Chapter 41

A few years later...

Jared's POV:

It's now summer break of Junior year, I'm gonna be a senior in about a month now. Evan and I haven't seen each other all summer yet, and I don't think we will. I heard he has a job and that's all I know. I'm surprised he even got a job. I mean with all of his anxiety and stuff I would think that'd be hard for him. I've also been cursing a ton lately and I know that's not healthy but I also don't care. My parents don't either. They'll say "Jared watch your language" and I'll be like "what did I say?" And they're like "never-mind" so I basically get out of it every time.

"Jared" My mom says from my doorway, I pretend I don't hear her.

"Jared" She repeats herself, I ignore her again.

She walks up to me and takes my phone out of my hands.

"Hey I was just about to text Evan" I say.

"Well I was going to tell you I got you a free job for the summer! Isn't that exciting? You don't even have to interview or anything" Mom says.

Free job? What does she mean by free job? This better be a joke.

"Free?" I ask.

Mom nods her head. "Yep, you see my best friend works at this summer kids net and I was telling her that you needed a job and she just signed you up"

"Do I need a job though?" I ask.

"Yes, this will be good for you Jared"

"I second that" I say.

"Come on Jared, they pay you"

"How much?"

"10 an hour"

"And how long do I normally work?"

"Well I'd say about 4 hours every week day, look I know it's not much but you need to get out there and do something"

So 10 dollars an hour and that means 40 a day... that's not that bad.

"So..." Mom says.

"Fine" I reply.

"Oh good, I'll tell her right away. You start on Monday"

"Great... can I have my phone back now?"

Mom looks down at her hands and realizes she still has my phone, she hands it back to me.

"Ok bye mom" I say.

Mom sighs and leaves the room, leaving me to do whatever I want.

We'll just see where this stupid kids net thing takes me.

A/N:
I hope you guys enjoyed that little chapter. I have a little break from school this week so hopefully I'll be able to post big updates this weekend.  Also I saw Dear Evan Hansen on Friday and it was the best thing ever, it was all I could ever hope for and more. I gave everyone in the cast letters and they appreciated it so much and it was so sweet to see. If you wanna hear all my thoughts and everything you can go over to my Dear Evan Hansen fan account on Instagram (@khakisandthosefuckingshoes).