39. The fox named 'Hope'

(The picture on the top is mine! I'm actually kinda proud of this one. It's not the whole picture, the finished one is in my artbook.)

Tord's POV:

I woke up somewhere I didn't recognise. It was dark so I couldn't see much. But I could feel someone was hugging me. Once my eyes adjusted to the dark, I found out it was Tom. But this didn't look like our house...

My eyes widened once I remembered what happened. I begun to cry instantly, but tried my best to be quiet since I didn't want to wake Tom up. And I was really good at being quiet. But somehow, Tom still woke up.

He looked at me worriedly. "Tord, are you alright..?" He asked. 'How can he just ask that after what happened!?' I thought to myself. I cried harder as I sat up. He pulled me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around him and cried on his shoulder.

I was confused. Where were we? I felt scared... But when Tom was here, I felt better... But I was still really creeped out. I looked around the room we were in. "Oh, if you're wondering where we are, after...what happened, Edd let us stay with him." Tom explained.

I sighed and looked down. He petted my hair and kissed my forehead. "Hey... It's going to be okay... I know how you feel and I'm here for you." He said. I relaxed a little, but tears were still escaping my eyes without stopping.

He wiped them away and smiled at me. I tried to smile at im too, but I just couldn't. "It's three am, we should go back to sleep... It's going to be okay." He kissed my cheek, still smiling. "I promise.

I sighed and nodded slowly. We layed back down and I closed my eyes. It felt like I lost everything...

I had a difficult past and Paul and Patryck helped me to get through it... Then when we moved away from Norway and I fould Edd, Matt and Tom...I felt much happier... And now, I lost my home and my parents..? 'What will I lose next? Matt? Edd!? TOM!?' I thought with tears.

I wiped them away and decided it would be better if I just went to sleep. It wasn't hard, I was out like a light, still thinking about my beloved parents...

I woke up. It was cold. I couldn't feel anyone's arms wrapped around me. I sat up on the sparkling snow...wait, snow? I looked around, now completly awake. It was all white. It was cold and it was snowing. Seriously, school just started and it was going to take a while before winter was suppose to arrive.

I stood up and shivered. "Where am I? And why is it so cold..?" I said. I froze... I...could speak? That was...weird... I pinched my skin, but didn't feel anything... Huh. A dream? I slapped myself, still feeling no pain. It was really strange.

I started walking around. The sky was all white... Everything I saw was white! My eyes begun to hurt. I saw trees. Their leaves were all frozen and white... I looked around, searching for something other than just the white colour.

I couldn't see anything though. I started walking around. "Uhh, hello, Is someone here?" I shouted. I never got an answer though. After for what felt like hours of walking around, the white colour blinding my eyes, I suddenly heard some noices behind me.

I stopped walking and turned around. I saw...footprints in the snow! But...it wasn't any person... It looked more like...paws... I heard those noices again behind me. I turned around and my eyes widened.

There was a fox. A polar fox. It was all white, just like everything that was here. But I could still see it. "Umm, h-hi..?" I said in a quiet voice. I felt a bit weird when I was talking to a fox while being lost in the middle of nowhere. But it was a dream after all, they were not made to make sence.

I tried to get closer to the fox, but it started running away. "W-wait for me!" I said and ran after it. It was fast though. After about ten minutes of running, I felt really tired and slowed down. I expected the fox to run away from me, but it stopped running and looked at me, like it was waiting for me...

I could barely see it. I felt so lost... But I didn't give up. I started running again and so did the fox. We ran for another five minutes until it stopped and looked at me. I stopped running and tried to catch my breath.

When I calmed down a little, I looked up and my jaw dropped. There was a big tree. I have never seen a tree like this... It's roots were bigger than some normal trees... And it's leaves were so big so when one would fall on you, it would cover your whole body...

"Wow..." I whispered. "Beautiful... Isn't it?" I heard a voice. I looked around and saw nobody. I looked at the fox. "This is The First Tree." It said. I wasn't really suprised when I heard the fox was talking. It was just a dream.

I looked back at the tree and my eyes widened at what I saw... Or...who I saw... Paul and Patryck! They were both sitting on one of the branches on the tree. I smiled at them and they waved at me.

"Can you see them? Your parents..." The fox asked. I nodded, still looking at the two. "Sadly, they have to go, Tord..." It said. It knew my name, great. Wait...what..? My smile faded and I raised an eyebrow at the fox.

"Is there...anything you want to tell them before they go?" It asked. I nodded and looked at them. "Paul...Patryck... I love you..." I said. They both closed their eyes. "We love you too." They said before...they started dissapearing... After a while, they were gone...

I looked down. I missed them already. It was quiet for a while as I closed my eyes. Suddenly, I heard birds singing. I opened my eyes again and looked up. The snow was gone. Grass was everywhere and flowers were growing all around me. The sky was light blue.

"Don't worry about your parents. They're in a better place now." The fox said. I looked at it. It wasn't...white anymore. It was just a regular fox...

"By the way, my name...is Hope." The fox said. "And I am here to tell you...to not lose hope... Or else I'll dissapear too... I am the voice in your head that is telling you positive things... That you're loved. That people care about you. And that it's going to be okay..."

I stayed silent and listened. It came closer to me. "Tom, Edd and Matt are going to help you too. And I'm sure your parents don't want you to be sad... So make them happy. Make yourself happy, Tord..." The fox said.

I was about to say something when my vision blurred and I fell down. Everything was quiet... And then...

I woke up...