Chapter 29

Evan's POV:

Jared is onstage right now and let's just say he's not doing so well, he just sang his first song and you could barely hear the audience clap.

"Oh Peter Pan he... h-he..." Jared stumbles.

Just as I suspected, Jared can't remember any of his lines. Not even a single one.

"He-he's a little bitch that's what I'll tell you" Jared blurts out, I can hear the audience members gasp.

Didn't think about that one did you Jared?

I peer out into the gym and I see some audience members stand up and walk out the door.

Ms. Diction can't be very happy about this.

Soon the scene changes and it's my time to go on, I walk on stage with the other ensamble members and all the nerves flood through my body. I start to sweat.

Come on Evan you can do this, you can do this.

I begin to feel sick to my stomach.

You can't do this.

I follow the other ensamble members and do as we're supposed to, follow Peter Pan around the stage for approximately 2 minutes. I try to hold my supper from an hour ago, all those beans, corn, chicken, and carrots.

It sure would be a shame if something were to happen and onstage too, I'll never hear enough of it.

Once we're about done following Peter around in a circle I can't hold it in anymore and my supper goes all over the floor and onto the back of the person in front of me. The rest of the audience, which appears to be about 15 people, gasp and start to leave the gym one by one until the only people left are my mom and Ms. Diction.

"IF YOU'LL EXCUSE US WE NEED TO HAVE A QUICK MOMENT OFFSTAGE, THE MUSICAL WILL RESUME SHORTLY" Ms. Diction yells then starts running over to us, we all head back into the choir room. Jared is sitting in the back corner on his iPod, the others are talking amongst themselves.

"Children, gather around me, we need to have a talk about what has happened" Ms. diction says, we all gather around. I walk over to Jared.

"Shit dude what happened?" Jared whispers.

"I'll tell you later" I whisper back.

"Evan, I'm afraid I can't let you perform the rest of the night due to your...." Ms. Diction pauses for a moment. "incident..."

"I-I understand" I say.

"Why don't you pack up your things and go meet your mom in the gym" Ms. Diction says, I nod, pack up my things and head into the gym.

Once I'm in the gym mom sees me and rushes over to me.

"EVAN" She says while hugging me. "Are you ok? Are you sick?"

"No" I say. "Just stage fright"

"Oh honey I'm sorry, I should have listened to you when you told me you didn't want to do this"

"No mom it's fine really, let's just go home" I say, she nods.

"Okay, if it's best for you" She says while heading out the gym doors and out into the parking lot.

Just as I suspected, this musical was never going to be good anyway.