20. Just...a dream...

Edd's POV:

I woke up with a bad feeling. Like something was not right. I opened my eyes and sat up. I looked around. Matt was sleeping next to me. I smiled at him softly and looked at where Tord was suppose to sleep...

Nobody was there... My smile faded and my eyes widened. I shook Matt gently. "M-Matt! Matt!" I said his name. He groaned and opened his eyes slowly. He looked at me tiredly. "Edd? What's wrong?" He asked and rubbed his eyes.

"M-Matt! Tord's gone!" I answered, panicking slightly. "Huh? What do you mean?" He asked, sitting up. I thought. Where would he go? I gasped. "Maybe... Maybe he went to Tom's place! Do you remember how upset he was yesterday?" I asked. Matt nodded.

I stood up. "I'll go tell his parents, then we're going there!" I said and left the room. Matt stood up as well. I ran into Tord's parents room and opened the door. They were both sleeping. "Tord's gone!" I shouted.

Patryck immediately sat up, his eyes wide as he looked at me. "W-what?" He asked. "Tord's gone!" I repeated myself. Paul sat up as well. Patryck stood up. "H-how did that happen?" He asked.

"I don't know! I just woke up and Tord was not there! I think he went to Tom's place!" I said. "Then we're going there!" Patryck said and stood up. I nodded and went back to Tord's room. Matt was already ready to go.

I took my stuff and we all went outside. Me and Matt were leading Paul and Patryck to Tom's place. It didn't take long and we reached it. I stopped and stared at what was going on there. Tom and Tord were there and Tom's father was there too... 'What's going on here..?'

Tom's POV:

I looked at my father with wide 'eyes'. He looked mad. Really mad... I started shaking in fear. My dad started walking towards me and I was ready for him to punch me. I covered my face and closed my 'eyes'.

But no punch came. I carefully opened my 'eyes' again and saw...Tord... He was standing in front of me, hiding me and glaring at my dad. He had his fists clenched and he looked mad. "What do you think you're doing!?" My father asked, glaring back at him.

Tord didn't say anything. Well, he couldn't say anything. I hugged him from behind. I felt a bit embarrassed about this, but I felt safer when I was close to him. My father groaned. "Answer me!" He yelled.

"W-what's going on?" I heard another voice. I looked around and saw...Edd, Matt and Tord's parents. Tord looked at them as well. "W-well, I...uhhh..." I didn't know what to say. I heard footsteps running towards me and Tord.

I looked back at Tord and saw my dad punch him in the face. Tord fell down and I did too. He looked up at my dad. I could see Tord wasn't scared...at all... He looked even more angry then before. He stood up and I did too.

Tord shot a death glare at him and pushed him, making my father fall down. 'I didn't know it could be this easy...' I thought. I stopped hiding behind Tord and looked at my father. He stood up and boy, he looked like he could set us on fire any second.

He reached in his pocket and...took out a gun... My 'eyes' widened as he pointed it at Tord. "Hey! Put that gun down!" I heard Paul. We all looked at him and Patryck...and they had guns as well... They were pointing it at my father.

My father...grinned... "Hah! Well, well, well! Isn't it Paul and Patryck? My old friends?" My dad said. "We were never your friends! And we never will!" Patryck said. Tord went up to them. Time felt like it was going in slow motion.... I couldn't understand...

Tord's POV:

I knew it... I knew him... From somewhere... Now I remembered... The army... I looked at my dads. As I expected, they gave me a gun too. I pointed it at Tom's father too.

My eyes were wide open and I kept glaring at him. He pointed the gun at me again. I pulled the trigger and shot the gun out of his hand. 'I don't miss this... But I need to do this... I'm sorry...' I thought.

Edd, Matt and Tom were staring at me in shock. I felt something rolling down my face... Tears... I was shaking... This made me remember... It hurt me. I wanted to forget about this... "A-are you crazy? Giving gun to a child?" Tom's father said.

I shook my head. He was the crazy one... More tears came. Patryck placed his hand on my shoulder and smiled at me. I heard a gun shot. It was Tom's dad and he was shooting at me. Luckily, I remembered the army...

I moved out of the way. "H-huh? How!?" He asked. "He was trained in the army. He needs to be fast... Faster then a bullet." Paul said. Tom covered his mouth. I felt even worse... It was true.. I was trained in the army...

But I never wanted to hurt anyone... Paul and Patryck knew that being mute will make people bully me... And since I was so weak and broken, they knew they needed to protect me somehow. So they trained me in the army so I could protect myself if something happened to me...

But I never used it... I never wanted to hurt anyone... Not even those bullies... I was way too scared... After a while, I completly forgot about the army...

I noticed Paul was about to shoot him... I grabbed his arm and shook my head. He put the gun down. I looked at Tom's dad again. He kept pointing the gun at me. I glared at him and started walking towards him...

He was sweating... He was...scared... That made me feel like I won. He pulled the trigger and fired, but he missed. I stopped walking. I looked at Tom and smiled at him. I motioned him to come here. Everything was deadly silent...

He was shaking, but listened to me. He started walking closer to me. When he was close enough, I wrapped my arm around him and pulled him closer. He relaxed and smiled at me. I looked at his dad again.

He looked confused. At that moment, I felt something... A feeling I've never felt before. I grinned and pointed the gun at him again... And I fired...

My eyes opened in shock... What just happened..? I was...in my house? Edd and Matt were sleeping and everything was silent... My eye twitched... 'It was just a dream!?' I thought. I sat up and looked at the clock.

Almost midnight... What a strange dream... I was even seeing the story from others points of views. I stood up and tip toed out of the room. I felt angry... Just a dream! It was like I was in some kind of book or something! Well, it was true that I was in the army... I was trained there, but nothing more. I had nothing to do with it.

I took my notebook and a pen and went outside. 'Let's do this for the second time.' I thought. This was not a dream. I hoped.

Soon, I reached Tom's house... And it was the same... The lights were off except for one of the windows. Tom's room. Suddenly, someone looked out of the window... And it was Tom.

He looked down at me in shock. I waved at him, smiling softly. 'Hey, Tom... Can you please come down here? I need to talk to you...' I wrote. "T-Tord, I told you... Not tonight. We'll talk tomorrow." He said.

Tears... I remembered the dream. I looked down. I felt tears forming in my eyes as I covered my face. "O-okay, don't cry! I'm coming down!" He said and closed the window. It worked again. I hoped that his father wouldn't show up.

The door clicked and Tom walked out of the house. I smiled and hugged him. He hugged me back. I looked in his house. No sign of his father.

I pulled away from the hug. 'Tom, I want to talk with you. About your father...' I wrote. His 'eyes' widened. "W-why would we talk about him?" He asked, stuttering.

'Tom, I can tell something's wrong with you...' I wrote. "N-no! I'm fine, everything is okay!" He said. I raised an eyebrow. He didn't want to tell me. I saw the hickeys again, just like in my dream. I felt like tearing up. I hugged him again.

He sighed. "Tord... I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay? I have to go." He said. I pulled away. 'No! Don't go!' I wrote. He sighed again. "Sorry, I have to. And school is tomorrow. So please. I promise we'll talk tomorrow." He said and went back to his house.

I was about to run inside to follow him, but he closed the door and locked it. I felt terrible. It was hard to breathe... This didn't happen in my dream... I looked down and started walking back home. I knew I was going to talk to him tomorrow...

And I was not going to give up until I help him with the problem... His father.