11. Sweet, sweet melody

Tom's POV:

I woke up and slowly opened my 'eyes'. At first I couldn't really recognise the place I was in, but then I noticed Edd, Matt and Tord. Tord was laying right next to me, his eyes were closed and he was snoring quietly.

I blushed a little and smiled at him. I checked the time. It was 9:12! Welp, at least I enjoyed my sleep. Waking up early to go to school was terrible. "Morning, Tom." Edd said. I looked at him to see him rubbing his eyes, smiling.

I smiled at him as well. "Morning." I answered. We heard a groan coming from Matt. Wow, we actually woke up at the same time. "Oh, good morning, guys! Is Tord still asleep?" Matt said. Me and Edd smiled at each other. 'He remembered.'

"Morning to you too, Matt and yes, Tord is still sleeping. Oh, and congratulations for saying his name right!" Edd whispered, looking at Tord. "Well, I don't know about you, but I don't want to wake him up." I said quietly.

Edd and Matt smirked. I blushed and raised an eyebroqw. "What?" I aksed. "Oh, nothing." Matt said. "Nothing at all." Edd added. 'Seriously, what's wrong with these two?' I thought. I brushed it off.

"Hey, guys. Do you remember yesterday? When Tord said that he plays the violin?" Edd asked us. "Of course." I answered, smiling. "Do you think he'll play something?" Edd asked. I looked at him. "Maybe. I would like to hear him play. I never actually saw anybody play the violin. I just heard how it sounds like." I answered.

Someone tapped on my shoulder. I looked at who it was to see Tord smiling at me. He showed me his phone. 'I would love to show you, guys!' The text said. "Yes!" Edd said. Matt chuckled at his reaction.

"Heh, that would be nice of you, Tord." I said. He smiled the sweetest smile I have ever seen. My cheeks turned red. 'How is he so cute?' I asked myself. I shook my head. 'No! Don't think like that! He's probably not even gay!.. But he's just so cu-NO!'

Edd snapped me out of my thoughts. "Tom! Are you okay?" He asked me. I looked at him. "U-uhh, yeah. Just spaced out for a while." I answered, blushing madly. 'Are you sure? Your face is red...' Tord typed.

"I-I'm okay, don't worry." I said. "You're red as a tom-ato!" Edd said, smirking. I facepalmed, chuckling. "Why, Edd. Why?" I asked. Everything went silent. Matt started laughing. Edd joined him and in the end we were all laughing except for Tord. He was just smiling at us.

I kinda felt bad for him. Just thinking about it made me wanna cry. Just if I could laugh or say anything to anyone... Terrible... I frowned and stopped laughing. I looked at Tord. His smile faded and his expression turned from happy to worried.

'Are you okay, Tom?' He typed on his phone. "It's just...don't you feel just terrible when you can't laugh, when you can't say anything and when you're getting picked on even though it's not your fault?" I asked.

He frowned and looked down. He slowly nodded and took his phone. 'Yes... I do feel terrible... I would love to say so many things... Like...to Paul and Patryck! They're taking care of me, they're trying to help me and they love me! And I love them too...but I can't say it to them... Of course I can write it or something, but...it's just...not enough...' He typed.

I placed my hand on his shoulder. He pulled me into a tight hug and nuzzled his face in my chest. I blushed and wrapped my arms around him, pulling him closer. Edd and Matt giggled. "I see you're awake. Come down for breakfast!" Patryck said when he came in the room, smiling.

"Okay!" I said. He left the room again. Me and Tord pulled away from the hug and looked away, blushing. "Okay, let's get ready for breakfast." Edd said and stood up. We all nodded. 'This is going to be a great day!'

Tord's POV:

We all went downstairs to get breakfast. "Hey, Tord! Come over here for a minute!" I heard Paul call me. I smiled at my friends and walked up to my dad. "There you are! I found our violins! And I maybe know what we can play!" He said, smiling at me.

I smiled. "Maybe we can play 'Pachabelly'! That is your favourite, right?" He asked. I nodded. I felt really excited. "So, are we going to play it after breakfast?" He asked. I thought about it and nodded again.

He giggled. "Okay, I'll tell Patryck." He said and we walked into the kitchen. I sat next to Tom and we talked a little. But, as always, I was typing on my phone. That made me feel sad... I wanted to tell them something, but I knew I couldn't...

"So, Tord. Are you going to play something for us? Pretty please!" Edd asked, his eyes sparkling in happiness. I smiled at him. 'Of course! After breakfast, okay? I already prepared something!' I typed and showed it to him.

"Yay!" He shouted. Matt chuckled. I thought I saw a bit of red colour his cheeks, but I figured I was just seeing things.

After we all ate, I stood up. I looked up at my dads, smiling. "Should we start now?" Patryck asked with a smile. I nodded and Paul handed me the violin.

"Can't wait to hear you play something!" Edd said in excitment. "Me too." Tom agreed. "Okay! You can start now!" Matt said. I looked at my parents and nodded. They nodded too. I got ready and took a breath.

We all started playing. The sweet, sweet melody... I loved it ever since I was a child... We were playing 'Pachabelly'. It didn't have any lyrics, but it still sounded nice. This always helped me to calm down.

It felt like the whole world around me disappeared. It was just me and my parents.. And of course, my friends, listening to the soothing melody... I felt relaxed and happy...

When we reached the end of it, we stopped playing and I looked at my friends. They all stared at me with wide eyes. Edd then smiled and started clapping his hands. Soon, Matt and Tom joined him.

I smiled, blushing. I looked over at Paul and Patryck. They showed me a thumps up. After a few moments, the guys stopped clapping and they stood up. Edd went over to me and hugged me tightly.

I handed the violin to Paul and hugged him back. "That...was...awesome!" Tom said. I blushed. I pulled away from the hug and then hugged Tom. He chuckled and hugged me back. "Hey! What about me?" Matt asked. I rolled my eyes and hugged him too.

"It was awesome, Tord!" Edd said. "I agree, you've got talent." Tom said. Matt nodded. Paul and Patryck chuckled. 'I am so lucky I have found some great friends...'