Ben Wolf (Spider-Man oc)

Ben Wolf is the Spider-Man oc I came up with on the spot right after the Spider-Man Into the Spiderverse movie, I decided to come up with my own spidy ^

Ben Wolf is the Spider-Man oc I came up with on the spot right after the Spider-Man Into the Spiderverse movie, I decided to come up with my own spidy ^.^ 

Ben Wolf was a normal kid until he got into a car crash that claimed the lower parts of his legs and the lives of the both of his parents. With the amputation went a lot of his hope and courage, and he fell into a depression over the loss of his parents and his dream of being a star baseball player.  When the sixteen year old finally recovered, he found himself crippled to a wheelchair and emotionally scarred, his older brother and his only remaining family began to do everything in his power to restore his younger brother's lost hope, this included trying to get Ben interested in the medical science field, where he was convinced that with enough effort and Ben's help he could make Ben prosthetics that would allow him to become the baseball champion he dreamed of being. During one of his visits however, some unusual force drew him to a wing that unauthorized personal were forbidden to enter, but curious and unable to let it go he decided to go in anyways, alas in his kind of noisy and very not stealthy wheelchair Ben did not get far before he was caught, this wasn't before a tiny radioactive spider climbed up on his wheelchair hitching a ride back to his house where he was utterly bitten and turned into Wolf Spider. 

After battling an intense fever that came with the bite he found himself able to sense things, stick to walls and see further than he had before, Ben gained sharp teeth which can discharge a paralyzingly venom, and markings along his arms and back that glow. His brother quickly became aware of his younger brother's changes and did his best to help, and even built Ben some web slingers and a suit during one of Ben's depressive episodes in an attempt to cheer him up and help him deal with his new found powers. This gave Ben the idea to try using the slingers and the stickiness to move around, and slowly started becoming clever with such and quite mobile. In secret he started fighting crime after he stopped a robbery at a convient store and saved the life of the cashier, finally giving him a reason to believe he could still be useful even if he was crippled. Ben truly started learning that if you tried hard enough and worked around what limited you, it could slow you, but it didn't have to stop you. His brother eventually figured out what he was doing and decided to become his side kick, while he may not have any super powers like Ben does but he does have a technical know how and a lab at his university that allows him to discreetly build gear that lets him be a vigilante beside Ben, both to offer his encouragement and to assure his little brother doesn't get hurt. 

Ben is homeschooled, which naturally means he has few to no friends besides his brother, needless to say he keeps out of view while heroing and doesn't let anyone know his identity, if questioned he'll bluntly point out how he'd love to be swooping between buildings, but alas he's stuck in a wheelchair. Personality wise he's a bit of a smartass and is a tad sharp tongued, willing to grumble about everything he has an entire book of comebacks at his disposal, until he truly begins to start being Wolf Spider he lacks confidence and is pessimistic, however he later grows and learns to be more hopeful and creative to solve his problems rather than just mope about them. He's very independent and headstrong to the point that he can become unreasonably stubborn, while he may be prickly and hard to get to know, he is a kind person at heart and detests those who are willing to kill, steal or hurt others to get their own way. He always wears big baggy clothes to hide his markings, which when he's emotional tend to blow rather brightly, and because he's easy to anger this is usually quite often.