36. Can we help him?

Tord's POV:

After we said goodbye to Edd and Matt, we both went to our home. I kept looking at my feet. Tom was looking happy and that made me feel a bit better, but I kept thinking about my voice... I couldn't even imagine how awesome would it be if I could talk.

When we finally reached our house, we went inside. Paul and Patryck immediately ran up to me and hugged me. "Tord! You're okay!" Patryck said. "We heard about what happened. How are you feeling?" Paul asked. I smiled softly and showed him a thumbs up.

He smiled too. I was really glad I saw them, but I also kinda wanted to be left alone for a while... It was not like I didn't like talking to them, it was just that....well, everyone sometimes needed privacy, right?

I sighed and started walking towards my room. "Where are you going, Tord?" Tom asked. I just pointed to my room. "Oh." Tom smiled at me. "Okay then. We'll stay here if you need anything, okay?" He said. I nodded and went into my room.

I sat on my bed and sighed. I wanted to cry. I covered my face in my hands and cried really...really quietly... I knew I should have been already used to I couldn't talk, but as I was thinking about it, I could've had a normal life...

If my parents weren't tortuing me... If they didn't hurt me... If my mother didn't cut my throat with her scary scissors, I would have been okay... I could talk... I would be happier... I wiped my tears away with my hoodie sleeve and stared at my hands...

I knew there weren't any sharp items in my room... But I felt like I needed to do something to erase the pain I was feeling. It hurt too much... And I wanted it to stop... I looked at my nails... My sharp nails...

I stared at them for a few long minutes and smiled sadly. 'This will do for now...' I thought to myself. I dugged my nails into my skin and flinched in pain. I didn't stop though... I dug them deeper and deeper...

After a while, I stopped it... I saw marks on my arm. They were bleeding a little. I smiled at it with tears. I decided to do it again. I wanted to write something!... With my nails... And it would be pretty visible! I didn't even need to use a knife! (That's what I am doing... I still am dugging my nails into my skin just because it feels good...)

Tears were falling down as I kept trying to write something with my nails... And it didn't take that long and I was done. 'I love you, Tom' It said. I smiled. Now Tom would know that I really loved him...but for some reason, I still felt like it wasn't enough...

I felt like I did it for nothing... It was useless doing it... The only way I could finally be satisfied with it would be if I really said it in my voice... My real voice... Not a raspy, quiet and weak voice... Just...in the voice everyone else was talking...

After a while of staring at my now bleeding arm, I felt even worse than before... 'If Tom finds out what I did... H-he would be so mad!' I thought to myself, panicking slightly. And then I realized something...

If I could talk like other people and never got hurt and tortured by my real parents in the first place.......I would never meet Matt, Edd...or Tom... I would stay in my old school... Yes, it was true that I wouldn't get bullied for not talking...

But I would never find my best friends and my boyfriend....

I stood up from the bed, still staring at my arm with tears. 'What have I done!?' I opened the door and was about to run out to get help or something, but Tom was already there, looking like he was about to knock on the door.

"Oh, hello, Tord! Is everything oka-" He cut himself off as he noticed my arm. I looked down and cried. "T-Tord... What did you do..?" He asked. I sobbed quietly and hugged him tightly. He hugged me back.

When we seperated from the hug, he grabbed my bleeding arm. I yelped and shut my eyes from the pain. "S-sorry..." He apologized. I sighed quietly and just let him do whatever he wanted. I expected him to yell at me for doing something so stupid, but instead he just hugged me again.

"Tord... I know that you love me... But why would you do this?" He asked. 'I'm sorry, Tom...' I thought as I carefully hugged him back. I cried harder as he tried to calm me down.

"Shh... It's okay... We'll take care of it, okay?" He said. I just nodded slowly, shaking. He carefully picked me up and carried me to the bathroom.

He washed the blood off which burned like fire. But I tried not to make any troubles so I stayed still, crying quietly. After the blood stopped, he took some bandages from the first aid kit and bandaged it.

After he was done, he hugged me again. I kept looking down, trying to stop crying. "Tord... Why would you do this..?"

Edd's POV:

Matt decided to come over to a sleepover. I, of course, agreed. So here we were now, sitting in my room while drawing something. I always loved to draw! And I saw that Matt was enjoying it too.

"Hey, Edd?" I looked at him, smiling. "Yes?" I asked. "Do you think Tord will ever have a completly normal life?" He asked. I raised an eyebrow. "Huh? What do you mean?" I asked him. He sighed and showed me the picture he drew...

I could tell it was Tord and Tom... But Tord didn't have any bandages on his neck and I didn't see any cuts... His both eyes were fine, even though his left eye was red. He looked...happy. And he looked like he was talking normally... He was talking with Tom.

"M-Matt..." He looked down. "I feel really bad for Tord... He never deserved being mute... Or being hurt by his real parents." He said. I went up to him and hugged him. "Hey, it's okay... What happened, happened. We can't change the past, Matt. But at least we can help him get better, right?" I asked and smiled at him.

He returned it and and nodded. "But still. His left eye was black...right? The doctors fixed it... So, is there any way to help Tord with his voice..?" He asked. I opened my mouth, about to say something, but nothing came out... He was right...

...Could they actually help Tord? No, Tord probably already tried to ask if they could help him somehow... But still. I wondered if there was any other way to help him with his voice...