21. We don't talk anymore...

Tom's POV:

I woke up and groaned. I knew it was time for school, I really didn't want to go there... I sighed and got out of bed. I felt really tired after all that happened. Tord knew what was going on... I decided to skip breakfast, I wasn't hungry anyway.

I got ready and left the house. My father was out buying more alcohol. I looked towards Tord's house to see him, Edd and Matt just leaving. I've had this weird feeling in my stomach. He said he wanted to talk about something important... My father...

He noticed me and waved at me. I waved as well. They all ran up to me. "Good morning, Tom!" Edd said. "Morning, Edd. Morning Matt. And morning, Tord." I said. Matt grinned. We all started walking to school.

I tried to avoid eye contact with Tord, but I could feel him stare on me. "Are you okay, Tom? You're kinda quiet." Edd said. "I'm fine..." I answered. We reached our school... Eduardo, Jon and Mark...

I glared at them. Eduardo glared back at me. I expected them to attack us or at least insult us, but they just walked past us... That suprised me, but I was also glad. I wasn't in the mood to deal with them. Tord tapped me on my shoulder. I looked at him.

'Tom, can I talk to you in private?' He typed on his phone. "Uhh, of course..." I said. Edd and Matt looked at us. "What?" Matt asked. "I'll just talk to Tord in private, okay.?" I said. They nodded and walked into our classroom, leaving me and Tord alone there.

"S-so, uhh... What do you want to talk about..?" I asked. 'You know what I want to talk about, Tom.' He typed. I started sweating. "If it's about my father, it's okay! I'm fine and he doesn't do anything to me!" I said, smiling nervously. Lies...

He glared at me. 'Tom! I'm serious! Please tell me if something's wrong! I want to help!' He typed. Help...? I sighed. "Tord, like I said. I'm fine and my father's okay. So don't worry about me." I said. Stop lying...

'Tom! Please! I am your friend and I care about you! I would never do anything to hurt you!' He typed. ...Tord... "But I'm not worried about that! I'm repeating myself. I'm okay and my father's cool." I said. You are just a filthy liar...

I could see tears in his eyes... You made him cry... "T-Tord, I-I..." I stuttered. 'Tom... Why won't you tell me? Remember that I am here for you when you need me...' He typed. I need you... "Urg, I'm. Okay!" I said, raising my voice. I'm sorry, Tord...

Tears were falling down his face... Oh god... He covered his face... What have I done..? He looked up at me. 'Tom! I am just trying to help! Then why? Why won't you let me?' He typed. I felt upset... "Tord... I..." I looked down in shame.

He wiped his tears away. 'Fine! If you don't want my help, then I understand!' He typed and ran into the classroom. I just stood there, staring into space with tears. ...Tord... What have I done..?

I heard the bell ring and I sighed. I went into the classroom and sat next to Tord. I looked at him. He kept looking down. His expression was dull. I tapped him on his shoulder. He looked at me. I smiled at him, but he looked away immediately.

I frowned and looked down. He was mad, wasn't he? The teacher came in. I rolled my 'eyes'. I didn't miss this at all.

*time skip*

Finally, it was over. We were suppose to lunch, but I forgot mine at home. So I just said goodbye to Edd and Matt and left the school. I saw Tord. He was looking down and he was walking very slowly.

I ran up to him. "Hey, Tord!" I said. He didn't even look at me. He was ignoring me, like I wasn't there. "Tord?" I called his name. He stopped walking. He kept staring at his feet, having that dull expression on his face.

I placed my hand on his shoulder. He finally looked up at me. I smiled softly, feeling guilt wash over my whole body. He felt...sad..? Or maybe angry..? I didn't know... I didn't understand. He was about to start walking away, but I pulled him into a hug.

"Tord, I'm sorry if I hurt you or something... I know you just wanted to help..." I said. He didn't hug me back, but also didn't pull away. I didn't want to leave him at that moment.

First, I didn't want to go home. My father was there... And second, Tord was the one that needed me at that moment... He wanted to help me with my problem and I just acted like a total jerk...

I hugged him tighter, but he pulled me away from him. He continued walking home. 'Did I really hurt him that much..?' I thought. "H-hey, Tord! Wait!" I said and followed him.

We reached my house. I expected him to wave at me to say goodbye or something, but he just continued walking to his own home... "S-see you later, Tord." I said. He ignored me. I sighed and looked down.

'I'm sorry, Tord...' I thought to myself and walked into my house. I heard something break in the kitchen. I peeked in to see my father there, sitting at the table. And the noice was from a bottle of smirnoff he had. He smashed it on the floor. Or it just fell. I didn't know.

He noticed me and I gulped. He stood up and went up to me. I was about to run into my room, but he grabbed my arm. I looked at him in terror. He glared at me and threw me on the floor. He started dragging me into the bathroom.

I kept kicking and punching him to let go of me, but he didn't care. He pinned me to the wall and grabbed a toothbrush... Then a liquid soap... My 'eyes' widened. Not this again! He kept me pinned to the wall so I couldn't escape.

He had the toothbrush with liquid soap. I kept my mouth shut. I was not going to scream for help... Nobody was there for me anyway... Tord wanted to help... And if he couldn't help, I knew he was at least make me feel better... But no... I had to act like a terrible friend...

He groaned and slapped me in the face. "Ouch!" I yelped and he immediately forced the toothbrush in my mouth. I tried to spit the soap and the disgusting water out, but it was no use. I gave up like last time... I was so weak... Weak...weak...weak...weak...weak......

And Tord... Tord was there for me... He tried to help me... He tried to make me feel better... He was there for me... I wanted to take the words I said to him back, to tell him the truth...to ask him for help and support... And he would give it to me...

Because we were friends...right..?