Chapter 33 - Round 4

After my team had won on the water battlefield, I returned back towards the Pokemon centre, in a rather happy mood, admittedly it still felt as though I was on adrenaline thanks to such an incredible battle I've had so far. Kingler, Raichu and Parasect battled with such fervour that I was so happy about.

My Pokemon were soon healed rather quickly and I headed back towards the Pokemon village, not just to know what my next battle would be, but to find out who my friends and rivals were battling against. I also had a quick look to see that I would be battling on the grass field in a couple of hours against a trainer, named Sally.

When I checked the match ups overall, I saw that Gary Oak was actually having a battle right now and at that, on the rock field against a girl named, Melisa. 

When I arrived to see the proceedings, the battle seemed to be nearing it's end, with neither Pokemon on the field doing brilliantly well health wise.

Oh, I should mention the Pokemon that each trainer was actually using, Gary Oak was using a powerful Nidoking, while Melisa, was using a equally powerful Golem. Both Pokemon as briefly mentioned seemed quite exhausted. Also, they were the final Pokemon they had.

Gary made the first attack, commanding his Nidoking to use Horn Attack on Golem, Melisa however, made no call to dodge or even counter, however, Golem managed to block the attack and then use Nidoking's momentum to use a rather powerful Seismic Toss to completely defeat Nidoking.

Gary looked absolutely appalled that his Nidoking had been so badly beaten by an opponent that wasn't Ash I presume. 

Soon the trainers disappeared and I headed towards the exit of the Rock battlefield, where I saw Gary and Ash chatting, Ash seemed concerned for Gary, however, it looked as if Gary remained quite alright with his defeat.

"Hey, Gary, Ash" I approached the two with the intent to ask Gary how he was after his match, even though he seemed alright, he likely was just hiding it. "Oh, Sam the girl was lucky that I was distracted by my cheering fans." I just stared at him completely not buying his lie that he was in fact alright.

However, before I could confirm my theories, he jumped in his car, saying goodbye to me and Ash, he then left and disappeared in the distance with his crying fan girls. Me and Ash both watched as the car disappeared with confusion both on our faces. "Well, I can't believe Gary's been knocked out before even the fourth round. Goes to show just how powerful the trainers in this tournament truly are." I mentioned and Ash nodded his head presumably still stunned that Gary had been knocked out.

Ash then spoke with Pikachu wondering whether he and his Pokemon would be better of quitting while they were ahead, however, Pikachu quickly disagreed, he seemed eager to welcome the challengers he would face. Soon another face arrived at the scene and it was one of Ash's travelling companions, Brock the Pewter City gym leader.

Brock let Ash know that he was an impressive trainer, that he shouldn't even think about quitting anytime soon. Soon enough Misty arrived as well and she mentioned Ash's battle was happening on the grass field at any moment, this sure got Ash's attention as he ran on over to the grass battlefield.

I knew that my battle was exactly after Ash's but I wasn't aware Ash was battling on the same battlefield as I would be later today. I knew I had time in order to understand what Pokemon I should battle with. A grass battlefield, was plain and not lumpy, the ground would be easy to traverse, but I could also battle from the air as well.

Therefore, there were a myriad of Pokemon that I could battle with, each of them were viable, however, I had decided that I would try and battle with some of the Pokemon I haven't battled with yet, however that narrowed my choices down to, Dragonite, Wigglytuff, Charizard, Alakazam, Gengar or Machamp.