Chapter 21

Christmas had past and it was now February. You couldn't think of day that went by when you didn't think of the kiss you and Malfoy shared. You regretted it more and more every day, you knew you would, but for some stupid reason you went against yourself. Malfoy often winked at you in the corridors or whispered in your ear to wind you up but as much as you tried to ignore him you couldn't stop thinking about him. Apart from that you tried to stay away from him just in case he decided to announce to the whole school that you kissed him, up to now he has kept quiet luckily.

Mr Cedric Diggory on the other hand tried to talk to you every day. Constantly trying to apologise for what he did, but still proceeding to date Cho Chang.

Right now you were sat out in the courtyard reading a book as Ron ranted about how Fred and George did some prank on him.

"Ron why are you even thinking that you'll be able to get them back? They are prank geniuses." You informed with a chuckle after hearing his plan of 'destroying them'

"Yeah well... oh shut up." He muttered nudging you.

"I'm always right." You laughed returning your eyes to your book.

"Not always." He defended. "Diggory 3 o'clock." Ron warned. You closed you book and glanced up.

"Hey-" Cedric began.

"What do you want?" You snapped.

"Can we just talk?" He pleaded. Ron pushed your back to make you stand up. Him doing this resulted in you hitting him over the head with your book.

"Fine." You shrugged. "Ron hold my book. Don't fold any pages. Don't move my book mark-"

"Yeah yeah." Ron waved off.

You and Cedric walked a few metres away from where you was previously sat and you leant against the wall waiting to hear what Cedric had to say.

"'Y/N I've apologised about one hundred times what do you want me to say? I'm just sorry!" He exclaimed looking down at you.

"I know, but you hurt me Cedric. What did I do to you?" You asked.

"Nothing Y/N. I just- I was stupid not telling you that I liked Cho and-"

"More than stupid." You mumbled pushing off the wall to face him.

"Yeah a lot more than stupid. I was selfish and inconsiderate and didn't think about how it'd affect you." He answered. "It's not like me to do something like that you know that Y/N. I'm sorry."

"I need to-"

"Please just forgive me Y/N. I hate the way you look at me. It makes me feel sick knowing that I've hurt you."

You examined his face for any trace of mockery or lies but you couldn't see any. He was being genuine and an idiot would think otherwise. Cedric wasn't a bad person, he just made a stupid decision. You were still mad but after two months of hatred and thinking, you'd had a lot of time to go over the situation. As much as he hurt you that night he had apologised and tried making it up. When he could've just pretended you didn't exist.

"Ok." You responded.

"Sorry?" He asked not understanding.

"I forgive you." You replied shortly. You guessed it was better to forgive him and move on rather than hate him and be dragged down by it.

"Y/N-"

"Whatever Cedric." You interrupted not wanting to hear much more of him. Before you had a chance to walk away he embraced you in a hug. "What are you doing?" You asked.