Chapter 15

Evan's POV:

I'm walking in the halls at school with my worry stone in my back pocket, I see Jared at his locker and I walk up to him.

"H-hey Jared..."

"Oh hey Hansen" He says while not even looking me in the eye.

"So..."

"So what do you want?" He says, looking me in the eye this time.

"I-I forgive you"

"So you'll talk to me in school again?" He says while shutting his locker.

I nod.

"Great that means I can show you all these super cool things called memes" He says, while showing me something on his phone, I laugh.

"See they're funny right?" He says while showing me another one.

"No it's just these are so stupid" I say, Jared looks back up at me.

"Did you just talk back to me?"

"Yeah I guess"

"DANG HANSEN"

"Shh Jared don't make a big deal"

"Oh right you don't like that kind of stuff"

The bell rings and Jared and I walk to math together, as we walk in he looks over at the kid Connor.

"I heard that Connor has been getting into a lot of fights lately" Jared whispers into my ear, I look at him then look back at Connor.

"The poor thing..."

Jared looks at me weirdly. "Do you have feelings for him Evan?"

"N-no of course not I hardly even know him"

"Then why'd you say that?"

"S-say what?"

"You know what you said Hansen"

"N-no I don't"

"Whatever lets just go to our seats"

I sigh and sit down in my seat. Jared turns around to face me.

"You promise you don't know him?" Jared asks.

"N-no I don't I swear"

"Really? Cause I heard rumors that he saved your ass when you got bullied for hugging a tree"

I start to get nervous.

How did Jared find out?

"W-when did you hear that?" I ask him.

"Oh ya know just some popular kids where saying stuff a few days ago and..."

"H-how did they know"

"One of them claimed that he bullied you, he said you almost cried like a little baby but then Connor came and destroyed the whole pack, then they said that they're onto you and Connor and all that so...."

Just then the popular kids show up behind Jared, I freeze in shock.

"What is it Hansen? You all the sudden just froze in that position" Jared asks, a little concerned.

"Hello Jared" One of the populars say, they pull on Jared's hair and they turn his head around to face them.

"Oh uhh hey guys" Jared says trying to act as calm as possible.

"Don't pretend like we didn't hear it Jared, we heard the whole thing" Another one says.

"Why does it matter? I mean you guys started the rumor yourself so..." Jared says. One of the populars slams his fist on his desk, the other one drags him out of the room.

Oh shit this can't be good.

I can hear Jared being slammed against one of the lockers, the guys start yelling at him so I can hear the whole conversation form inside the classroom.

"WHY DID YOU TELL HIM WE WERE COMING AFTER HIM, ASSHOLE" One of them says.

"WE HAD A PLAN AND EVERYTHING AND YOU RUINED IT, YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE NEXT! YOU BETTER WATCH OUT" Another adds in then they all come back into the classroom just before class is about to start, Jared comes back over to his seat and I am speechless.

"Shit shit shit shit" I can hear him say under his breath.

"I-it'll be ok"

"NO IT WONT EVAN IM DEAD"

"I-I'm sorry Jared"

"Don't be... I'm the one that should be" He replies while resting his head on his desk, trying to disappear from the world before the world corrupts on him.