Chapter 18

Evan's POV:

"I-I'm sorry" I say as mom wraps her arms around me.

"It's ok Evan I know you didn't mean it"

"I-I did nothing" I say and start crying, mom leans in and kisses me on my cheek.

"Evan look it's ok I'm not going to punish you"

"B-but I'm suspended"

"Evan I know you didn't do anything to hurt anyone"

"I didn't hurt anyone, I WAS THE ONE THAT WAS HURT" I say and start crying even more, mom comes closer to me and wipes my tears away with her finger.

"Hey you know what? How about we try to get our minds off this and go see a movie or something"

"I-I don't know..." I say.

Mom laughs. "What do you mean you don't know?"

"There's people at the movies"

Mom laughs even more. "Evan I'll be next to you the whole time, you can't let your anxiety stop you from going places"

"Y-yeah I can"

"Ok then we'll watch a movie here"

I nod. "Sounds good..."

Mom smiles. "Good now let me go get some popcorn and you can pick something out"

~~~

After the movie I run up to my room and check on my iPod, I open Instagram and see if anything happened while I was gone. I read through my notifications.

@zayn.smith: "Evan Hansen and Jared Klienman got suspended for 2 days for being bullied by the populars... wow they're such losers"

@that.cool.hoe: "I know right, I mean who gets suspended for that"

@silly.sam: "Populars get their way"

@heather.chandler: "And good thing they do, they get all the losers out of this school"

I shut off my iPod and silently cry to myself.

Why the heck does the target always have to be me? Why does it always have to be me? What have I ever done?

I look back over at my iPod and see notifications keep popping up, I decide to look at them again.

A YouTube notification? What's this?

I open up the notification and see a video of the fight the populars had with Jared and I.

1,000 views already? Holy shit.

I look through some of the comments and they're all basically calling Jared and I losers and that they're glad that we got suspended, I start to cry even more.

My life is over, how can I go back to school knowing everyone hates me?