Chapter 23

After seeing Barty Crouch's dead body you'd been pretty shaken up. You'd been having nightmares for the past few weeks and paranoid any time you went out near Hagrid's hut on your own. In the day it was fine but at night his face haunted your dreams.

"Are you still never going to tell us about what happend at the Yule Ball?" Harry asked as you, Hermione, Ron and Harry sat in the courtyard.

"What do you mean?" You asked.

"Y/N we all saw you with Draco Malfoy. I'd of thought you'd have said something by now." Hermione said.

"It's been 3 months." Ron added.

"Yeah well I was hoping you all had memory loss. Sadly you don't." You answered.

"You told us all about Cedric but skipped the part where you spent half the night with Malfoy." Harry said.

"I didn't skip it, you just didn't ask." You shrugged.

"I'm asking." Ron said.

"Basically... erm well." You stuttered not knowing how to explain it. "When I left the hall I was upset and Malfoy came up to me and was being nice to me, weird I know I thought that, we talked and Whatever. Anyway he didn't tell me where we were going and turned out it was back to the great hall. He asked me to dance which I was wary of at first because it's Draco Malfoy. But I danced with him anyway and I actually had an ok time. That's it really." You lied.

The three of them all looked at you with a yeah right, I totally believe you look. Which you replied with a 'what'

"Really Y/N? That's it?" Harry asked.

"Yes Harry. Would I lie to you?"

"Probably." The three of them said in unison.

"Thanks guys." You replied sarcastically.

"Why would you even think of dancing with Malfoy?" Ron asked with a frown.

"I don't know."

"Then how come-" Ron began but was interrupted by Hermione.

"Ronald just stop with the questions. If Y/N doesn't want to talk about it anymore then forget about it. It sounds like you and Draco switched places that night." She said shooting daggers at Ron. You knew that that was a dig at him for ruining her night.

"What's that suppose to mean?" He asked.

"Speak of the devil himself." You said trying to avoid Ron and Hermione having an argument. Malfoy walked past the four of you and you all went quiet pretending you weren't talking about him before like little girls.

-

Later that day you and Hermione were heading up to your dorm to get some books that needed returning to the library. When you was inside Hermione turned to you with a smile and began. "Y/N you know you can tell me anything."

"I know 'Mione." You sat down on your bed and she joined you. "See when Malfoy and I were dancing I didn't hate it. And then I asked him what the plan was."

"Plan?" Hermione asked.

"Like If he would ignore me or treat me like a normal person or whatever. He ignored my question and then I stormed off because I wasn't exactly hurt but it bothered me that he was going to pretend that nothing happened. He then followed me out." You paused and looked up at Hermione who was looking back at you with anticipation about what happened next.

"We argued and then he said look up. There was mistletoe. At first I was so angry at him and I said how I wouldn't kiss him then as I was about to leave I looked back at him. He looked so handsome and I kissed him." You covered you face with embarrassment. "Hermione I don't know what to do!" You exclaimed.