19. This can't be...

Tom's POV:

I heard the door close. I was covering myself in a blanket, staring down at the floor where my clothes were. My father went into the kitchen. Probably to grab another drink. I sighed, crying quietly.

I didn't want to feel this pain anymore... I started spacing out and thinking about what I saw outside... I was wondering who was actually at the door. I looked up at the open window and carefully stood up. I almost fell. My legs were shaking and my head was spinning.

I didn't stop though and walked towards the window. I looked outside. My father opened the window so it wasn't locked. I knew I had a chance to escape, but I was too afraid... My 'eyes' widened. I saw Tord. He was just staring at the door, not moving. Edd and Matt were there too. Edd grabbed his arm and they started walking away. Tord didn't stop looking at my house though...

Edd let him go and Tord immediately started walking back... But why? I shook my head and layed down. My head hurt. I didn't want Tord to worry about me... I didn't want any of them to know...

My phone buzzed... I wasn't sure if I wanted to answer... But I took it anyway. Tord. It was him again... I sighed.

Tord: Tom, can we meet up tonight..?
Tom: Huh? Why?
Tord: Please, Tom. I want to talk to you...

I felt nervous. If I said yes, my father would be really mad, but if I said no, Tord would become even more suspicious about me...

Tom: U-uhh, I-I'm kinda tired...
Tord: Tom... Please?
Tom: ...
Tord: Please, it's important!
Tom: No, Tord... Not tonight...
Tord: Toooooom...
Tom: Sorry, Tord.

I sighed and placed my phone on the nightstand. I looked down. I hated it... I did want to meet up with him, but my father would hurt me and maybe even him... And I didn't want that... Even if he was hurting me, than at least he was leaving my friends alone...

I heard another buzz from my phone, but since I knew it was Tord, I didn't take it. I just closed my 'eyes' and fell asleep...

Tord's POV:

I kept staring at the phone. I felt dissapointed, sad and angry... I was sad that Tom said no, but I knew that wasn't going to stop me. I was going there tonight, whether he liked it or not. I sighed quietly.

I looked at the time. It was 6 pm already? I thought it would be nice to come over around midnight. But I didn't want Edd or Matt to know. And especially not my parents. I stood up and left my room.

I went down to the living room. Edd and Matt were playing 'Monopoly'. I smiled softly and decided to join them. But I couldn't forget about Tom and the plan... I still didn't know what was wrong with him... Maybe it was really his father...

And if he had problems with his father, I was going to help him... I knew how he felt... My parents weren't much nicer... And I knew I was going to help him... Somehow...

*time skip*

I looked at the time.... Almost midnight. I smiled. The guys were already asleep, but I was way too excited to even feel sleepy. I took my notebook and a pen since my phone died. I quietly left the room, trying not to wake the other two up. I left my house and started walking towards Tom's house.

I felt like it wasn't going to be easy though. After a while, I reached the house. The lights were turned off...except for one window. The window was opened. But it was way too high for me to get in. I thought about what to do...

Maybe it was Tom's room! Or...maybe it was his father's... Or maybe just a normal room, but somebody just forgot to turn the lights off and to close the window. I stared at the window. I would call Tom's name, but I couldn't...

I looked around to see if there was something I could use. I saw a small rock... I stared at it for a moment before I picked it up. An idea came into my mind. I torn a page from my notebook and wrote something on it.

'Tom, look outside' I wrote. 'That should be enough for now. Maybe that will get him to at least look at me.' I thought to myself. I wrapped the rock into the paper and looked up. 'Okay, now I have to throw it there... Carefully...' I thought.

I focused on the window and after a few seconds, I threw the rock. And...it was success! I could hear a really quiet groan coming from the room. I waited, still looking up at the window.

Someone really looked outside. And it was really Tom! I felt happy! And I was so lucky! This could really end badly if it wasn't Tom's room. I smiled and waved at him.

He stared at me with wide 'eyes'. Was he really not expecting me? I took my notebook. 'Tom! Can you come down, please?' I wrote and showed it to him. He looked kinda nervous and he was wrapped in a blanket. 'Cute...' I thought and blushed.

"U-uhh, T-T-Tord? What are... What are you doing here..?" He asked. He was whispering, but it was loud enough for me to hear. 'I just decided to come here to see you.' I wrote. He sighed. "Tord, I told you not tonight... And school's tomorrow." He said.

Oh yeah, school. I completly forgot about it... 'I don't care, Tom. Can you please come outside? I want to talk to you, it's important...' I wrote. He looked down. "Tord, not now, please..." He said. I shook my head.

'Why, Tom? Why not?' I wrote. "I-I'm just...uhh... I'm just r-really tired." He said. He was lying... I could tell. If he was so tired, he would be sleeping right now. He yawned, but I could tell it wasn't from being tired...

'Tom, you're not tired. Just come here.' I wrote. "I-I... I can't!" He said. I rolled my eyes. 'Tom! Come. Here.' I wrote. He shook his head. I looked down. I was dissapointed in myself... I thought I would make him come out, but he won't give up...

I covered my face in my hands. I wanted for him to come down... I wanted to hug him... I wanted to save him... From his father or whatever was wrong... I started tearing up. I tried to calm down and to continue convincing him, but didn't.

"Uhh, T-Tord! Don't cry... Please!" I heard Tom. I looked up at him, tears falling down my face. "O-okay! I-I-I'll come down!" He said. He closed the window. I smiled. 'Heh, these tears actually helped me...' I thought.

I waited a few minutes before I heard the door unlock and open, revealing Tom. I smiled at him and hugged him. He hugged me back. We pulled away after a while and I kept smiling. It worked, I got him to come out!

My smile faded when I saw something... Something was wrong... His hair was a mess. He had bags under his 'eyes' and his legs were shaking... But what suprised me...was a hickey... And another one...

I stared at them, processing what my eyes were seeing. Was it true? Or was I just too worried and imagined things? "Uhh, Tord?" He said my name. I looked at him. 'Tom, what is this..?' I wrote and pointed to those hickeys.

He completly froze in shock. I felt a terrible pain in my stomach. That couldn't be happening... I covered my mouth and tears started to form in my eyes. I felt like throwing up. "T-Tord, I-" He was cut off by another voice...

"What's going on here!!?"