17. I'm here now...and I'm okay...

Tom's POV:

I woke up and instatly felt pain. Horrible pain going through my whole body. I felt tears in my 'eyes'. I was in my room on my bed... And I was completly naked. That's when I remembered what happened yesterday.

I covered my mouth and cried quietly. I didn't want this... I didn't want my father to do this to me. Why? I heard a buzz. I looked at my phone and picked it up. I stared at the screen. I got a message from Tord...

Tord: Tom, are you there?                                                                  Yesterday 14:09
Tord: Tom?                                                                                                Yesterday 14:11
Tord: Tom, are you alright?                                                                Yesterday 14:15
Tord: Tom, please answer, I'm really getting worried...         Yesterday 14:23
Tord: Tom..?                                                                                              1 minute ago

I gulped. Tord... He really was worried, wasn't he? 'I should probably answer...' I thought. I sighed, shaking a little.

Tom: Hey Tord.
Tord: Tom! I was so worried! Are you okay?
Tom: Y-yes, of course I'm okay. Why shouldn't I be?
Tord: Y-you weren't answering... Did your phone die or something?

My phone battery was 63%... I didn't want Tord to be worried... But I also didn't want to lie to him...

Tom: U-uhh, yes.
Tord: ...Okay, if you say so... I'm just glad you're okay...
Tom: Yeah, I'm okay...
Tord: ...Is something wrong?
Tom: N-no! I am totally fine!

I waited for him to answer, but he just left me on read... Was that okay? I waited a few more minutes when suddenly...he started calling me? I raised an eyebrow. 'Why is he calling me? He...he can't speak...' I thought. I picked it up.

Tom: Uhh, hello?
Edd: T-Tom! It's me, Edd!
Tom: Huh? Why are you calling me through Tord's phone?
Edd: W-well, Tord was texting you and then he suddenly started crying. He collapsed on the floor...

My 'eyes' widened. I stayed silent and payed more attention to what I heard from the phone call. I heard someone crying... Even though it was kinda quiet... I heard coughing as well. Then I recognised Matt's voice. He was saying something like "He's coughing blood!"

Edd: Tom, I think we need you over here... Quickly...
Tom: Huh? What? Why?
Edd: Tord sometimes says something... And it's always your name. When we ask him what's happening, he keeps saying your name...

I felt a wave of guilt wash over me. Tord... Why was he always trying to say my name..? Every single time I heard him say something, it was my name... Why me?

Edd: T-Tom, I think you should hurry! He's panicking and not listening to us anymore. He keeps saying your name!
Tom: I-I'll try to get there!

With that, I ended the call and put my clothes on. I knew my father wasn't home. I knew he was always buying smirnoff at the beggining of a day. I ran out of my house, not caring if my hair looked like a mess.

But since what happened to me yesterday, it was kinda hard to even walk slowly. So even harder to run. But I didn't care and focused on one thing... Run to Tord's house and calm him down... I knew I did something wrong that made him like this... I just didn't know, what it was...yet.

It didn't take long and I reached his house. I opened the door and ran inside. I heard voices coming from the kitchen... And then I saw Edd running out of the room. "T-Tom!" He called my name. He was panicking.

I ran towards him. "T-Tom, glad you're here! Tord can't even listen anymore! I don't even think he can see us! He keeps crying and calling your name and his throat is bleeding!" He yelled with wide eyes.

I ran into the kitchen immediately. Tord was on the floor. Matt, Paul and Patryck were surrounding him. They were all trying to calm him down, but it looked like it wasn't working at all...

And Edd was right... Tord really was calling my name... Though it sounded weird, I could tell. "T-TUUM! TAAAMN!" He kept yelling. I ran up to him and kneeled beside him. "Tom! You're here!" Matt said. He looked really scared...

I nodded and carefully hugged Tord. I rubbed his back. "T-Tord, shhh... I'm here. It's okay... Please, calm down, I'm here now..." I said in a soft and calming voice. I wanted to help, not to make him even more freaked out.

He stopped crying so hard, but still was panicking. He looked at me with wide eyes. Tears were still falling down his face without stopping. He was sweating and breathing heavily. "T-T-Taaam!" He tried saying my name. I covered his mouth.

"Don't say anything. I'm here now..."

Tord's POV:

Everything hurt... I couldn't hear very well and my vision was all blurry... Though I could still recognise Tom's voice... I knew he was there... He was there for me... But for some reason, the pain didn't go away... I still felt terrible... But why?

I wrapped my arms around him and tried to calm down. I didn't want him to leave me again... But I was glad to see him... He was okay... I hoped...

After a while, I calmed down. It was still hard to breathe though. And the pain also didn't go away. My legs were shaking without stopping. I tried to calm myself, it didn't work though.

"Tord, mind telling me what happened to you..?" Tom asked. I looked down. I didn't know, that was the problem... Edd handed me my phone so I could type it. 'I don't know what happened, Tom. I just suddenly felt pain... Just like yesterday, but it was worse today...' I typed.

Tom gasped. "T-this happened to you yesterday as well?" He asked. I slowly nodded. We stared at each other for a few seconds. He looked down. "Why do I have that feeling that I did something wrong to make you like this..?" He asked in a really quiet voice.

That hit me... But why was he feeling guilty? He didn't do anything wrong! That made me feel guilty too. I couldn't stand my friends being unhappy or sad... I wanted everyone I loved to be safe and happy!

I pulled him closer to me. I wanted him to smile at me... "T-Tord, I am so sorry if I did something wrong!" He said. That hurt... He didn't do anything wrong! It was not his fault... I looked at my parents, Edd and Matt and motioned them to leave the room for a while. They understood and stood up. They left the room, leaving me and Tom alone there.

I heard sobs... They were coming from Tom. He hugged me tighter. "I'm...sorry..." He said. What was he apologizing for? I patted his back. I couldn't stand seeing him this upset... He apologized again. And again and again...

I pulled away from the hug. I saw tears on his face. His cheeks were red. I took my phone. 'Tom... You didn't do anything wrong... It's not your fault... Please, don't feel guilty about it, because that makes me feel bad too...' I typed.

"Y-you don't have a reason to feel bad!" He said. 'You don't either...' I typed. He stayed silent. I felt bad again... 'Tom... Smile for me...' I typed. He looked away. He closed his 'eyes'. I placed my hand on his shoulder.

He opened one of his 'eyes' and looked at me. I smiled softly at him. He sighed softly and smiled as well. My smile soon faded however... I still didn't understand... I felt pain... My legs felt numb. "Are you okay, Tord..?" He asked.

'I just...feel pain... My legs keep shaking and they feel numb... Like I can't use them anymore.' I typed. He froze and stared at me with wide 'eyes'. That made me feel a little freaked out... 'Does he know something about this?' I thought.

He shook his head. "I-Im sorry. I just spaced out..." He said. I didn't believe him... My stomach hurt again and my head started spinning. My face went pale and I could barely breathe.

"T-Tord?" He called my name. I couldn't answer him. He hugged me again and petted my hair. "I'm here now...and I'm okay........" He said. I hugged him back. He was telling me he was fine...but for some reason...

I knew he lied...