Chapter 36

Connor's POV:

Mom and dad have been sending me to this all boys catholic school recently and at first I didn't like it but now I kinda do. I mean I hate the uniforms and everything still but there is this one guy... I mean I don't like him... or do I? No I don't I don't. I'm straight. Not bi not anything else, I don't want to be anything else. Anything other than straight is not allowed at our school so... I legally can't be bi or gay right? Anyway back to the uniforms, I hate them. Those fancy, shiny brown shoes, the ugly khakis and that ugly sweater-like vest thing that I don't really know what it even is. All I know is that I hate the uniforms.

I sigh and slam the car door shut and walk into the school, the school is probably hundreds of years old if you look at it. The old brick and wooden walls line the hallways and the classrooms, it even smells like my grandmas house at times. The lockers are the hardest things to open too, it's like you have to kick it a little bit or else it won't open. That's why I never use those stupid lockers anyway and just carry my backpack around all day, and mostly everyone else does that too. I suddenly jump back into the present and I almost run into him, yes him.

Miguel, he's in a few of my classes but not many. I side glance at him every once in a while and quickly turn back when I notice he's staring back at me. We both know there's no tolerance for stuff like this in our school and yet we still do it. It's strange the way things happen.

"I-uhh sorry" Miguel stumbles.

"No no don't be sorry it was my fault anyway" I say, I look down at the floor as I do to try and not make eye-contact.

"Well see you first hour" He says then walks off.

"Y-Yeah first hour" I stumble.

Right. First hour, I have first hour with you.

I decide to head straight to my class after that, I can't handle another situation like. When I open the door and look around no one else is in there, not even the teacher. I sigh.

Thank god.

I go to sit in my spot, first row straight in the back. I slide my notebook and pencil out of my backpack and place them on my desk. I rest my hand on my head and wait for class to start. My fingers rub against my hair.

Jesus my hair is getting long, it used to be so short but now it's up to my cheeks.

It's 5 minutes until the warning bell and the door opens. I expect it to be the teacher but of course I'm wrong. Miguel enters the room with a big smile on his face, he looks around and sees me. I wave and he does the same back, he walks over to me and comes and sits in the seat next to me.

Shit Connor please don't show your affection towards him.

"You're gonna have to move seats before class starts" I say.

"I know I just thought since we're the only two in here right now it would be nice to talk to someone" He says.

"I guess it would be" I reply.

I look at him, his dark brown hair is placed perfectly on his head, no strands of hair flying anywhere, it's perfect. His uniform seems to be neatly ironed, his shoes shoes shinned to perfection.

"So how's life?" He asks.

"Fine. You?" I reply.

God that was so weird.

He laughs. "Eh it could be better"

"Yeah I get that"

His smile is perfect too, I don't understand.

"So... uhh do you have any siblings?" I ask.

"Nah I'm an only child, I get the house to myself a lot"

"That must be nice"

"It is, at times. So I'm assuming you have siblings?"

I nod. "A little sister and two annoying parents, I'm never home alone it seems like"

Miguel laughs. "Yeah that must be hard but you get used to it"

"Sure do"

"So do you wanna like..." he pauses for a second.  "Exchange numbers ya know in case we wanna hang out or something?"

"Yeah that sounds great" I say.

"Great"

HECK YES