Chapter 39

You hated that woman! And Malfoy, you couldn't believe his stupid smug face when he looked into the room of requirement.

Umbridge was now the headmaster of Hogwarts. She had put the most ridiculous rules up on the wall outside the great hall and today you and the rest of Dumbledore's army would have some sort of detention with her.

You hadn't really spoken to Malfoy since the DA was found out, mostly because of how angry you was at, not just him but at everything, the ministry and Umbridge.

"Alright Y/N?" Ron asked noticing your grave look.

"Not really Ron, we're about to go and get tortured in some sort of way by Umbridge." You replied as you made your way to the great hall. "I would love to just set fire to every single one of those stupid notices on the wall." You said glaring at the wall with the rules on.

"What do you think she'll make us all do?" Ron asked.

"Steal sweets from little kids." George said from behind you and Ron.

"Speak of the devil." Fred said gesturing in front. There at the front of the great hall you noticed Umbridge walk down one of the isles of desks and chairs set out. She stood at the front of the great hall and you looked around at the DA who all stood at the back of the great hall with unsure expressions on their faces.

"Come on take your seats." Umbridge giggled.

Once everybody was sat down Umbridge said to copy out a sentence over and over. You knew then that it was the same quill as before, the one that scarred your hand. You gulped and glanced at Harry who gave you a knowing look.

It was painful. The pain on your hand was close to unbearable, it was a whole lot worse than your detention before. Especially because you could hear everybody else wincing from the pain. You glared at Umbridge who actually looked like she was enjoying the experience of torture. She was sat in Dumbledore's chair and sighed like she was living a fantasy.

When it was finished nobody spoke on the way out of the great hall. You saw Cho waiting outside with furrowed eyebrows. She made eye contact wth you and smiled but you just ignored her and held your hand which felt like it was throbbing.

The DA dispersed, going their own ways. You needed that evil woman gone. You couldn't comprehend that somebody like Umbridge was allowed to be headmaster of Hogwarts.

"Y/L/N." You looked up and saw Malfoy coming towards you.

"Leave me alone." You barely said, it was more of a whisper and walked past him

"Are we going back to the start again Y/L/N?" He asked.

You turned around and glared at him. "I don't know Malfoy but I can't stop thinking about the expression on your face when you had found the DA. Then hearing you mock people in it with your friends. How can you be helping such a cruel and wicked woman like Umbridge?" You asked. You felt your face heating up with anger.

"Does it really matter that much Y/L/N? It's not like anything will happen to you." He brushed off and stepped towards you.

"Something has happened, she is headmaster! Dumbledore is gone and now that gargoyle is free to do whatever the hell she wants, like this!" You exclaimed and showed your hand. Malfoy looked confused at first and looked at your hand.

"What is it?" He asked.

"She made everybody write with some sort of blood quill! You're apart of this and that's why I'm mad Malfoy." You said covering your hand.

"Who- what-" He stuttered and took your arm so he could see your scarred hand. Malfoy lifted your chin up with his index finger before he lightly kissed your lips. "I'm sorry." He said.