Chapter 24 - Cinnibar Island Gym

Upon having my Pokemon fully healed, I began researching the gym here on Cinnibar Island and knew the gym leader specialised in Fire Type Pokemon. Therefore, I had decided to use, Kingler, Nidoking and Dugtrio against him as they had a advantage against Fire Type Pokemon. However, there were rumours spreading around that there was no longer a gym here on Cinnibar Island.

After exiting the Pokemon Centre I understood why those rumours were circulating around, the island was filled with tourists everywhere, if there was a gym here, it would require so much effort to even find it. Eventually a man wondered over to me and announced "are you looking for something young man?" I responded, "the gym, I'm here to earn a Volcano badge." The man gave me a card and announced that if I needed anything I should head to the Big Riddle Inn and I couldn't help but wonder whether he was insinuating something through a riddle to me.

Having no idea where I should, go I decided to head on over to the Big Riddle Inn, perhaps someone there would no more about the gym, however, on my way there I came across quite the wreckage which was apparently the remains of the Cinnibar gym. It definitely looked barren and nowhere near as magnificent as what a gym should look like. 

Eventually, I came across the Big Riddle Inn, which was the only hotel around which was actually empty and available for me to have a room, after all every single hotel, even the Pokemon centre was filled up completely, with people who weren't even Pokemon centres. If I was nurse Joy I would of kicked them out immediately for wasting trainers valuable time. 

Upon entering the inn, I saw the same man who approached me earlier and he seemed surprised that I had found the inn, apparently, I had inadvertently solved a riddle somehow even though I wasn't even attempting to solve a riddle. As a reward I was offered a free room in the inn which was a nice reward for doing absolutely nothing at all. 

"Excuse me, I was hoping you knew where the gym leader was, or where his gym is?" the man informed me that if I could solve the riddle then the gym leader Blaine would be awaiting my arrival. "Blaine built a gym which tourists would never see, it's where a firefighter could never win." Upon hearing that riddle, I was completely stumped and wondered where a gym could be where a firefighter couldn't win.

"By the way, why not try out our hot springs they're very relaxing for both people and your Pokemon." After he informed me of the hot springs I decided to pay them a visit and let my Pokemon have some relaxation time and I myself would relax as well. When I arrived, I could already tell that the hot spring would be a wonderful place to relax.

Changing out of my clothes, I grabbed a towel and covered myself, entering the wonderful hot springs. "Come out everyone" Nidoking, Dugtrio, Kingler, Alakazam, Machamp and Charizard appeared. Unfortunately, Dugtrio couldn't enter however he didn't mind, he would be battling the gym leader after all. Charizard was fine as long as his tail never entered the water which he was careful about. 

"Hey, I know there's a gym somewhere here, however it's apparently somewhere where a firefighter could never win." I said to my Pokemon wondering whether they might know where the gym is. All my Pokemon seemed to begin thinking, before Alakazam ever the smart one floated above the water using his psychic power and landed on one of the Gyarados statues which was pouring water into the hot springs. 

When he did this, the fence began breaking as a hidden passageway opened up, leading somewhere. Each of my Pokemon stood up and I followed suit wondering where the hidden passageway led. I dried off and placed my clothes back on and returned my Pokemon to their Pokeballs, I would be prepared to summon them back out if anything went badly. 

Descending down the stairs, with only a couple of candles to light the way, I wondered whether this would lead anywhere and it obviously had to. As I continued descending down the stairs I began feeling the heat increasing ever so more which was difficult to bear. Eventually there were some doors which blocked my path and when I attempted to open them, my hands began burning slightly. Luckily though, I just barely opened them quick enough for my hands to not get burned that badly.