1. The silent kid

Tord's POV:

I woke up. First day of hell... Uhh... School... I carefully got up and yawned quietly, my throat hurting. I felt really tired. I left my room and went downstairs. I saw my parents, Paul and Patryck. They adopted me when my real parents dissapeared... But I was really glad they were gone.

Patryck noticed me and smiled. I waved at him. "Good morning Tord!" He said. I nodded. 'I wish I could say that as well...' I thought and sat at the table. Paul looked at me. "Morning! Are you happy to go to your new school?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes. "Come on, maybe it won't be that bad. I made pancakes!" Patryck said. I smiled at him as he placed a plate with pancakes in front of me. I mouthed 'Thank you' and started to eat.

They were delicious! Though I had to be really careful while eating them... I had lots of problem with my throat. Ever since I was a little kid, my real parents...abused me... They cut my throat and I almost bled to death... Then they just left me there to die... But Paul and Patryck saved me and adopted me. I was really happy to have them.

It was harder for me to breathe...and I could not speak... That's why I moved away from Norway. I thought I could start a completly new life and hope not to get any bullies. I was really nervous to go to school.

I finished breakfast and went upstairs to change. I took a black hoodie and black jeans. I used to like red, but it reminded me of blood... Of the blood that was coming out of my mouth and my throat... I shivered when I thought about the scene that happened.

I took my backpack and my phone. I went back downstairs. Patryck looked at me with a warm smile. I loved my parents a lot. "Are you ready to go to school?" He asked. I slowly nodded. He and Paul stood up and I followed them outside.

We walked to our car and got in. I could get there by bus, but I was way too scared of other kids. Paul and Patryck got in as well and Paul started the car. We drove off, heading towards my new school...

Tom's POV:

I got out of the bus and took a deep breath. First day of school, great... I seriously wasn't in the mood to go to school. Well, I never was before, but whatever. "Hello, Tom!" I heard a famliar voice behind me.

I turned around to see my two friends. Edd and Matt. We were in the same class. I smiled and waved at them. They came closer to me. "Hey, Tim!" Matt said. I sighed and rolled my 'eyes'. "It's Tom, Matt. And hello to you too." I answered.

Edd looked really excited. Who would be? It was the first day of school! But he was always really cheerful and happy. "Tom, I heard there's a new kid in school!" He said. "Huh? Really?" I asked him. He nodded, still smiling.

"Where is he, Edd? I didn't see him in the bus." I asked him. "Oh, I don't know. Maybe he'll come later." He answered. I nodded. We talked for a while when a car stopped. Two men got out of the car. One of them had bushy eyebrows and the other one had a really strange hairstyle.

And then a boy got out of the car. He had a black hoodie with black jeans. His eyes were silver colour and he had bandages wrapped around his neck, little bit of blood seeping through them. He looked a bit tired.

Edd gasped. I looked at him, confused. "What?" I asked him. "Maybe that's the new kid! I never saw him here before." He said. I looked at the boy again. The two men hugged him and they got in the car again. The kid waved at them as they drove off.

"Come on! Let's go greet him! And show him around the school!" Edd said. "Yeah! Let's go!" Matt agreed. I just nodded. We walked up to the boy. "Hello! You must be new here!" Edd said. He looked at us.

He nodded in responce. 'Something about that kid seems...off...' I thought to myself, but brushed it off. Edd grinned. "My name is Edd! This is Matt and this one here is Tom!" He said. The boy just smiled at us.

"And who are you?" Matt asked him. The boy's smile faded and he looked down. He still didn't say anything. Edd raised an eyebrow. "Are you okay?" He asked him. The boy took out his phone and kept typing something.

Me, Edd and Matt were really confused. Was he trying to ignore us? To make us go away? Why didn't he say anything? I was about to leave when he showed us the text.

'Hello. My name is Tord. Nice to meet you.' It said. I raised an eyebrow. Edd smiled again. "Well, why didn't you say anything?" He asked him. The boy looked down. He looked really upset about something. That kid was...weird... But something about him seemed really strange. Something was wrong with him.

He took out his phone and was about to type something when the school bell rang. "Oh, we should go to our class. In which class are you in?" Edd asked him. Tord started typing something, but I just decided to go to class. I didn't want to be late just because of him.

Though, I was curious. I was curious what was wrong with him. I sighed and walked in my classroom. I chose a seat and sat down. I waited for Edd and Matt.

After a while, they came, but that new kid Tord was with them. "Tom! There you are! Tord here is in the same class as we are!" Edd said, grinning. I looked at Tord and he just looked away.

"Okay then." I said. Edd and Matt sat next to each other and Tord sat next to me. We chatted a bit, except for Tord of course, he stayed silent the whole time, before the treacher came in.

"Hello, class. Welcome back to school. Today we've got a new student joining us. Tord? Can you please stand up and introduce yourself?" She looked at Tord. He nodded. He took a...notebook and a pen.

He wrote something on it and showed it to the whole class. 'Hello everyone. My name is Tord. I moved here from Norway with my parents.' It said. All the kids looked really confused. Tord looked down and wrote something else on the notebook.

'If you're asking why am I not talking, it's because...I'm mute.' It said. My 'eyes' widened at the last sentense. 'Mute...' I thought. I knew something was up with him. The teacher sighed. "And why did you move here from Norway?" She asked him.

Tord wrote something. 'I was hoping to maybe start a new life. I was getting bullied in my old school and I was getting sick of it. So me and my parents moved here.' It said. "Thank you, Tord. you can sit down."

Tord nodded and sat down. I shot a worried look at him. 'The silent kid...'