Chapter 26

Evan's POV:

Today is the first day of musical rehearsal. Ms. Diction is looking at her attendance sheet and calling out names, we all seem to be here besides this one kid named Tony. Tony plays Peter Pan and is the only one you'd expect to be here, Tony is Ms. Diction's favorite student. Tony has always been involved with the school's drama and he's been the lead in everything, there's no denying that Tony is Ms. Diction's favorite.

"Tony? Tony Hobbers?" Ms. Diction calls out his name again but still no answer. She sighs and puts down the clip board then continues.

"Congratulations cast, you all have shown me at least an ounce of talent during auditions so you made it in" Ms. Diction says, I look around to see everyone is either on their tiny phones or iPods and to my surprise there's only like twenty of us in the cast.

"Now in this school not a lot of people have talent, only twenty two of you auditioned for this show and I accepted all but one of you. Now I may seem desperate but I'm not, all of you have shown some talent to me so therefore you were accepted" Ms. Diction says, one kid raises his hand.

"Yes George do you need anything?" Ms. Diction asks.

"Who was the kid that wasn't accepted?" George replies.

"Well we don't need to talk about that do we George?"

"Well... no not really but-" Ms. Diction cuts him off.

"Anyway I'll start passing out the music to you all and we can start looking at it together" She says while passing out the music.

"Wanna just bale Hansen? I mean this show is probably going to be crap anyway" Jared whispers to me, I shake my head.

"Jared if we leave my mom will find out and then be pissed" I whisper back, Jared just laughs.

"Fine but don't say I didn't warn you" He replies then looks down at his music, I do the same.

At least there's not a lot of ensamble parts.

"Ok kids let's just try and sing through this first song with the track how does that sound?" Ms. Diction says.

"Good" We all reply.

Ms. Diction smiles and hits the play button on the stereo, the music starts and we start to sing the first few measures. Well I should say try to sing, everyone sounds terrible. You can hear one person way more clearly than everyone else and even that one person sounds horrible.

Gosh I wonder what the leads sound like.

Ms. Diction pauses the track and everyone eventually stops singing, we look up at Ms. Diction and the expression on her face isn't the prettiest one.

"Ok well, we tried. Uhh you know what practice is ending early tonight, work on your parts tonight and come back tomorrow prepared. Good job everyone" Ms. Diction says, I can clearly tell she's just as worried as I am about this.

Well looks like Jared and I are riding this rollercoaster together and it seems like all this rollercoaster does is just fall straight down into the depths of the ground.