12. Salty tears

Edd's POV:

We ate our breakfast and went to the living room. "So Tord, what are we going to do now?" I asked Tord. 'I...don't really know.' He typed on his phone. "Well, maybe we can go outside for a while." Matt said.

"Well, why not." Tom said. I nodded. "Okay then, but come back for lunch!" Patryck said with a smile. Tord nodded. 'Heh, he has really nice parents.' I thought. We all got ready and went outside. It was nice.

"So, where should we go?" Tom asked. 'Maybe just around the town.' Tord typed. "I guess." I said. We started walking and like always, we talked about random things. Now we were talking about sleepwalking.

"I just stood up from my bed and my sister was really confused. 'What are you doing?' She asked me. And I just went up to her and slapped her in the face!" I said. Tom and Matt started laughing, Tord was grinning.

"Really, Edd? What was her reaction?" Tom asked. "She was like 'What the-ow!' And then I just went back to bed." I said, smiling. "Wow, Edd. Was your sister mad at you?" Matt asked. "No. She knew I was sleepwalking." I answered.

"Well, I don't know what really happened to me, but one day, I woke up in the kitchen on the table. I had a cookie in my hand!" Matt said. We started laughing. Tord looked a bit upset that he couldn't laugh with us though.

"And what about you, Tord?" I asked him. He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "Were you ever sleepwalking?" I asked him. He nodded. "Really? What did you do?" Tom asked. I thought it would be funny, but Tord looked terrified.

I shot a worried look at him. "Everything okay, Tord?" I asked him. 'Well, one day, I sleepwalked out of my room quietly. I went outside and since Paul forgot to lock our car again so I just went in. The keys were there and I just...almost drove off.' He typed.

"Wait, really?" Matt asked him. Tord nodded. "W-what happened next?" I asked. 'Well, I was lucky Paul and Patryck heard the car and ran outside. They woke me up before I could drive away.' He typed.

"Wow... That was really dangerous... Who knows what would have happened if your parents didn't hear the car..." Tom said. Tord looked down. "Was that the only time you sleepwalked?" I asked. He shook his head.

'No. I actually sleepwalked almost every night. But it stopped thankfully.' He typed. "Oh. And did something funny happen to you while you were sleepwalking?" I asked. He grinned and nodded. I smiled at him.

'I was sleepwalking and went to the kitchen. Paul was there and he said 'Good morning' and I just said 'You can keep the lamp' I don't know, why though.' He typed. "Wait, seriously?" Tom asked, chuckling. Tord nodded. (Are you guys weird like this? No? Oh, it's just me then...)

"Oh my, Tord! What are you dreaming about?" Tom asked him, holding in his laugh. Tord had that 'I dunno' face. "Well, did something else happen?" I asked him, smiling.

'Then I just opened the fridge and started eating brocolli.' Tord typed. I started laughing. "Wow, Tord. Wow." Tom said. "And then you woke up?" Matt asked. Tord nodded, grinning. "Guys, what's wrong with us?" Tom asked.

"I have no idea." I said, giggling. I then started saying puns, making us all laugh even more. Tord was just smiling and grinning since he couldn't really laugh, but he still looked happy. And that made me happy too.

I could see that it didn't matter if he couldn't talk. We still cared about him and he was our friend! When he came in our school, he was shy and scared. But he changed over the week. He looked so much happier!

I was glad we actually made him feel welcomed. I didn't care if he was not able to talk. He was still a great person. And I was glad for that.