37. I am broken...but can't be fixed...

Tom's POV:

Tord and I were in the living room, watching tv. I had my arm wrapped around him. He looked happy. I was glad to see him smiling. Suddenly, I heard my phone buzz. I took it. It was a message from Edd! I opened it.

Edd: Hello, Tom!
Tom: Hey, Edd. What's up?
Edd: Nothing much, just wanted to ask if you and Tord would like to go to the park with me and Matt.
Tom: Okay, I'll go! Hang on, I'll ask Tord.
Edd: Okay.

I looked at Tord. "Hey, Tord. Would you like to go to the park with Edd, Matt and me?" He grinned and nodded. I chuckled and stood up.

Tom: Okay, Tord wants to go too.
Edd: Great! Let's meet up in front of your house in...five minutes?
Tom: Okay then, see you later, Edd.
Edd: See ya.

Tord stood up and turned off the tv. "So, do you have everything?" I asked him. He took his phone and nodded, still smiling like a child. I giggled and hugged him. He hugged me back, but I could feel him being a little...uncomfortable?

I figured out it was his arm. 'It hurts him, doesn't it?' I asked myself. I petted his soft hair, trying to make him feel better. His smile faded and he looked down. I placed my hand on his cheek and he looked up at me again.

I smiled at him and he sighed quietly. He smiled back and I kissed his cheek. "It's going to be okay, I promise." I said. He nodded. "Okay, so are we ready to go now?" I asked. He showed me a thumbs up.

We both got our stuff and left the house. Edd and Matt were just walking towards us. They waved at us as they noticed us. They were holding hands which made me grin. "Hello!" Edd shouted, smiling.

"Hi." I answered. Tord waved at them, but quickly realized that was his injured arm so he stopped. I shot a worried glance at him and turned back to Edd and Matt. They looked at Tord, confused. "What's wrong, Todd?" Matt asked.

We all went silent until a loud facepalm was heard. I looked at Tord. He looked dead inside. A red mark was appearing on his forehead now. I tried to hold in my laughter and gave up after a while.

"Matt! I thought you learned his name!" I said when I calmed down. "What? Isn't his name Todd?... Oh... Sorry, Tord." Matt apologized. Tord sighed quietly and smiled. Matt smiled too. "But really, what happened to you, Tord?" Edd asked.

Tord's smile faded as he looked at me. "They would still find out, Tord..." I said. He looked down and nodded slowly. He rolled up his sleeve carefully and heard Edd and Matt gasp at what they saw. Bloody bandages were wrapped around his arm.

"W-what happened, Tord?" Edd asked, carefully hugging him. "It's...a long story, Edd. " I said. "If you don't want to talk about it, we understand." Edd said. Matt nodded in agreement. Tord smiled softly at them as a thank you.

"Anyway, should we go now?" Edd said. We all nodded and started walking towards the park. I could see Edd looking at Tord almost all the time... Why though? It looked like something was bothering him.

After ten minutes, I finally decided to ask. "Edd, is something wrong? You've been looking at Tord worriedly for the whole time." I said. If he didn't like Matt, I would actually be worried if he had a crush on Tord.

He didn't respond. Now Tord noticed he was kinda just staring at him for at him for a while. He raised an eyebrow. "Edd? You alright there?" Matt asked in a worried tone. "H-huh?" Edd snapped out of it.

"Are you okay Edd? You've been staring at Tord for like ten minutes." I asked him again. "O-oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to stare. I just...want to ask you something, Tord." He answered, looking down at his feet.

Tord placed a hand on his shoulder. Edd looked at him and sighed. "I just... When Matt came over to my house, he was wondering...if there's actually a way to get you to...talk normally again." Edd said.

Tord froze for a moment. "Yeah, Tord... Will you ever be able to talk normally again?" Matt joined. We all looked at him as he took his phone and started typing...

'I just... I won't... I will never be able to talk normally again. My throat was way too damaged... The doctors were actually suprised that I survived going through all that suffering my parents were giving me... So I can be only glad that I'm alive...because if Paul and Patryck never found me...I would be dead by now...' He typed and showed it to us.

"S-so, you won't EVER talk normally again..?" Edd asked. 'No, I won't... Paul and Patryck were doing their best to help me, but nobody will ever help me with this... I am broken, but I can't be fixed...' He typed.

Tord's POV:

I looked down and waited for the guys to respond. We stood there for a few minutes while being completly silent. I had an urge to cry. It made me feel even worse... I knew I was never going to have a normal life...

I felt someone wrap their arms around me. It was Tom. "...Tord, I am so sorry... I know it can be really hard for you... But we don't mind you being mute... You're still our friend and we love you. And we're here for you whenever you need us." He said.

Tears were forming in my eyes as I carefully took off my eyepatch. It wasn't burning anymore. I smiled softly and hugged Tom back. Edd and Matt soon joined the hug. I felt a bit better than before... But I knew I was always going to feel pain from not saying anything...

And from being the quiet freak I was...

Hey, guys, sorry for the shorter chapter, but I 'accidentaly' cut my finger while playing with my knife... Because that's what normal people do...right?  And it hurts to write. (Why am I doing this to myself?) Anyway, I am very sorry, but this book is quickly coming to an end. And if I should be honest with you, I am not so proud of this book... Never was. But whatever. See ya, guys later.