18. Help him...

Tom's POV:

I was suprised... 'Tord feels the pain too..? But how? And If I'm suppose to suffer, then I don't want my friends getting hurt... Especially not Tord... He already has enough problems...' I thought.

I felt guilty... What if it was really my fault..? I looked at him. "Tord?" He looked away... Did he figure out I was lying..? I sighed. "And can you feel a weird taste in your mouth..?" I asked. I immediately regretted asking him.

'W-why did I do that? Now I'm gonna become more suspicious!' I thought, panicking and sweating. He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. 'Uhh, actually, yes... How did you know..?' He typed on his phone. I froze.

I mentally facepalmed myself. "U-uhh, just guessing..?" I answered. It sounded more like a question. He didn't type anything, but looked at me with a serious look... He knew something was up. I looked away from him.

There was a long awkward silence between us. I sighed and stood up. "I-I should probably head back home..." I said. I didn't want my father to be mad at me again. Tord stood up as well and grabbed my hand.

I looked at him. I could see sadness in his eyes. I sighed. "I'm sorry, Tord, but I really have to go..." I said. He shook his head. I sighed and hugged him. "Tord, my father doesn't know I'm not home. He will get mad..." I said.

"Oh yeah, Tom? When your father came here to pick you up, why did you look so scared..?" Edd came in the room and asked. I looked at him with wide 'eyes'. "U-uhh, what are you talking about? I am not scared of him!" I said and smiled nervously.

"Then why did you hide behind me?" He asked, crossing his arms. "I-I umm..." I didn't know what to say. I didn't want them to worry about me and my problems... Matt came into the room as well.

They were all looking at me, waiting for me to answer their question. I backed away and was about to run away, but Tord still had my hand and stopped me before I could escape. "G-guys, I really need to go home... I'll tell you tomorrow, okay?" I said.

Edd and Matt looked at each other, then back at me. "Well, okay... But you must tell us tom-orrow!" He said and grinned. I facepalmed. "A new pun, huh?" I smiled and looked at them time. "Uhh, I should really get going now." I said.

'Why can't your father just let you stay here with us?' Tord typed. I sighed. "I-I don't know. B-but I really need to go now so uhh, bye!" I said and ran away. I left the house and started running towards my house. I heard footsteps following me...

I looked behind me... Tord... 'Will he just leave me alone?' I thought. "T-Tord, it's okay! You can go back, I'll talk to you later, I promise!" I said. He didn't listen and followed after me. He seriously knew something was up with me...

I reached my house and I stopped running. So did Tord. I looked at him and sighed. "Tord, you need to go home now, I'll be fine. I swear!" I said and smiled at him. He looked really worried. But why?

I hugged him and he hugged me back. He rested his head on my shoulder. I knew my father was going to be back anytime soon so I pulled away. I smiled at him. "See you later, Tord." I said and waved at him. He looked down and nodded slowly.

I walked into the house, looking at Tord for the last time. He was looking down, upset. I really didn't want to leave him, but I also didn't want him to get in trouble.  I closed the door behind me. "There you are!" I heard my father.

I turned around and looked at him with wide 'eyes'. He glared at me and I gulped. He pinned me to the wall. "W-where were you!?" He shouted. His face was red and his left eye was slowly closing. I was shaking in fear. "I-I-I was just...outside for...a while..." I answered.

He threw me on the floor and then grabbed me by my arm. He pulled me into my room and threw me on my bed. He hiccuped a few times before he took off my hoodie and my shirt... I knew what he was doing.

I started tearing up. He was about to take off my pants, but I smacked his hand away and got off my bed. I ran away. I heard him shouting at me as he started to run after me. My legs already hurt, but I didn't give up... I needed help...

I was scared... Scared that he would hurt me more. Scared that he would...kill me... I didn't want to die...

I was running towards the front door, but tripped. 'Oh no, come on! Why now?' I asked myself as I tried to get up. But it was too late...

Tord's POV:

I was walking back home, looking down. I was worried... Worried about Tom... I knew something was wrong with him... There was something that was bothering him and I wanted to help him. But he didn't want me to help! He didn't even tell me what was wrong!

As I kept walking, I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I fell down, holding my stomach. It hurt a lot. But why? I was fine until now... My eyes widened. Tom... I quickly got up and started running back towards Tom's house.

Tears were falling down from my face as my legs started to seriously hurt... But this never happened to me before... I wasn't so bad at running. So why? I knew one thing... Tom was in danger...and he needed my help...

I reached his house again. I stopped running and walked to the front door. I was about to knock when I heard a loud crash inside. I was even more worried and tried to open the door...but it was locked...

I felt an awful feeling in my chest. My head hurt and I felt cold. My legs started shaking. I felt weak... But I didn't want to give up. I didn't want to let this pain stop me. I heard another crash coming from inside.

Since the door was locked, I looked through the window. But I couldn't see anything through the curtains... 'Huh?' I was confused. Why would somebody do this? I felt even more terrible and the pain got worse.

I tried to open the window, but it was locked as well... I tried to open another few windows... All of them were locked... At this point, I was panicking. 'Oh no, T-Tom is in danger! W-w-where is he? And is his father there? What happened!?' I thought.

I tried to open the door again, it was still locked. I knocked a few times. After a while, I heard a faint click and the door opened. There was a tall man standing there. he was glaring down at me when he saw me.

"Who are you? And what do you want!?" He yelled. I was...terrified of him... Every single voice in my head was telling me to just turn around and run as fast as I could away from this house and this scary man... But one of the voices was telling me to calm down and say something. And that voice was stronger than the others.

I was about to say something when I realized I couldn't. The man was getting really impatient. "Look, who are you and what do you want?" He asked. I took my phone and started typing quickly.

'Hello, my name is Tord. Is Tom home?' I typed. He groaned. "No, he's not. Goodbye." He said and slammed the door in my face. He locked the door again.

I was shocked. I stared at the door, not moving a muscle. I heard footsteps running towards me and voices calling my name. Edd and Matt... "T-Tord, there you are!" Edd said and hugged me. I ignored him and kept staring at the door.

"Tord? Are you alright?" Matt asked. I didn't answer. "Come on, Tord. Let's go home." Edd said and grabbed my arm. He pulled me away from the door and we started walking back. I kept turning around.

I felt terrible... I didn't feel safe... I knew something was wrong. Tom was in danger and he needed my help! Edd let go of my arm and I immediately started walking back to the house.

"Tord, what are you doing?" Edd asked and grabbed my arm again. "Your parents are worried!" Matt said. 'But I need to help Tom...' I thought with tears forming in my eyes. We continued walking further away from Tom's house.

I couldn't even look away... I needed to go back. I tried to make Edd to let go of my arm, but he wouldn't. I didn't give up until we reached my house. I ran into my room and layed on my bed... And I cried...

The pain was even worse and now that I knew that Tom was in danger, it made me feel useless. Like I had to help him, but I wasn't strong enough to do so... Edd and Matt were there, comforting me, but that was barely helping. I needed to go there... Tonight...