Chapter 29

Winter was here and snow had started to cover the grounds at Hogwarts. You, Hermione and Ron were gathering students to start 'Dumbledore's Army' so that you could actually learn how to protect yourselves against you-know-who. When Hermione first asked Harry he was unsure and he said no, but with enough students you planned to meet somewhere in Hogsmeade and tell Harry about everything.

Umbridge had put up twice as many new rules on the wall outside the great hall. Everyday you had to fight the urge to not punch that toad in the face. Not only was she cruel to students but she was awful towards staff. You were surprised McGonagall and Flitwick hadn't locked her in a cupboard and left her to die yet.

You were sat in the library studying for your OWL's when you noticed Malfoy go down the main isle. You closed your book and sneaked around the corner, hoping to make him jump. It seriously was concerning you that he was actually following you. You peeped around the corner but he wasn't there, just a book in the middle of the side isle on the floor. You furrowed your eyebrows and walked to pick it up. "Potions book? Random." You said out loud to yourself bending down and grabbing it.

"Boo." Someone whispered in your ear and grabbed your waist. You span around and went to scream but stopped when you saw who it was.

"I was going to make you jump." You whined jokingly.

"I thought you might. I saw you look at me when i went past." He said smugly. "It was either you were going to jump out at me or jump on me." He said wiggling his eyebrows. You slapped his arm and put the book next to the shelf as it flew up to its place.

"You wish." You said.

"That I do Y/L/N." Malfoy smirked.

"You are something else Malfoy." You replied to his comment and rolled your eyes at him. "What are you doing in the library?" You asked changing the subject.

"OWL's preparation." He answered.

"You are actually studying?"

"Don't sound so surprised Y/L/N." Malfoy said.

"I didn't mean to, it's just not like you to actually admit that you are studying for something." You shrugged. The two of you walked to where you was originally sat.

"I'm not stupid." Malfoy said sitting down next to your seat.

"I know you aren't I've seen some of your results from tests and in class you mostly have right answers." You replied sitting next to him.

"So you look at me in class then Y/L/N. Admiring the prince?" He teased licking his lips.

"Oh please. Why would i be 'admiring' you? I just glance around the classroom." You defended.

"Yeah right. You just happen to glance over what i'm doing." He said.

"Exactly." You replied picking up your quill. Malfoy opened one of the books on the desk and began to read it as you wrote down notes. It was okay for a while but then Malfoy started to do more staring at you rather than staring at the book. "You know someone might think you have a crush on me if you keep staring Malfoy." You joked.

"Like I'd have a crush. Especially on someone like you." Malfoy scoffed.

"Thanks for that." You said.

"Honesty is the best policy." He defended folding his arm and leaning back.

"Since when have you ever followed the best policy?" You asked.

"Since about ten seconds ago." He replied.

"Shut up." You muttered.

"What do you do when you don't have your head in a book?" Malfoy asked.