Chapter 16

Jared's POV:

Evan and I are sitting at our regular lunch table together. I'm on my ipod looking through memes the whole time while Evan is eating some crappy pasta the school made.

"Evan don't you ever get tired of the school's food?" I ask, he shakes his head.

"No why?"

"Cause it tastes like crap, it's only good the first time you have it"

"This is the first time I'm having the pasta" Evan says and continues to eat his food, I sigh.

"That's why you like it so much then"

Suddenly I feel something hit the back of my shirt, I turn around but see nothing. I sigh and continue to look at my memes. The thing hits me again, this time when I turn back around I see one of the popular kids standing there.

Shit.

"H-hey how's it going?" I ask him, trying to pull of a fake smile. He grabs me and throws me into one of his other friends.

"You know what you did Jared" One of them smirks while grabbing the collar of my shirt and pulling me closer to them, I smile.

One of them kicks me straight in the balls, I fall to the ground in pain, the others start to surround me and my body is suddenly fills with pain as they start to punch and kick me every way they possibly can, I can hear Evan try calling for me.

"J-JARED WHERE DID YOU GO?"

Fuck.

I can hear one of the guys whisper to the other one.

"Get that kid to shut up" He says, the other one nods and goes towards Evan.

Shit.

I try to drown out the sounds of Evan screaming, I try to get up but one of the guys pins me down.

"Where do you think you're going asshole?" He says, I start to shake.

"I uhh nowhere"

He smirks. "Good"

He throws me over to his friend and his friend grabs me, I quickly get out of his grip and punch him right in the face, I run over to Evan and push my way through everyone surrounding him.

"GET THEM" I can hear someone yell, I quickly grab Evan's hand and run out of the cafitaria. I don't look back, I just know they're right behind us. I make a sharp turn and end up running straight into a teacher, Evan and I fall to the ground. The teacher looks down at both of us.

"What are you boys doing in the halls during lunch hour?"

"W-we were uhh going to grab a book Evan forgot in his locker" I quickly lie, but Evan seems to go along with it.

Evan nods. "Y-Yeah... I forgot my book and I had to go run and get it"

"You don't have a pass with you" The teacher says.

"We forgot to get one" I say.

"Oh really?" The teacher says, I nod.

"Are these other boys coming to get this book with you?" She says, I turn around and see that the populars are right behind us.

Shit.

"Oh Mrs. Murray, these two were bullying my friends and I in the cafeteria and they tried to run so they wouldn't get caught" One of them says.

"We did not, you were the ones that bullied us" I say, the populars deny it.

"No you did, look what you did to my friends nose" He says while pointing to his friends bloody nose, I sigh.

"Oh you poor thing go down to the nurse right away, I'll handle these two" The teacher says, the populars run down the hall to the nurses office. Anger shoots through me.

Why do they get away with everything?

"As for you two, I'm sending you down to the principals office"