Chapter 8 - Cerulean City Gym Battle

When I entered Cerulean City, the city looked just as busy as Pewter did, but I was more interested in getting that gym badge, from what I already knew the Cerulean gym specialises in Water type Pokemon and so I caught Pikachu and Paras as a way of handling those Water types. 

However, when I was exploring the city, a police investigation was under way and based of rumours a band of thieves broke in a while back and stole some things. However, I was to be honest more interested in getting the gym badge. 

When I eventually found the Cerulean gym, I meandered around searching for the gym leader, or in this case the gym leaders being the sensational sisters. When I explored the gym searching for them, I came across a very beautiful aquarium filled with a lot of Water type Pokemon, all the way from Magikarp to Seel. 

When I eventually found the gym leaders, I asked, "excuse me, I was hoping to have a gym battle." The girls simultaneously turned towards me and admitted, "you'll be our last for the day, we've already been defeated by three trainers from a who knows where town called, Pallet." I nodded my head not really feeling offended by their opinion of Pallet Town as the only real thing that made Pallet Town well known was Professor Oak being a famous Pokemon researcher. 

When I stood on the battle platform, my opponent was Daisy, who stood on the other side. Immediately the pool around us filled up and floats were positioned around for the challengers Pokemon if they weren't Flying or Water Type Pokemon. "Both sides can use two Pokemon, you get your badge when our two Pokemon are defeated." I understood and prepared to bring out Paras first, it would be a great experience for Paras to have a battle in a gym.

"Go Seel" Daisy proclaimed and a clapping Seel came out of the Pokeball. "Come out Paras" my small Paras appeared clicking his little claws threateningly. "What a cute little Pokemon, I almost don't even want to hurt it." Daisy said as her sisters agreed observing from a distance. "Seel Water Gun" Seel fired a beam of water straight at Paras. "Paras dodge by jumping as high as possible." Paras jumped over the beam of water, just barely though.

"Now while your in the air, use Stun Spore" Paras released the Stun Spore and it floated all the way down to Seel. When the Spore landed, Seel immediately started having trouble moving, "ah Seel" Daisy panicked as her Pokemon was completely paralysed. "Now use Scratch" Paras jumped from float to float and landed several Scratches against Seel, who had no choice but to take the hits.

"Seel Headbut" Daisy called, meanwhile, I countered, "use Scratch" the two collided, claw to head when after just a moment, Seel collapsed and had been defeated. Paras cheered, clicking his little claws, to the amusement of the sensational sisters. Daisy recalled her Seel and grabbed her second Pokeball, "come out Goldeen" a Goldeen appeared, swimming in the water.

"Return for now, Paras" I returned Paras, knowing he would have trouble against an opponent who swims in the water. "Pikachu, take over" Pikachu appeared, standing on the float, eyeing down the Goldeen that simply observed Pikachu while swimming around aimlessly it seemed. "Goldeen, Horn Attack" Goldeen charged right towards Pikachu recklessly aiming it's horn right at Pikachu.

"Pikachu, use Thunder Shock to counter" immediately the battle had been decided as Goldeen was completely defeated by Pikachu's super effective electric type move. "Well congrats I guess, here's your badge" as Daisy handed me the Cascade the badge and I attached it to my jacket alongside the Boulder badge as well.

Thanking the sensational sisters for the battle and the experience, I headed back out of the gym, to get my Pokemon recovered, even though the victory was simple and easy. When I reached the centre, nurse Joy healed my Pokemon and for a small discussion, she asked me whether I was aware that a hose and a massive vacuum had been stolen recently.

I remembered seeing a police investigation happening, however, it seemed as though they barely knew anything at all so far. In positive news, I informed her I had defeated the Cerulean gym and she informed me the next gym I should go to would be, the Vermilion Gym, however, that gym is far stronger than most and I would need to do some serious training.

Nurse Joy recommended that I go to Route 24 and 25 and train before heading on my way, as LT Surge, the gym leader in Vermilion City also specialises in Electric type Pokemon. I understood what she said and knew I would head out there as soon as I contact my mum and let her know I got the Cascade badge.

Entering the details, on the videophone I contacted my mother who answered with the usual, "West's residence how may I help you?" I introduced myself once more and my mum asked how my journey was going. "I got the Cascade gym badge." I told her excitedly and she cheered with me as well. "How are your Pokemon, are they doing well?" She asked me and I informed her that my Spearow had evolved into a Fearow and that I had recently caught a Paras. My mum admitted that she thought Paras were very cute Pokemon, just like all of my others are. 

After saying my goodbyes to my mum, I decided my next move was to head north and ensure all of my Pokemon are properly prepared for the gym battle with LT Surge.