Chapter 20

"You don't deserve this you know." Malfoy said.

"Then what do i deserve? Somebody to use the cruciatus curse on me?" You sighed.

"No. You deserve somebody who doesn't go kissing other girls." Malfoy answered with a slight smirk, not one of those annoying smirks he normally does.

"Thanks i guess." You replied. "It's just embarrassing. Embarrassingly shitty."

"Embarrassingly shitty?" Malfoy chuckled. 

"Yes. I couldn't just have this one night could I?" You asked mostly to yourself. 

"The night isn't over yet." Malfoy replied,

"Well mine is." You smiled briefly wiping away another stupid tear. "Why aren't you insulting me yet?" You asked.

"I'm not always a prick." He said quoting what you called him before. 

"Well you sure make out like you are." You responded looking back at him. He laughed slightly and looked down.

"Yeah well people aren't always what they seem." He said.

"Like Mr 'I didn't want to hurt you' Diggory." You replied.

"Yeah like him."

It was quiet for a few minutes and you felt a bit better, who knew talking to Malfoy could help? Suddenly Malfoy jumped up and looked down at you.

"Come on." He said and extended his hand.

"What?" You asked.

"Like I said the night isn't over." He smirked. You still sat on the floor staring up at him. "'Just take my hand Y/L/N." He said rolling his eyes.

"Fine." You answered and put your hand in his as he helped you up. "Where are we going?" You questioned as you started to go down the staircase. He had his arm linked with yours, which was kind of awkward but you was too uncomfortable to move it.

"To dance." Malfoy replied simply.

"You're kidding right? I swear to god if you-" you began pulling your arm away. You noticed that the next lot of stairs lead to the great hall.

"I'm not going to hex you or whatever else." Malfoy defended and put his hands up.

"I'm not going. I've just been crying which means I look like a cave woman" you answered wiping under your eyes. At least you wore waterproof mascara tonight.

"You look fine." He said.

"Gee thanks."

"It's alright Y/L/N. " Malfoy nodded.

You were just at the entrance of the hall when you saw everybody still dancing. Why was Malfoy being nice?

"Don't just stand there Y/L/N." Malfoy said and walked ahead in front of you. You caught up with him. You felt as if people were staring at you, but not a lot of people had seen the fight you had with Cedric. It was just paranoia.

You went over to the dance floor with Malfoy and observed the other students dancing gracefully with each other. Was you really about to dance with Draco Malfoy?

"May I have this dance?" Malfoy asked and bowed down, extending his arm out. You chuckled and rolled your eyes at him.

"You may." You replied and took his arm with yours.

At first it was awkward neither of you really spoke to each other and you was too scared to make eye contact with him because it just made you nervous. You glanced over Malfoy's shoulder and saw Cedric's shocked face. He knitted his eyebrows together and turned away from you to continue talking to Cho.