Amzoro piyan (puffball)

(The puffballs were drawn way back when while the Piyan art was drawn August 9th)

Amzoro:

Species name: Amzoro (sometimes called Amzors for short)

Name meaning: 'amzor' means 'swift' in Blahscabysan,

Pronunciation: am-zor-oh (Common) Awh-mm-z-oah-rr-oah 

Core type: dark core

Size: At the average 6-7 feet (182-213 centimetres) the male is often a foot taller than the female who is averagely 5-6 feet (152-182 centimetres) tall

Weight: males tend to weigh around 180 to 200lbs (81-90kg) while females weigh around 160-180lbs (72-81kg)

Wingspan: 14-15 feet (426-457 centimetres) 

Description: Amzoro are always very colourful, colours such as black, grey, white and brown are not found in their breed. Dark shades of colour (for example navy or dark green) also don't appear in Amzoro with the exception of the colour purple. Like all Piyans they have digitigrade legs, their heels having small claws. Two circular markings can be found on either cheek in both genders, however it is only the male that will have markings on his arms and at the tips of his wings. Markings in general will always be a darker shade of the main skin colour. Large broad wings make them powerful flyers, the colour of their eyes and the colour of their wing membrane will always match. The bottom of the dorsal side of the wing will always have a ridge marking, while stripes and the occasional spot cover the rest of the back. The top joint is also always marked, an Amzoro does not have talons.  Amzoro have long tails to balance, this tail is covered in stripe like markings and ends in a small tuff of fur. A male will have longer hair, typically allowing for a distinctive tuff at the front that's the colour of their markings. A female has shorter hair, but for the breed all together hair does not grow past the shoulders. They have more rounded toes and wider feet. The clothing is primarily made from cloth that is just as colourful as they are, woven on top is sheds of Velzuu scales. Leather straps and belts are also worn although wouldn't have buckles. This clothing is surprisingly waterproof to deal with the often rainy or wet climates they live in. The blood much like the Azmorvin is a purple red colour, in the dark the wing membranes and eyes will glow with a soft light.

Diversity (features found in their species alone):  Amzoro are on of the only brightly coloured webbed winged breed, and the fact that their eye colour and wing membrane colour always matches up is unique to them alone. 

Group species or solidarity?: Amvoro tend to live in family groups rather than a community, this family will typically claim a large territory and stick to it. This family often consists of a mated pair, perhaps their parents, and their offspring. Cousins or siblings to the mated pair may be part of the family group.

Habits: This webbed wing breed is more often seen seen around dusk or dawn, sleeping through the hottest part of the day. They are territorial, but aren't prone to immediately attacking intruders. They like the rain, and whenever it's raining they will sure to be out and running slashing in the biggest puddles they can find. 

Social system: Amzoro stick to their families, where together they decide what to do and how to survive within their territory. Typically the oldest and youngest are fed first, all members of the family pitch in to help each other survive. When offspring reach a certain age, they will more often go start their own family instead of going to live with the families  of their makaq or staying with their own family.

Apprentages: long tails, wings, no talons

Weapons/attack forms/abilities: This breed has the ability ability to see in poor visibility, weather it rain, fog or lack of light. With dark energy cores they can manifest bolts of dark energy which is often used to spear fish. Their colourful bodies warm predators that eating them will result in both a horrible taste, but a slow poisonous demise. This poison is not nearly as potent as other breeds, and is much easier to cure, this venom is often delivered through a bite and is more meant for self defence rather than hunting.

Life cycle:  From birth the Amzoro pup is actually completely pale greyish green in colour and will have no markings anywhere on their body. Born both blind and deaf they are heavily reliant on their family to take care of them, eating the mushed up food brought to them. After a week the eyes will open, but they will remain deaf for the first month of their life and rely on scent to recognize both their parents and potential danger. At month two their bright colours begin to develop along with their markings, and they will be crawling. Typically around a year old they will start walking, at the age of 1300 (twenty six human years) they are fully independent and can even somewhat fly, however will continue living with their family for support until they start reaching sexual maturity at the age of 1900 (roughly thirty eight human years) where their instincts will prompt them to leave, find a makaq, and start their own family group. Due to the fact that they live in groups, they have the life expectancy of around 10,000 years (200 human years) much like the Azmorvin. The most common cause of deaths is the period of time where a Amzoro has just left home and has no family. 

Food source: This omnivorous breed hunts, but is more so known for farming. They build pens to keep prey animals for a constant food supply, also eating a number of plants, mainly vegetables and mushrooms that they grown and scavage. Hunting is mostly reserved for fishing or during the winter seasons when food is harder to grow. Hunting is often done in teams of two, one to hunt, the other to keep watch for predators.

Family: Like all Piyans (with the exception of Velzdra) Amzoro are monogamous and once they find a makaq they will stay with that individual forever. When a individual leaves home to start their own families, they have two choices, either establish a territory, or go look for one to live in. Should a Amzoro choose to have their own territory, along its borders they will leave a scent (which comes from a sweat like substance their wings make, this also can double as natural sun screen) to establish they are single. This scent can tell a lot about them, nearly everything from their gender, health, to their mood at the time of leaving the scent. When they finally attract a potential significant other they will spend a few days together to find out if they're right for each other. If not it's as simple as wishing each other the best of luck and moving on. On some occasions the parents of a individual will live with them, this is typically found in pairs that waited much later to have offspring. Siblings or cousins may live together but it's uncommon. Pups are often born in litters of three to five, all members of the family work together to raise them and teach them skills.

Heath: Amzoro rarely suffer from illness, the most common sickness they get is often from mistaking edible plants for poisonous look alikes, although these never prove to be fatal. Fevers and flus are also a lovely occasional. Infection of wounds is often a common killer. Being a pure dark energy piyan they are free from Core Corruption.

Bio sum up: 

Amzoro live in family like groups and own a territory, where they grow food, farm, and gather supplies. Typically they live in the jungles of either Gaelistor or Ciloenth on Doran where they can enjoy the rain and have places to fish from. They are reclusive and dislike intruders. At birth they are a dull colour to make them easier to hide, and as they grow they become a rather saturated colour. While Amzoro have strong jaws, they are more prone to building weapons to defend themselves using their bright colours as a distractor. Farming and fishing are the main food sources, food is often prepared before consumption. Over all they are more fair tempered and somewhat playful, but defensive of what they call theirs, Amzoro dislike sharing outside the family.