Chapter 14

Right now you were sat next to Hermione in the room where the goblet stood. A silver circle was around it so that no wizard under the age of 17 could put their name into the goblet. You watched as students put their names forward, either egged on by their friends or confidently by themselves. 

"Go on Cedric." A boy started pushing him forward with some others. "Put it in." Once in the circle he stepped closer to the goblet and placed a small piece of paper into the flame. He grinned and turned back to his friends. 

"What's up with you watching Cedric?" Hermione asked.

"Nothing." You said shortly.

Suddenly you heard the twins running in as people began to cheer. "Thank you, thank you. Well, we've done it lads." George began.

"Cooked it up this morning." Fred finished off. 

"It's not going to work." Hermione sang closing her book. 

"Oh yeah? And why's that Granger?" Fred asked as he sat on one side of Hermione as George sat next to you. 

"See this?" You said pointing to the circle. "This is an age line. Dumbledore drew it himself." 

"So?"

"So a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by something pathetically dimwitted such as an age potion." Hermione informed. 

"That's why its so brilliant." Fred laughed. 

"Because it's pathetically dimwitted." George continued. "Ready Fred?" 

"Ready George." They stood up on the bench and popped open their test tube with their potion inside. 

"Bottom's up." They said synchronized and drank their potion. 

The pair of them jumped inside of the circle and waited for something to happen. Nothing. "Yeah!" They cheered. Everybody began clapping as they placed their names inside of the goblet.

A few seconds later the blue flame exploded up and threw the twins across the room turning their hair grey and making them have long beards.

"You said..." George began.

"You said..."  Fred interrupted. They began to wrestle on the floor as the crowd chanted 'fight' over and over.. You smirked knowing you and Hermione were right. 

The room became deadly silent. You looked and saw Viktor Krum walk in to the room. He put his name in the goblet and looked down at Hermione who's face slowly turned into a smile. You grinned at the thought of Krum liking her. 

-

Night time had fallen and it was time for Dumbledore to announce who had been picked for the tournament. "Sit down please. And now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champions selection!" Dumbledore announced. He dramatically turned around and held his hand to the lights around the hall as they dimmed.  Dumbledore slowly approached the goblet and placed his hands on either side. The flame turned from the striking blue to a bright red flame and a name shot out into Dumbledore's hand. 

"The Durmstrang champion is ... Viktor Krum!" Dumbledore bellowed. The crowd cheered as Krum got up off the bench. Shortly after another name shot out. "The champion from Beauxbatons... Fleur Delacour" Another round of cheering started as she gracefully strolled out to the front. "The Hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory." The last round of cheering started as Cedric shook his friends hands and walked up to the front. 

"Excellent! we now have our three champions! But in the end only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory the tri-wizard cup!" Dumbledore announced and pointed towards a beautiful glowing cup, but just as everyone thought it was over the flames started to circle around the goblet and it turned red. Another name shot out and Dumbledore caught it in disbelief. "Harry Potter. Harry Potter?" You looked at Harry who sank in his seat he looked just as confused as everybody else.  "Harry Potter!" Dumbledore yelled.

"Go on Harry! For goodness sake." You said pushing him. Harry slowly walked up towards Dumbledore as the whole hall glared at him without saying a word. 

"He's a cheat! He's not even seventeen yet!" Somebody shouted. Harry continued to hesitantly walk to the front and pass all the teachers who stared at him. He couldn't of possibly put his name in the goblet. Could he?

-

"How did he do it?" Ron asked with a frown.

"I honestly don't know." Hermione sighed. 

"Do you really think he did it?" You asked looking at Ron as you stood in the corridor. 

"God knows, but he could've at least told us." He grumbled leaning against the wall. You and Hermione shared the same look knowing that Ron was upset and angry. You hated when they argued, but normally it was over something small and they'd be friends again after ten minutes, this time you didn't think it'd be as easy. 

-

"Amazing, amazing." Neville said out loud as he stood in the lake. 

"Neville, You're doing it again."  You laughed. 

"Oh, right sorry." Neville apologized. You were sat next to Harry at the bottom of a tree as Neville examined water plants. Harry and Ron had still not really spoken to each, other only if it was necessary and you and Hermione had to work to try and keep some sort of peace between everybody so that meant one of you with either Harry or Ron.

"Magical water plants of the highland Lochs?" Harry asked reading the book in his hands.

"Moody gave it to me, that day we had tea." Neville informed. He then glanced behind you and waved. You turned around to see Ron, Hermione and Ginny walking towards you.

"Be nice." You whispered to Harry. He stood up basically ignoring you and stared at the three of them. You saw Ron and Hermione bickering as they got closer. You stood up next to Harry and smiled briefly at them. 

"Ronald would like me to tell you that Seamus told him that Dean was told by Parvati that Hagrid was looking for you." Hermione said. 

"Is that right? Well.... what?" Harry puzzled. 

"Uhhh..." She walked back to Ron, they again start to whisper and bicker.

"Dean was told by Parvati that... Please don't ask me say it again. Hagrid's looking for you." She sighed, as Hermione was about to turn away Harry began.

"Well you can tell Ronald-"

"I am not an Owl!" Hermione snapped and stormed away with Ginny. Ron stayed back and stared in disgust at Harry. You pulled Harry away and sat back down.

"You two need to talk to each other, it's ridiculous." You exclaimed.

"It's not me it's him." Harry defended.

"It's both of you acting like children and getting Hermione and me to act like messengers." You ranted.

"Sorry." Harry mumbled.

"It's fine." You sighed giving Harry a sidewards hug.

_____________________________________

Thank you for reading this chapter, i'm hopefully going to be updating a lot soon.

~maisie :)