Chapter 13 - Route 9 and Rock Tunnel

After familiarising myself with Peter and Cerulean City, I headed a different direction from Cerulean, I decided to go to the East exit of Cerulean City. This route was filled with one a couple of trainers, who were definitely much weaker than I had anticipated, however I still did battle with them as getting stronger was necessary.

The first trainer who approached me was a young trainer, who revealed that he had a Sandshrew one of the Pokemon that are available here, "go Diglett" when Diglett appeared he looked ready for battle, "use Sand Attack" Diglett then chucked sand in Sandshrew's eyes which blinded him temporarily. "Now use Dig" while Sandshrew was attempting to get the sand out of hie eyes, he was struck by Dig, "finish it with Scratch" the battle was soon over, however, Diglett soon began glowing signalling he was evolving.

When the glow faded away, Dugtrio was staring right back at me, I scanned Dugtrio with my Pokedex and learned that they can burrow at up to 60mph which I found to be excellent as a fast Pokemon would be able to launch attacks first. The Pokedex also mentioned that Dugtrio, that when Dugtrio did at such incredible speeds, they are the cause of many earthquakes. Admittedly, I believed that to be unlikely as it would require more than one Dugtrio to accomplish such a feat.

My team was now looking much tougher, I had a variety of different Pokemon, but knew that I would want to inevitably add a Water, Ice and Dragon type to my team at some point in the future as those types would complement my team. The trainers, I now fought were much easier to defeat thanks to Dugtrio's renewed speed. 

After many successful battles, I decided that other team members might also need training, Kadabra was an incredible Psychic type Pokemon who had immense Psychic capabilities. The occasional Zubat or Nidoran was defeated in one hit of Confusion or Psybeam and Kadabra was capable of dodging any and all attacks without much effort at all thanks to his Teleport move.

The Route was small but thankfully beneficial for my Pokemon, even Parasect and Nidorino who were at Professor Oak's laboratory occasionally were swapped around while I trained so that they could keep up and not be left behind. 

When I reached Rock Tunnel, admittedly the tunnel was just that a tunnel, "Charmeleon come out" when Charmeleon appeared I asked "could you use your tail as a way of lightning up the cave" Charmeleon nodded his head and began walking straight on. As one might expect there were plenty of Pokemon who battled us, but Charmeleon dealt with the swiftly and efficiently. The occasional trainer challenged us as well, so I battled with any Pokemon that wasn't Charmeleon, so as there was a Pokemon who could still help me navigate in this dark tunnel.

Exploring the tunnel, a Pokemon appeared with muscles stopping us form passing, Charmeleon snarled ordering the Pokemon out of the way, however whatever Pokemon this was, it didn't listen. I grabbed the Pokedex and scanned the Pokemon and learned that it was a Machop, they're powerful even though they're small and they've mastered a large majority of martial arts skill.

However, Fighting types are weak against not only Flying Types but Psychic Types as well, "come out Kadabra" when Kadabra appeared I ordered a "Confusion" immediately, Machop fell down to the ground and I threw a Pokeball catching the Machop and watched as the Pokeball swiftly disappeared to Professor Oak's laboratory.

the current Pokemon that I had on hand where, Charmeleon, Pikachu, Fearow, Jigglypuff, Kadabra and Dugtrio. However, I decided that Machop would be a good Pokemon to add on to my team, whether permanent or temporary. Based on where we were and where we would be inevitably headed, I believed that for now, Dugtrio would be swapped out with Machop.

When I got Machop, I saw that he had some decently powerful moves, some of which weren't what I was expecting at all. Machop already knew the moves, Low Kick, Leer and Karate Chop. It didn't take long though for Machop to evolve, after one decisive victory against a Geodude that a trainer had, Machop started to glow, just as Diglett had earlier today.

As Machop grew, he definitely gained some muscle mass and height, showing off his phenomenal fighting strength. While Machoke hadn't learned any new moves, his strength had definitely increased as he ran over to me and gave me a hug, slightly, cutting my breath off as he squeezed me tightly.

I presumed he was thanking me for helping him get stronger in order to evolve. I patted his head and was slightly taller than him still, however, I knew that when most of my Pokemon fully evolved, they would far surpass me in the height standings. Anyway to get back on track, my new Machoke, was incredibly powerful and worked surprisingly well with Kadabra, I wondered whether it was because they were trade evolutionary Pokemon and therefore had something common.

Eventually I reached the exit of Rock Tunnel and reached the northern Route 10, where the same Pokemon were found as the Southern part of the Route. The trainers were also lackluster as well and I could see Lavender Town looming in the distance. However, the day was fading away and I would soon want to reach Lavender Town and have a rest at the Pokemon centre until the morning when I would recommence my travels to Celadon City. 

On my way to Lavender Town, I encountered two tough Hikers, who used powerful Rock and Ground Type Pokemon. Onix was one of those powerful Pokemon, however, I was surprised at the speed Machoke was able to defeat them, he used just one Karate Chop and the Rock Pokemon were defeated in just a single blow. That rose his confidence a lot of the time as he was incredibly powerful now, just like the rest of my Pokemon as well. 

Eventually I reached Lavender Town and entered the Pokemon centre so my Pokemon and I could have a well deserved rest.