William (The 90's Kids)

Note, the ITS use they/them pronouns, and actually don't use or even know what 'he' or 'she' is, thus is why they refer to William as 'they'

-

A scientist stood and watched in nervous silence as their experiment continued to rampage. There was nothing in that reinforced room, nothing but a heavy set and unmoving door alongside a single one way window, a window that for the record did absolutely nothing to block the horrid noise. Nothing was in that room but a black creature able to telekinetically throw around the air itself with such force it seemed to make everything shake with a dull throb.

"I'm putting them back into stasis," they announced after the third impact, the shaking had begun to make them worry and think that just maybe that glass might just break.

"What? Why? It's just a tantrum, they do it all the time, it's preferable over the others. Besides that one we've woken up to send to their alpha planet, they are the only one that actually does something!" Their company held up their hands and gestured them towards the top hat demon. "The rest just mope, and to think our Monarch wants to turn them into soldiers, they are wasting their time." Demon, it was the word that the humans used to describe the evil things that went bump in the night, so they figured the term was the most suiting to ease into the humans fragile minds.

Humans were weak, fearful creatures that hatred what they did not understood, and even though they had been studying the race that called themselves tapakati for a few years now they were still surprised on a daily basis. They had captured humans first, humans of all different positions of power, and left them with the impression that those demons were the true masterminds behind their kidnappings. Than they had let them escape back to their home with the forged news, and slowly they began to scare each other and the other races into believing the rumours, and when all those 'wretched' tapakati disappeared nobody though to look into it and uncover the truth. They pushed the button that dispensed the gas, and they heard an outraged scream and they saw them tried to delay the effects as long as possible. Closed that mouth thing as tightly as possible, slapped claws over their nose and held their breath.

"Maybe they throw a tantrum because your clutch mate set them on fire and is playing with their kin mercilessly instead of simply capturing them?" Another loud thud as the experiment gave one last forceful blow before staggering, and than falling over. A few minutes were used to assure the subject be asleep, before they were wheeled off to be put back into their stasis tank, where they kept the entire tapakati population, woke four or five of them up at once before putting them back to sleep. Kept them from escaping, keeping them hurting or killing themselves.

"It's just a guess."