31. Pitch black

Tord's POV:

We were all watching tv in the living room. It was getting late and I was slowly falling asleep.Tom looked at me and smiled. "Tired?" He asked. I just nodded slowly. He chuckled and picked me up. He took me by suprise, but relaxed soon as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

He stood up, smiling. "Well, I'm going to bed too. Night, Paul and Patryck." He said. I smiled at them and they returned it. "Night, you two!" They said at the same time. They both blushed. Tom grinned and carried me to my room.

He placed me in my bed and crawled in too. I smiled at him and wrapped me arms around his chest. He petted my hair and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to him. I blushed and closed my healthy eye. The pain in my left eye stopped, though I couldn't open it.

Tom kissed my forehead. "Goodnight, Tordie." He said. My whole face went red as he said that, but it was really sweet of him. I yawned quietly and drifted off to sleep.

It was raining. My head and my left eye burned. I also had it opened... I thought I couldn't open it... I felt something roll down my cheeks. Tears... I was really confused. I had my hood up. Suddenly, I felt someone place his hand on my shoulder. I flinched and turned around. It was...Tom...

He was crying... Why..? Edd and Matt were there too. They all looked really upset and worried. 'What's going on..?' I thought to myself. They all looked at something. I was curious so I looked too... My eyes widened, my left one burning like fire after that, but I was in shock that I didn't really care.

There were...graves... Two of them... And when I saw the names, I cried even harder... Paul... Patryck... Their names were there. I hugged Tom tightly and he hugged me back. He patted my back, pulling me close. "I'm sorry, Tord... I am so sorry..."

I woke up, sweating. I was in my room. Tom was lying next to me. I sighed. 'It was just a nightmare...' I thought. I then felt an unbearable pain in my left eye... That was when I realized...that I opened it...

I quickly closed it and covered it with my hand. Blood was coming out of it. I started panicking and got up carefully. I didn't want to wake Tom up, even though I was terrified.

I left the room and ran into the bathroom. I turned the lights on. I looked in the mirror and uncovered the eye. After a few minutes, I decided to slowly open it again. I tried, but it burned like fire.

I yelped in pain and closed it again. After few more tries, I finally opened it. It was bleeding and when I saw how it looked life, I was even more freaked out. Pitch...black... Just like Tom's 'eyes'...

It started burning again. I closed it again and turned the water on. I started washing the blood off. It burned, but I kept going. Then suddenly, I heard footsteps. "...Tord..?"

Tom's POV:

I gasped when I saw him. His eye...was bleeding! He tried to cover it up with his hand. I ran up to him, my 'eyes' wide open. "T-Tord, are you okay!? What happened to you?" I asked him. He gulped and uncovered his eye. He slowly opened it....

It was black... Just like my 'eyes' were! He quickly closed it again. He looked like he was in pain. I placed my hand on his cheek. "T-Tord, how did this happen?" I asked. He looked away. "...It's your real parents, right..?" I asked. He slowly nodded.

I hugged him and petted his soft hair. He didn't hug back, he just stared at the wall, crying. "Tord, we should do something about this." I said in a worried tone. He shook his head and smiled softly.

"Tord, really... It can get worse..." I said. He shook his head again. I sighed. "Well, let's bandage it or something..." I said. He drabbed my hand and dragged me into his room. I was confused. He opened one of his drawers and pulled out an eyepatch. He put it on, smiling.

I sighed and smiled as well. I hoped it would be enough. We crawled back in bed and hugged each other. He kept smiling at me. That kinda made me happy. I closed my 'eyes', slowly drifting off to sleep with Tord in my arms.

*time skip*

I woke up with someone gently shaking me. I opened my 'eyes' tiredly and saw a smiling Tord. I smiled. "Morning." I said. He kissed my cheek and hugged me. I blushed and hugged him back. I felt so happy...but still... I wasn't used to him smiling so much... And then his eye...

It just seemed a bit...strange. I brushed it off and got up. He did too and we left the room. We walked downstair into the kitchen. Paul and Patryck were there already. They smiled when they saw us. "Good morning! Sleep well last night?" They asked.

I nodded. Tord didn't react and just looked down. He touched his eye covered with the eyepatch he had carefully and flinched. I wrapped my arm around him. "Is something wrong? And why do you have that eyepatch, Tord?" Patryck asked.

I sighed. "Well, I woke up and Tord wasn't there. So I went to search for him and he was in the bathroom. His eye was bleeding...and it was all black..." I answered for Tord. Patryck stood up. "R-really? Can I see?" He asked.

Tord slowly nodded and took the eyepatch off. He slowly and carefully opened his eye. It was all black, just like it was yesterday. I could tell it hurt him having the eye opened.

"Hmm... Tord, can you see anything from that eye?" Patryck asked. Tord closed his healthy eye and then shook his head. I petted his hair and he closed his left eye. He put the eyepatch back on and hugged me.

I rubbed his back. Patryck looked worried. "I think we should go see a doctor... Or else it will get worse..." He said. Tord started shaking. He was scared... I kissed his forehead and kept rubbing his back.

He started crying. I wasn't sure if it was because he was scared or because it hurt him... But I could tell it wasn't good one way or the other...