2. Quiet screams

Tord's POV:

Finally it was over. Now we were going to lunch. I wasn't really hungry though. Everyone was looking at me as I was slightly panicking. I sat as far as I could from them. I could hear them wrispering something.

I looked down. 'Where is Edd, Matt and Tom?' I asked myself. I shook my head and started to eat, my throat hurting. I felt lonely. "Look at his hair!" One of the girls said with a smirk. Some of them started laughing. I was used to this. Lots of people made fun of my hair.

"Hello, Tord!" I heard a familiar voice. I looked up and saw Edd and Matt, both smiling at me. I smiled softly and waved at them. "Mind if we join you?" Matt asked. I showed him a thumbs up to tell him that I'm fine with it.

They sat down and started to eat as well. I felt like something was missing. I took out my phone and typed 'Where is Tom?' They looked at the screen and then at me. Edd was about to say something when Tom came.

"Hey, guys." He said. "Hello, Tim! Want to join us?" Matt asked him. "Urg. It's Tom, Matt." Tom corrected him. "Hey! It's Matt!" He said. I smiled. The all seemed like such good friends. And they actually didn't mind staying here with me. I was not used to this...

My smiled faded and I continued to eat. They were talking with each other about omething, but I was not listening to them. I heard something different... "What a freak." "Look at him! He won't even say a word!" "He looks like a corpse."

I looked down, trying to stop the tears forming in my eyes. I let out a very...quiet...sob... I thought nobody would notice, but eventually, Edd did. He looked at me. "Tord? Are you alright?" He asked. I looked at him, wiping away tears.

I nodded slowly and tried to smile. He wasn't buying it though. "Tord, what's wrong? You are our friend and you can tell us anything! Or...write us anything." He said. My eyes widened. 'Friends..?' I thought to myself.

I took my phone again. 'I'm okay, Edd... Just remembered something, nothing to worry about.' I typed. "Are you sure?" He asked. I nodded. He sighed. "If you say so." He said. I finished my food and stood up. 'I should probably head home.' I wrote. "Okay then, see you tomorrow, Tord!" Edd said.

I nodded and waved at them. I took my stuff and left. I decided to walk home. It was not that far away and I wasn't really in the mood of talking with anyone. I wanted to be left alone for a while. I started walking back home.

"Well, well, well. Who do we have here?" I heard a voice behind me. I turned around. I saw three boys standing there.

One of them kinda looked like Edd... The other one had a weird butt chin and the last one looked really quiet and shy. I thought I saw them earlier at school, but I was not really sure.

"Hey, loser." The green one said. I waved at him, confused a little and smiled. He glared at me. "You won't even say hello?" He asked. My smile faded and I took my pgone again. 'I'm mute.' I typed and showed it to them.

He glared at me again and pushed me to the ground. I looked up at him, scared about what was going to happen. "I don't care, you idiot! Say something!" He yelled and kicked me in my stomach. I held it in pain, groaning quietly.

My throat burned. The one with butt chin smirked at me and punched me in the face as I tried to stand up, making me fall back on the ground. Though, the last one just didn't say anything, but kept looking away.

"Jon, come on!" The green one said as he punched me in the face as well. My left eye hurt. My nose was bleeding and I felt dizzy. The quiet one, whose name was Jon, didn't answer and just looked at me.

I wanted to call for him. I thought that maybe he could help me. That he could stop them...but I couldn't. All that could be heard were my quiet sobs and yelps in pain. My throat really hurt and burned. I felt like throwing up. I didn't even try to fight with them.

They kept kicking me and punching me without stopping. "Eduardo, Mark, s-stop, that's enough..." Jon finally said something. His voice was quiet.  I looked at him, my eyes closing. "Jon, come join us and punch this mute freak in the face." The green one said. I wasn't sure if he was Eduardo or Mark.

Jon shook his head. They both groaned and looked down at me. The green one grabbed me by my hoodie collar and glared at me. He then threw me on the ground and they all left. I tried moving, but couldn't.

Everything hurt. But...it felt so familiar... Just like in Norway... I tried moving again, but regretted it. Sharp pain went through my body as I screamed quietly, tears falling down my eyes.

My throat burned so much... It felt like someone set it on fire. I tried to breathe, but it only made things worse... I threw up. Blood mixed with vomit came out of my mouth as I started passing out...pain going through my body...

Edd's POV:

"Well, I guess we'll see you tomorrow, Tom!" I said while waving at Tom. He waved back and got in a bus. Me and Matt didn't need to get home by bus since we lived really near. And we were neighbours!

"So, should we go home?" Matt asked. I nodded. We talked a little about Tord. He really looked like a nice kid, but he looked shy and scared. And a little confused. I wanted to make him feel better and welcomed in our school.

I sighed. "I really wish Tord could talk... It must be terrible when you can't say anything..." I said. Matt nodded. "Yes, I think it can be really-" He didn't finish his sentence and stopped walking. I looked at him, confused.

"What's wrong, Matt?" I asked him. He pointed to something. I looked where was he pointing to and froze. Someone was laying there on the ground, blood was around him. I ran up to him and I was shocked when I saw who it was...

Tord... He had a black eye, lots of bruises and blood mixed with vomit was coming out of his mouth. I gasped. "M-Matt! We need to get help!" I said, panicking slightly and tried to wake Tord up. He didn't move, but his phone buzzed.

I took it. He had a new message. It was from 'Dad' it said. Maybe he could help! I opened it.

Dad: Tord, where are you?
Edd: Umm, I am not Tord. We are his friends and we need your help. We found Tord laying on the ground, bleeding and he needs help, fast!
Dad: A-alright, try to keep him safe or make him wake up. Where are you?

I told him everything he needed while Matt tried to wake Tord up. The conversation ended and I tried to wake him up as well. 'What happened here..?'