Chapter 28

A few weeks later....

Jared's POV:

I pass through the halls and see a big poster in the main entrance I read it.

'Jefferson Middle School Production of Peter Pan starts this Friday, shows are Friday and Saturday starting at 7:00 pm!
Children and Seniors: $3.00
Students: $5.00
Adults: $7.00'

Shit I completely forgot it was this weekend, I haven't even finished memorizing all my lines yet, let alone my songs. Why didn't Ms. Diction let me quit when I could, it would have been better for all of us.

I see Evan sitting in our usual spot and I run up to him.

"Evan I'm screwed" I say.

"You're screwed? What about me? I can't even walk onto stage without vomiting, at least you can get onto the stage" Evan says, I can tell he's starting to sweat just thinking about it.

"By stage you mean gym floor?" I ask, Evan gives me his 'don't fuck with me' eyes.

"It doesn't matter, all that matters if that there's people there I can't do it" Evan says.

"We could pretend to be sick" I say.

"Jared, you're one of the leads and you don't have an understudy and my mom surely wouldn't believe me, she works in a hospital" Evan says.

"It's worth a try" I say.

"No Jared it's never going to work, we have to do this show"

~~~

Everyone is waiting in the choir room getting ready for the show to start, we'd be backstage at this point but there is no backstage. All we have for a set is the gym floor and a projector screen behind us, what's worse is the projector is literally in the middle of the gym floor. The projector is supposed to project a picture of a forest but when it does, no one can see it from the bleachers, also known as our auditorium seats. Ms. Diction soon comes into the choir room, all smiley and happy.

"Ok kids let's show everyone what we've been working on for the past month and a half, you're gonna do great I just know it" Ms. Diction says, no one cheers or claps, they're all just as worried as I am about this.

Ms. Diction just smiles and walks out of the room, assuming we all know when to go out and when not to. I sure don't know when my que is and I'm sure most of us don't either. Soon we can hear the music starts playing and some of the leads rush out of the choir room and to the gym but no one else follows them.

Just wait, this will soon end in a big disaster.