Chapter 36

You really needed to get Malfoy out of your head. You still wanted to be angry at him but when he looked at you, butterflies fluttered in your stomach.

"What lesson do we have next?" Seamus asked, breaking you from your thoughts.

"Potions. Homework was in for today as well." You answered.

"Guess I'll be getting a wack around the head and a detention." He chuckled and continued to write.

"I don't think Trelawney is coping very well." You said signalling to her sat in the corner.

"Yeah I know. She hasn't been the same since the incident with Umbridge. Firenze is doing his best though." He said watching Trelawney stare into her crystal ball.

"I can't stand Umbridge. Just saying her name makes me want to vomit." You joked.

"Don't see anything of Dumbledore anymore." Seamus said.

"I know." You sighed.

"Alright everybody that'll do for today." Firenze said and went over to Trelawney.

"Thank god!" Seamus mumbled and put his books in his bag.

"Y/N is the thing on today?" Neville asked from behind you. 'The thing' being the DA meeting. You nodded and gathered your stuff to put in your bag.

You left divination talking with Ron about Quidditch whilst Hermione and Harry talked about the next DA meeting.

When you arrived in Potions, Snape was at the front of the classroom staring at everyone coming in. It was a bit creepy but it was Snape so it wasn't too weird.

"Everybody should have their homework if not you know what will happen, won't we Finnegan? Homework?" Snape asked looking down him.

"No professor." Seamus said.

"What a surprise." Snape said sarcastically. "Detention tonight!"
Snape continued to walk around collecting homework and handing out detentions to those who hadn't done it.

"More than half the class hasn't even attempted the homework." Hermione whispered. You jumped when you suddenly heard a slam on the desk.

"As the majority of you cannot complete a simple assessment for homework, you will be working on brewing your potion with an assigned partner by me." Snape bellowed.

Everybody slowly got up from their seats and made their way to the back of the room where Snape began pairing people up.

"You've got to be kidding me!" You exclaimed louder than you meant to. Snape had just paired you up with Crabbe. "I did my homework, why should I be put with him?" You asked.

"Miss Y/L/N you will do what you are told." Snape said glaring at you.

"This is so unfair!" You complained.

"5 points from Gryffindor!"

"You can't j-"

"Do you want to make it 10?" Snape asked. You shook your head and sat down in your seat as far away from Crabbe as you possibly could.

Hermione was put with Goyle, Ron was put with Nott and Harry was put with Parkinson, which of course they were all so excited about. Malfoy was put with Seamus, it made you laugh seeing Malfoy look disgusted being made to work with him.

After Snape had explained how to brew the potion everybody got to work. It didn't take long before you was nearly shouting at Crabbe. "Stop it you absolute buffoon! You are not going to be the reason that I get a bad grade!" You stressed putting your hands on your head.