6. Exhausting day

(That picture on the top is mine... If you can even call that trash a picture...)

Tom's POV:

Eduardo, Mark and Jon left when the bell rang. But Tord ran off somewhere... Ever since the...fight...we haven't seen him. We were a bit worried, but we thought he just went in the classroom.

So we walked in our classroom, expecting to see him, but he wasn't there. I got really worried. "Where is he?" I asked the other two. Edd sighed. "I don't know... But I hope he's okay. I never expected him to actually fight with someone..." He said.

I nodded. He was right... I sat down and so did Edd and Matt. We talked a little when Tord came in the classroom. He kept looking down. He sat next to me. I noticed he was covering his neck with his hand and a tissue... Why?

I placed my hand on his shoulder. "Are you okay, Tord?" I asked him. He ignored me. I could tell something was wrong with him...

The teacher came in and the lesson started. I wasn't really paying attention to what was the teacher saying. I was too worried. Tord kept covering his neck with the tissue... And I also spotted...that the bandages around his neck weren't there anymore...

*time skip*

"Tord, where are you going? It's lunch time!" Edd said. Tord took his phone. 'I forgot my lunch at home. And I'm not hungry anyway.' He typed and started walking away. I stopped him though. "Hey, can you wait for me in front of the school, please?" I asked him.

He nodded and I smiled at him. I then took my lunch and talked with Edd and Matt. When I finished the food, I left. Tord was in front of the school, waiting for me. He kept his neck covered...for some odd reason...

I walked up to him. He looked at me. "Okay, let's go now." I said. He nodded and we started walking away. It was an awkward silence between the two of us until we reached my house. "Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow?" I said.

He actually smiled at me and nodded again. "Okay then. But before you go..." I paused and blushed a little. I took my phone. "Can you...give me your phone number?" I asked him. He looked suprised, but showed me a thumbs up.

He gave me his phone number and we waved at each other to say goodbye. I walked in my house and closed the door, blushing and smiling. I felt happy...

Tord's POV:

I reached my house, blushing. 'Why did he want my phone number..? Is that what friends do? Ask for their phone numbers..?' I thought to myself as I walked inside. I expected to see Paul or Patryck, but they weren't there.

I walked into the kitchen and saw a note. I took it. 'Hello, Tord. Me and Patryck have just gone shopping and we'll be back soon.   -Lots of love, Paul'

I smiled. Suddenly, my throat started to burn again. But it was worse this time. Ever since I took the bandages off at school, it started bleeding a little. And then it turned into a coughing fit. But I panicked when I heard the bell ring so I didn't even put the badages back on. I guess that was a mistake.

I ran into the bathroom, coughing. I tried gasping for air, but it was difficult. After a while, it stopped. I sat on the bathroom floor, breathing heavily and trying to calm myself down.

My head was spinning and I felt really dizzy. I tried to stand up so I could bandage my neck again, but fell back down instantly. I couldn't move. The cuts on my neck were bleeding. I heard a buzz from my pocket, telling me that somebody sent a message to me.

I just rolled my eyes tiredly and ignored it. I layed on the floor, slowly falling asleep. Why was this happening to me? I never did anything bad... My real parents were the bad ones... Then why? I heard another buzz, but I was way too tired.

I wasn't sure if it was okay to fall asleep...but...I was so tired... I couldn't stop it. I closed my eyes. 'A quick nap won't hurt...'

*time skip*

I woke up in my bed. Strange. I thought I fell asleep in the bathroom. Did Paul and Patryck come back and saw me there so they put me in bed? Wait... My eyes widened. I touched my neck carefully.

My neck was covered with bandages. 'They saw what happened to me, didn't they?' I wanted to stand up from my bed, but once I did, I couldn't see anything for a while. It looked weird... Some colourful dots covered my vision... It was hard to explain what I saw...

But there were too many colours... That made my head hurt like hell. So I quickly layed back down on my bed and closed my eyes. I shivered... I felt...cold for some reason. I heard a buzz. It was my phone. Someone was texting me again...

My phone was right net to my bed so I took it. It was from Tom! I blushed a little. He was actually texting me. I looked at the messages.

Tom: Hi, Tord.                                                                       2 hours ago

Tom: Tord, are you okay?                                                2 hours ago
Tom: Alright, I'll text you later...                                   1 hour ago
Tom: Tord?                                                                            1 minute ago

I was about to answer him, but someone knocked on the door. I looked up from my phone when the door opened. It was Patryck. "Ah! You're finally awake, Tord!" He said and ran up to me. He hugged me.

I smiled and hugged him back. "Are you feeling okay?" He asked and pulled away. I shook my head. He frowned. "What happened to you?" He asked. My smiled faded. 'I wanted to change my bandages, but I started coughing and I felt really tired. So I guess I fell asleep..' I typed on my phone and showed it to him.

"Oh... Does anything hurt?" 'My throat burns. My head is spinning and I feel cold.' I typed. "That's it, you're staying home tomorrow." He said. 'Dad, I don't think it's that bad. This is not the first time it happened.' I typed.

"I care about you, Tord! I don't want anything bad happening to you. You're staying home at least for a day." He said. (I wish I had parents like them...)

He sighed and petted my hair. "I'm going to get you some painkillers. I'll be right back." He said and left the room. I looked down. Then I heard another buzz from my phone. It was from Tom of course.

Patryck came back and gave me a glass of water and painkillers. I swallowed the pills and drank the water really carefully. "Get some rest, you need it." He said and left the room. I took my phone again.

Tom: Are you okay?                                                              2 minutes ago
Tord: Hello, Tom. Sorry for not answering.
Tom: It's okay. Was I interrupting or something?
Tord: No, it's fine. Something happened, but it's nothing to worry about.
Tom: Oh, really? Mind telling me what happened?
Tord: I don't want to talk about it. By the way, I'm not going to school tomorrow.
Tom: Huh, why?
Tord: It's just because of what happened.
Tom: ...Did something bad happen to you?
Tord: Something like that.

I was tired and exhausted. I closed my eyes for a few seconds, but I heard another buzz. I rolled my eyes.

Tom: Tord, tell me what happened!
Tord: I'm okay, Tom. It's nothing important.
Tom: Tord, please!
Tord: Maybe later. I feel really tired. I'm want to sleep now.
Tom: Tord!.. Urg, fine. As long as you're okay...
Tord: Thanks for caring, Tom. You're a good friend.
Tom: No problem. See ya later.
Tord: Bye.

I sighed quietly and closed my eyes. I burried my face in a pillow. It didn't take long and I fell asleep. 'This day was exhausting.'