Chapter 31

Over a year later...

Jared's POV:

Now that I'm a freshman in high school mom and dad have really left me on my own, a lot. It seems they're never home and when they are they don't really seem to care. So I've been slacking at school lately, like any person would if their parents didn't care about them. I know I should think that they care about me but they don't, if they did wouldn't they be around to take care of me more? I mean I guess I shouldn't mind, this is every teenage boy's dream right? I mean instead of homework I can spend my time looking at memes and oh boy did they get better over the years. Also I have a lot more time to spend with my bath bombs. So I guess I should be thankful.

"Jared, Jared" Evan whispers while poking me in the back.

"What?" I whisper back.

"Did you right down example number two cause I got distracted and didn't get it"

Suddenly I remember I'm in math class, I stare down at my blank notebook paper.

"No, I never write down those stupid examples" I reply.

Evan sighs and continues to write down the next examples while I lay my head back on my desk. My eyes slowly close and I drift to sleep.

~~~

The annoying sound of the loud bell wakes me up. I lift my head and grab my notebook, that now has my drool on it, and my backpack and head to my next class. I am pulled aside by my teacher though before I'm even out the door.

"Jared you should know this by now, no sleeping in my class" My teacher, Mr. Fleming says.

"Yeah I know" I reply and try to walk out to my next class but Mr. Fleming stops me.

"You know? You know Jared I'm not sure if you do, you've been sleeping in my class for what? Like a week now?"

"Yeah it's second period what do you expect?"

Ever since middle school I've kinda developed... well a bitch personality. Which isn't good I know but I don't know where it came from and I don't know how to get rid of it.

"Jared am I going to have to contact your parents?"

I laugh. "Go ahead, they won't care anyway" I say while walking out, Mr. Fleming lets me go.

Just as I'm about the enter my next class the tardy bell rings and a teacher catches me.

"You're late, give me your name" They say, I sigh.

Our school has these things called 'tardy sweeps' and basically if you get caught after the bell you get an hour detention.

"Look I was talking to a teacher can't you-" I get cut off.

"Sorry, no pass" The teacher says.

"Fine, my name's Jared Kleinman"

"Hmm, freshman huh?" He says.

"Yeah how'd you know?" I ask, he looks at me.

"Well for one you're short and you look like you just came out of middle school" He says.

I mean he's not wrong but still, ouch.

"So..."

"Detention is tomorrow Jared, room 224" He says while handing me a yellow slip, I read it.

'Tardy Sweeps
Name: Jared Kleinman
Detention Date: tomorrow (11/26)
Detention room: 224'

I sigh and head into my class.

A/N:
Hopefully you guys don't mind the major time skip, I just wanted to speed up a little bit and get into their high school life and develop the characters a little more. Also I recommend reading the deh novel cause if you haven't in some of the Connor chapters I'm going be spoiling a little section of the novel because now that we know more about him from that I wanna include that in this fanfic as well as some of my own ideas of course. Anyway I hope you're having an amazing day and I hope you're enjoying the story!