Chapter 31

Dumbledore's army lined up behind Neville. "Expelliarmus!" He shouted. His wand flew backwards and everybody ducked as it hit the back wall. "I'm hopeless." He sighed.

"No you're just flourishing your wand too much. Try it like this..." Harry suggested. He positioned himself towards the target. "Expelliarmus!" He shouted. Everybody stared in awe at him. "Right who's next." 

You stood before the target nervously. "Expelliarmus!" You shouted. The wand flew out of the statues hand.

"Good job Y/N!" Harry smiled patting you on the shoulder. 

"Too easy." You said and flipped your hair. "Kidding! I nearly shit myself. I thought I was going to take somebody's eye out." You exclaimed. 

"Y/N don't use that word." Hermione warned as you went towards the back of the line.

"Sorry mother." You joked.

By the end of the lesson most people could do the spell, some were still struggling but overall it was a good result for the first day.

-

You sat in lesson after lesson everyday impatiently waiting until it was time to meet with the DA. Umbridge was getting more suspicious as the days went on and you had to be extra careful on your way to the room of requirement not getting caught.

"Stunning is one of the most useful spells in your arsenal. It''s a wizard's bread and butter really." Harry said walking in the isle formed by students. "So erm, go on then Nigel. Give it your best shot."

Nigel stood facing Harry and took his position. He pointed the wand at Harry. "Stupefy!" He yelled. Harry and Nigel both flew backwards. You did not expect Nigel to be so powerful.

"Good, not bad at all actually. Nigel well done." Harry praised. Even Nigel looked shocked at himself.

Two people at a time began to have a small duel. "So Y/N, what do you say?" Fred asked next to you.

"You want to duel with me?" You asked.

"Easy target i guess." He shrugged.

"Oh really Weasley? We'll see about that," You said. 

The two of you stood at either side of the room. "Stupefy!" He yelled quickly. Without thinking you deflected the spell. You didn't even know you could do that.

"Stupefy!" You shouted back. Fred flew back and you smirked at him.

"Easy target eh?" You laughed.

"Go on Y/L/N." George shouted going over to his brother to laugh at him.

After a few other students had gone Hermione and Ron had a turn. 

"Go on Ron!" A few of the boys cheered on as Hermione and Ron stood facing each other. Ron was sure he would win and he had a cocky smile on his face. To you it was very obvious that Hermione would win because it's Hermione Granger.

Before Ron had the chance to say his spell Hermione hit him "Stupefy!" She shouted. Ron hit the floor and Hermione chuckled. You and some other girls gathered around her. 

"Serves him right." You laughed. 

Soon after the lesson ended but someone had said Filch was waiting outside of the usual exit so you all had to use another exit point.

The next morning you headed down to the great hall and saw filch putting up another sign on the wall. It said that all students would be questioned. 

"Look at her." You spat glaring at Umbridge as she ate. "I hate her so much." 

"At least we have the DA." Hermione said optimistically.