7. A little visit

Tom's POV:

I woke up and groaned. I felt really tired. For some strange reason, I couldn't sleep. I kept waking up in the middle of the night and took me like half an hour before I fell asleep again. Was it just because of school? Probably.

I sighed and stood up, yawning. I heard noices coming from the living room. My dad was probably drunk again. I rolled my 'eyes' and walked into the kitchen. I got something to eat and took a quick shower.

I changed in my blue hoodie and black jeans and grabbed my stuff. I left the house. I took a deep breath. I looked at the direction of Tord's house, but he was not there. Then I remembered he was not going to school.

I sighed and rubbed my 'eyes' tiredly. I started walking to school, this time by myself. After a while, I saw Edd and Matt talking with each other. They smiled when they saw me. I walked up to them.

"Hey, guys." I said. "Good morning, Tom! Uhh, where's Tord?" Edd asked. Matt raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, why is Todd not here?" He asked. I rolled my 'eyes'. "It's Tord, Matt. And for some reason he can't come to school today." I said.

Edd looked worried. "Really? Did something bad happen to him?" He asked. "I don't know. I tried asking him, but he said it's important and that he's okay." I answered. Silence filled the air for a few seconds before Edd snapped his fingers.

"Guys, I have a great idea!" He said. Me and Matt looked at him. He looked really excited. "How about we go visit him after school?" He asked. Matt gasped. "Yeah! That's a really good idea! But where does he live?" He asked.

"I know. He's living near my house." I said. They looked at me and smirked. "Oh really?" Edd asked. I nodded, kinda weirded out by their strange behavior. But I just brushed it off. "Maybe we can even have a sleepover since it's friday!" Edd said.

'What? It's friday already? Not that I mind, but time really flies.' I thought to myself. Matt showed him a thumbs up. "Okay, but only if he's agreeing with it." I said. Edd chuckled. "Of course."

We reached our school and and talked a little. But then we saw...Eduardo, Mark and Jon. I glared at them. "What do you want?" I asked them. Eduardo glared back. "Oh, that mute idiot is not with you today?" He asked.

"Don't call him like that!" I said. Eduardo smirked. "Shut it, you eyeless freak." Mark said. "So tell us, where is he?" Eduardo asked. "What do you want from him?" I asked him and backed off. He smirked.

"That's none of your bussiness." He said and came closer to me. I wanted to punch him in the face. "What did he ever do to you, Eduardo?" Edd asked him. "It's just fun to beat someone who's weak. And everyone in this school knows he's a freak." He said.

"That's not true! I like Todd!" Matt said. Eduardo and Mark started laughing, Jon just looked away. "Everyone knows what he's really like." Mark said. I raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?" I asked him.

Eduardo came closer to me, smirking. "It's his own fault he's mute." He said. "Huh? And how do you know that!?" I asked him. "Oh, there's lots of things I know." He said. The bell rang. "See ya later, losers." He said and they all walked away.

I just stared at them for a few seconds. "Come on, Tom. Let's go to class." Edd said. I sighed and nodded. 'But why would Tord do that? What happened to him? Did he do something stupid to make him like this?' I asked myself.

I shook my head. No, Eduardo was just joking to make us pissed or something...right?

Tord's POV:

I woke up and glared at the ceiling. I couldn't sleep... I was hearing the voice over and over again. 'Wake up, you forgot something important... Wake up, fix it. You need to fix it.' I rolled my eyes tiredly.

I closed them again. I didn't want to wake up. I burried my face in a pillow. I slowly got up, but I couldn't see anything again. That didn't stop me this time though. I started walking downstairs, hardly being able to see anything.

I didn't see the stairs and tripped. I froze for a second from shock and fell. Thankfully there were not much stairs. I layed on the ground and stared on the wall. 'I should get up... But I don't want to... I can't stay on the floor all day though...'

After a minute of deciding if I should get up or not, I finally managed to get up. My head was spinning, but I could see a bit better. Maybe dad was right when he told me that it will be better not to go to school today.

I walked into the kitchen to find Paul there, reading a newspaper. He looked at me and smiled. "Hello, Tord!" He said. I smiled at him and nodded. I expected to see Patryck. "If you're wondering where Patryck went, he's still asleep." He said.

I mouthed 'Oh' and sat at the table next to Paul. I saw papers and pencils on the table. I smiled and took a paper. I grabbed a pencil and started to draw. Paul chuckled. He sounded happy.

I decided to draw Tom and the way I saw him... I couldn't help it. He looked beautiful. Cute. And he was also really kind and understanding. He was...a great friend.

I decided to draw him as an angel. I remember when Eduardo, Mark and...Jon attacked me. He saved me... Nobody has ever did something nice to me... Except for my parents of course. I kept smiling when I started to draw wings. 'Too bad I couldn't go to school... I miss him...'

Edd's POV:

We were standing in front of the school and Tom decided to text Tord if we could come. I thought we could suprise him by coming, but Tom didn't want to come at a wrong time. Me and Matt were having a little chat.

"Guys, got it! He said we can come!" Tom said. "Yay! Can we come today?" I asked. Tom nodded, smiling. "Well, what are we waiting for?"  We took all of our stuff and walked away from our school.

Tom was leading the way to Tord's house. We talked about the things we could do together. After a few minutes of walking, we reached the place. Tom rang the door bell and we waited. The door opened and Tord stood there.

"Tord!" I said and hugged him. He smiled and hugged me back. Matt and Tom soon joined the hug. "So you are Edd, Matt and Tom?" We heard a new voice. We pulled away. A man was standing behind Tord, smiling.

"Yes. I am Edd, this is Matt and this is Tom." I introduced us. "Nice to meet you. I am Patryck, Tord's dad. Come on in!" He said. We walked inside and Tord closed the door.

The house looked nice! We walked into their living room. "Tord, where is your mom?" I asked him. He frowned and looked down. My smile faded and I placed my hand on his shoulder. "W-what's wrong?" I asked.

Another man came in the room. He had bushy eyebrows. He walked up to Tord and petted his hair. "Tord never liked his parents and we adopted him. He...doesn't really like talking about them." He explained.

"Oh..." I looked away at Tom and Matt. They looked confused and worried. "And who are you?" Tom asked. "My name is Paul. Me and Patryck adopted him." He answered. Tord smiled at them. He motioned to follow him and he led us to his room.

I tried to forget about his...real parents, but I couldn't. 'I wonder what happened to them...'