4. How I feel

Tord's POV:

We reached the school. I took my phone and typed 'I'll go to the bathroom, be right back.' Edd nodded and I walked to the bathroom. I splashed water in my face and looked in a mirror. I looked really tired. And I was.

I sighed quietly. I carefully touched my black eye and flinched. It still hurt. 'Eduardo, Mark and Jon...' The bathroom door opened and someone walked in. I wasn't really paying attention until that person pushed me to the ground.

I rubbed my head and looked up at him. It was...Jon? But he didn't look mad... He actually looked really sad. I raised and eyebrow and slowly stood up. I looked him in the eyes. "L-look... I'm sorry... But I have to do this..." He said.

He punched me in the face and then pushed me to the ground again. He then grabbed me and pinned me to the wall. I was terrified. Why was he doing this? He looked like he really didn't want to...

He punched me in the face a few times, but each punch was slower and it hurt less. He stopped and let go of me. I fell on the floor once again. "I'm sorry." He said and ran away. I just sat there, staring into nothing. 'What just happened?' I asked myself.

My face hurt. I closed my black eye and covered it with my hand. I then heard the bell ring. I left the bathroom and went to my classroom.

Edd, Matt and Tom were aready there. Matt waved at me when he saw me. "There you are, Todd!" He said. "Matt, it's Tor-" "Todd!" Matt cut Edd off. I smiled at him and sat next to Tom, still covering my eye.

The eye started to burn. Tears were forming in my eyes from the pain. I mumbled something really quietly, but I forgot that I couldn't talk again. My throat felt like it was gonna bleed out again.

I winced. Tom looked at me with a worried look. "Are you okay, Tord?" He asked. I looked at him and put on a smile. I nodded when I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away. I nodded.

"You don't look okay. You look like you're in pain, Tord." Edd said. I felt a wave of guilt. I never wanted to make anyone worried! Especially not my...friends... I took my phone. 'I'm okay, don't worry. Only my eye hurts a little.' I typed and showed to it.

Edd still looked worried though. "If you say so, Tord, but still... It looks like something else is bothering you." He said. I shook my head, smiling. Tom was about to say something when the teacher came in. 'Great. Hell is starting...'

*time skip*

Finally. Only one period left. I wanted weekend already! Though, it was art class. So it wasn't that bad. We could draw what we wanted. I smiled at that.

I took a pencil and started drawing. I didn't know, what I was drawing though. I just drew what I thought about. It was not the first time this happened and when I did draw like this, I was drawing what I felt.

If I felt happy, I usually drew really colourful pictures. But if I felt hurt, sad or useless, I often drew pictures to express how I felt. Sometimes knowing that someone understood what I felt made me feel slightly better so I was showing my pictures to my parents.

And today I felt...really strange... Confused... Lost... Sad... And then I remembered my dream... I started drawing myself in a void. Edd, Matt and Tom were turning their backs at me and I made it look like they were walking away from me.

I was just sitting there and drew blood coming out of my mouth. I then wrote words I heard before I woke up. 'Wake up... Wake up, you're in danger... You forgot something really important... Wake up. You need to wake up and fix it. You need to help.. Wake up...'

I was spacing out. For some reason, I felt...guilty... Like I was a bad person... 'I forgot something really important? I need to fix something? What did I do?' I thought, but I only heard the words from the dream echoying in the darkness...

Matt's POV:

I was drawing myself and Edd of course. Edd was my very best friend! Ever since we met each other. I wanted to draw how I felt. So I drew him as an angel. He had beautiful, fluffy white wings. I drew myself as an angel as well.

I then looked at everyone else's drawings. Edd was drawing a cat! 'Cute.' I thought and smiled. I looked at Tim. He was drawing a very nice guitar! It looked really nice. Then I looked at Todd's picture... I didn't get it.

I couldn't really tell what it was... But I could recognise us. We were all there. Edd, Tim, Todd and me of course! But...I still didn't get it. I tapped on Edd's shoulder to gain his attention. I then pointed to Todd's picture. Edd looked suprised.

"Hey, Tord. What are you drawing?" Edd wrispered to Todd. Though, he called him Tord..? I guess he just couldn't remember his name correctly.

Todd didn't even react. It was like he wasn't listening. Tim noticed us though. He tapped Todd's shoulder, but he still didn't react. I noticed he was drawing wings for him as well! But...they weren't angel wings... They looked more like...demon wings.

"Tord? Are you okay?" Tim asked Todd and tapped his shoulder again. That's when Todd finally heard us and looked at us with a confused look. Edd pointed to the picture. "What are you drawing?" Edd asked him.

Todd froze for a second. He didn't say anything. "Todd? Say something!" I said. "Matt, he's mute." Edd said. "Oh."

The bell rang. It was time to go home. We all packed our stuff and went to lunch. We all kept asking Todd what was the picture he drew, but he never said anything or wrote anything. And I also noticed he was eating very...very...slowly.

"Todd, why are you eating so slowly? It looks like you're afraid that it's poisoned or something." I said. He looked at me and sighed quietly. He took his phone and started typing something. 'It's all because I am mute, Matt. My throat burns every single time I eat something so I have to be careful.' It said.

"Oh! That reminds me, I wanted to ask you something." Tim said, looking at Todd. Todd looked at him. "Well, why are you mute..?" Tim asked. Todd froze. After like a minute of being completly silent, he took his phone again. 'I...don't think I'm ready to tell anyone... But maybe I'll tell you when we get to know each other a little better.' It said.

"Oh! I understand, sorry for asking." Tim said. Todd smiled and showed him a thumbs up. Though, I could see that he wasn't happy... Or was it just my imagination? It just seemed like he was sad and worried about something... But I figured I was just seeing things...

...right?