14. Needed sleep

Tord's POV:

I felt tired. For some reason, I wanted to sleep... My head hurt and my eyes were closing. I just stared into space. "Tord, are you alright there, buddy?" Edd asked me. I closed my eyes. I tried to open them again, but it was like something was stopping me.

"Tord?" I heard Tom's voice. I hung my head. 'No. I can't go to sleep. And especially not now... Well, maybe a quick nap won't...hurt...' I thought to myself. As I was about to try and stop myself, I fell down, my eyes still closed.

"T-Tord!" Someone ran up to me. I wanted to force my eyes to open, but didn't. So I just gave up. I couldn't really tell if I was sleeping or not, because I was not being able to move, but I was still able to know what was going on around me.

I heard footsteps running towards me... Somebody picked me up. It felt really weird. 'Why am I so tired? I mean, is it normal if someone just passes out from being too tired?' I thought. (That's totally not me when I don't know what to write in my chapter... Maybe...)

I could feel that the person carried me somewhere. I guessed it was my room since he placed me on a bed. I noticed it was a bit harder to breathe. "What happened to him?" I heard a voice. It sounded like Edd.

"I don't know. He looked tired ever since I woke up and he was sleeping on a chair." I heard Tom. I didn't know why was I so tired... "That makes me even more worried... Is he okay?" Edd asked. I felt a wave of guilt wash my body.

'They're worried about me... Why? I don't want them to worry about me only because I am tired!' I thought. At that moment, I tried to wake up. I didn't want them to worry... But I didn't even move. That didn't stop me though.

"You need to wake up... Fix it... You're forgetting something important..." I heard a voice. I knew it wasn't anyone I knew...but it was the voice in my head... It was telling me the same thing for the third time!

'What do I need to fix? What am I forgetting? Tell me!' I felt like crying. I could feel tears roll down my face. Edd gasped. "G-guys, is he crying?" I heard him. I still couldn't move... I wanted to wake up...

"S-should we try to wake him up..?" I heard Matt say. "...I don't know. It's probably a nightmare or something... But he needs sleep. And I think there's something more going on here then just not enough sleep." Tom said.

'Something...more..?' "You need to wake up... Fix it... He needs your help!" The voice said. I didn't remember saying the last sentence... 'W-who do I need to help? Who needs my help!?' I kept asking myself.

"What do you mean, Tom?" Edd asked. "I... I don't know... I think he's hiding something from us..." Tom said. "But what would he hide and why?" Matt asked. I was confused. 'Hide? What am I hiding..? What's going on..?' I thought.

"I don't know. But there's something going on." Tom said. At this point, I really wanted to wake up. I tried to move, but it still didn't work. "He needs your help. You're forgetting something. Wake up, you need to fix it." The voice said.

I was mad... 'Who needs my help? What am I forgetting?! HOW DO I FIX IT!?' I screamed in my mind. The voice didn't answer, but I noticed I could move again... I slowly opened one of my eyes.

Edd, Matt and Tom were sitting next to my bed. Edd was looking down, Matt was hugging him and Tom stared at his feet. I opened my other eye and touched his hand carefully. He flinched and looked at me.

"T-Tord, you're awake." He said. Edd immediately looked up at me and smiled. "Tord! You scared us!" He said. I looked away as I was saying 'I'm sorry'. "But no harm done!" He said and hugged me.

I smiled softly. "Why did you pass out?" Matt asked. "You looked really tired... But I didn't know it was this bad." Tom said. I took my phone. 'Me neither. I still feel tired.' I typed. "Oh... Do you know, why? I thought you were sleeping just fine..." Edd asked.

'I don't know.' I typed, my eyes closing again. Tom placed his hand on my shoulder. "Hey, maybe you should go back to sleep." He said. 'But what about you, guys?' I typed. "We'll think of something to do." Edd said.

I shook my head. They asked me if they could come over to my house so we could spend some time together and no to let me sleep. 'That's okay, I'll try to stay awake.' I typed.

"Tord! You seriously should go to sleep, you need it." Edd said. 'Urg. Fine, MOM!' I typed. They all chuckled. I smiled at them, my left eye closing completly. "Don't worry. We will hang out when you feel better, okay?" Matt said. I nodded.

They all stood up and walked out of my room. I really didn't want them to go, but I was seriously tired... And I wanted to have a little chat with the voice that kept telling me something was wrong... Something I needed to fix... Someone...needed my help... But who..?

Tom's POV:

"Do you think he'll be okay?" Matt asked. "Yeah, Matt, he's just tired." I answered. "Well, what shouldwe do now?" Edd asked. "Well I-" I was cut off by someone ringing the door bell. We all looked at the door. "I'll go get it!" Paul said.

He opened the door and my 'eyes' widened... My...father was there... (In this book, his father isn't a pineapple, okay?) "Who is that?" Edd asked. "My dad..." I whispered.

"Umm, hello. Can I help you?" Paul asked him. "I came here for my son." He said. I freaked out and hid behind Edd. "Hide me." I said. He raised an eyebrow. "Huh? What's wrong?" He asked. Right before I could answer, my dad noticed me.

"There you are! Come here!" He said. I sighed and went up to him. "I'm taking you home." He said. "But dad, can I stay here for the weekend?" I asked him. "You didn't even ask him, Tom?" Matt asked. 'He said my name right...?'

I shook my head. "No, he didn't. I'm taking you home." He said, glaring at me. "B-but why?" I asked. He growled. "Just come!" He yelled. "C-can I at least say goodbye to-" "No!" He said and grabbed me by my arm.

He dragged me out of the house. "T-Tom!" Edd yelled. "I-I'm fine, Edd! Tell Tord that I'm going home, okay? B-bye!" I yelled back at him. My dad threw me in the car and went in too. He started the car and we drove away from Tord's house.

All of this happened so quickly... I kept looking down in silence. 'My father's gonna hit me again...isn't he..?'