40. 'What is life?'

Tom's POV:

I woke up and yawned. I really didn't feel like going to school today. My head was spinning and my 'eyes' were burning. And Tord didn't look good yesterday as well... 'Maybe we should stay home at least for a day... I mean, we did lose our home and he just lost his parents...' I thought.

I looked at Tord and was suprised when I saw him already awake and smiling at me. "Oh... Good morning, Tord. How are you feeling?" I asked. He saw his phone on the bedside table and took it. 'I'm feeling fine, I guess.' He typed.

Wow. He was taking it better than I was when I lost my mother. But at the same time, I was happy he was feeling better. We both then heard a knock. We looked at the door. "Come in!" I said.

The door opened and Edd stood there. "Morning, guys! How are you?" He asked. "I'm fine." I answered. Tord smiled softly at him and showed him a thumbs up. I petted his hair. Edd looked a bit worried.

"Really, Tord? Don't you miss your parents?" Edd asked. 'Of course I do... I will always miss them, but I know they don't want me to be sad because they died... And if I just cry, it won't bring them back either.' He typed. He had a point.

Edd smiled. "At least you're feeling better. Anyway, it's time for school! I made bacon and eggs!" He said. Tord grinned and got up. I did too. We followed Edd into the kitchen and sat at the table. We started eating while Tord was doing something on his phone.

'Hey, Edd. do you have any headphones?' Tord typed. "Yes, I can give you some if you want to!" Edd answered and went to get them. I looked at Tord. "You really like music, do you?" I asked. He nodded. I smiled. "Me too."

Edd came back with some headphones. He handed them to Tord and Tord smiled softly at him as a thank you. We continued to eat our breakfast and then got ready for school.

Tord's POV:

"Okay, are we ready to go?" Edd asked. We nodded and left Edd's house. Matt as already waiting outside. "Hello, guys!" He said. I waved at him. "Hello, Matt!" Edd said and hugged him. Matt hugged him back and petted his hair. I looked at Tom with that 'I ship it' look.

He smirked and giggled. "Now, let's go!" Edd said and we went to our school. When we arrived, we saw...Eduardo, Mark and Jon! Jon waved at us and I smiled at him. They came up to us. "Hey, what's up?" Eduardo asked.

He actually didn't seem so bad as before. I remembered what happened yesterday however. I knew it was going to hurt just thinking about it... I looked down, covering my face. "W-what's wrong?" Jon asked.

Tom hugged me from behind. "Well, we were living together with his parents, but...something happened and we lost our home and he lost his parents too... It happened yesterday..." Tom explained as I wrapped my arms around him.

"Aww, I'm sorry for that..." Jon said. "Wow, I ever experienced death before. My parents and my siblings are just fine." Mark said. "Then be glad for that. It's hard to lose parents. Tord's real parents abused him so he was adopted. And his new parents died too... Tom lost his mom when he was born and his father went to jail for abusing him..." Edd said.

"Oh... Look, we wanted to say sorry. For bullying you before. We didn't know this... But we wanted to ask, why is the mute idio-sorry. Tord? Was it Tord?" Eduardo asked. I nodded. "Well, why are you mute? Did your real parents do this?" Mark asked.

I just slowly nodded. I really didn't want to think about them. "Oh." It was silent for a while as I took my phone. 'And it's okay. I forgive you.' I typed. Jon smiled and hugged me. I smiled softly and hugged him back.

Sddenly, we heard the bell ring. Urg... "Well, let's go to class now." Tom said. I nodded. I smiled at Jon and he returned it. We went into our class room and sat down. Our teacher walked in. 'Welcome to the panic room...' I thought to myself. I still loved that song.

It was math now. I rolled my eyes. I was bad at it. And the teacher wasn't so great either. She started saying something, but I was way too spaced out to listen. That was always what I was doing in school. Just space out until the bell would make me snap out of it. (Same, Tord. Same.)

*time skip*

'I still wonder what's the point of existenc-' I was cut off from my thoughts by the bell that snapped me out of it. I smiled softly. 'Thank you, bell.' I thought and got up. Edd walked up to me.

"Hey, the teacher was explaining it three times and I still don't get it." Edd said. "Same here. Do you get it, Tord?" Matt asked. I took my phone. 'No, I was too busy thinking about what's the point of life and existence.' I typed.

They both started laughing when Tom walked up to us. "What's going on?" He asked. Edd giggled. "It's nothing, Tom." He said. We talked for a while. Well, I was quiet again...of course... The bell rang. "Oh come oooo-" The teacher came in.

I sighed quietly. 'It's almost over... Almost...' I sat down and started drawing. I was drawing a cat. I didn't know, why. I could draw anything when I was in school.

It actually wasn't so bad. The teacher didn't care if I was listening and he never even looked at me. He knew I was mute so he thought it was pointless to make me do something. I liked that about school, but it just felt like a waste of time.

*time skip*

The bell rang. We all got up and ran out the classroom. I didn't see Edd, Matt or Tom, but then I heard something. "FREEDOM!" It sounded like Matt. And I was right. I smiled and walked up to them.

"Hey, Tord! Should we go get lunch?" Edd asked. I nodded. I wasn't really hungry, but I didn't really have anything better to do anyway. We went outside this time. It was nice. "Hey, Tord?" I looked at Tom.

"What exactly were you guys laughing back then?" He asked. I looked at Edd and Matt and smiled. They giggled. "He was just telling us about what he was thinking about when we had math." Matt said. "And...that was..?" Tom asked.

"What everyone is asking themselves." Edd said. "...What?" Tom looked confused. 'He's cute when he's confused.' I thought and smirked at him. He blushed. "I'm actually wondering about it too." Matt said.

Tom looked at him. "Wondering about what!?" He asked. Matt got closer to him.......

"...What is life?"

Hey, guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Well, it's probably just a few things about how I feel in school everyday... Oh well. Why not have some weird chapter after the depressing and sad one? My mother was terrified and now she wants to exorcise me...

Help..?