Chapter 23 - Route 19, 20 and Seafoam Islands

From Fuchsia City I needed to head south onto Route 19, which would inevitably allow me to reach the Seafoam Islands. To my partial surprise I saw that Route 19 consisted of no land and it consisted of water everywhere. I made two conclusions, firstly it would be a good idea to ensure that Raichu is on my team as he can deal with the endless number of Water Types and swimming trainers around. Meanwhile, Kingler could help me by allowing me to lay on him and have him surf towards the end of the route.

"Come out Kingler" Kingler appeared and his eyes widened happily when he saw the ocean glimmering in the sunshine. "Kingler, can you take me across the ocean please?" I ask hopefully and luckily Kingler accepted. I climbed on top of Kingler and he began swimming across the ocean at blinding speeds. Luckily this route is a simple one way, all I need to do is continue heading south and I would eventually reach Route 20. 

Many swimmers were enjoying the ocean and swam with many Water Type Pokemon, I also enjoyed the sights of the Water Pokemon swimming around. Trainers also challenged me, which was at first difficult however, Raichu used remaining land to his advantage as well as any of my other Pokemon. Charizard and Fearow could attack from the sky which was great for them and some of my other Pokemon were capable of floating around as well. This meant the terrain wasn't a huge problem for my Pokemon and we could cross the ocean and battle trainers effectively. 

One trainer battled me with a Gyarados and I learned how to properly deal with Gyarados a long time ago. Raichu's Thunderbolt is super effective against them and can defeat them, if the output of electricity is strong enough. Multiple swimmers also used a Pokemon called Golduck a Pokemon which could battle efficiently on land and in the ocean as well, meaning it was a powerful and problematic opponent. 

My Pokemon inevitably defeated the many Water Pokemon trainers that battled us, even Charizard for once had challenging opponents which sparked his battle prowess. Seaking was another common opponent and Wigglytuff proved his power, by unleashing a Thunderbolt that the trainer was not expecting under any circumstances.

Inevitably I reached Route 20 a secondary route which also contained large quantities of water which meant that Kingler was required however, he was fine with that and when I offered him a break he declined, I assume he was trying to show me that he was a powerful Pokemon who could handle any opponent.

I then had an interesting battle with a Pokemon that I hadn't really battled before, "go Seadra" a Seadra appeared which was the evolved form of Horsea. The Pokedex informed me that Seadra, is known as the dragon Pokemon even though it wasn't actually a Dragon Type Pokemon, like my Dragonair was. "I choose Dragonair" Dragonair appeared and began swimming in the ocean enjoying the cleanliness I presume.

"Dragonair use Slam" Seadra was flung away with Slam and landed near his trainer who was definitely caught of guard when his Pokemon was flung away by just one move. "Dragonair Thunder Wave lets go" Dragonair then paralysed the opposing Pokemon with Thunder Wave "now repeatedly use Slam until the Seadra is unable to continue fighting."

Dragonair followed by commands with the greatest of ease and eventually Dragonair claimed victory against the Seadra. The trainer recalled his Seadra and began swimming away, presumably to get his Pokemon healed at the nearest Pokemon centre. 

I saw an island that was a quite a way in the distance, but directed Kingler there so he could have a rest and recover his strength. "Kingler, head over to that island, I think their called the Seafoam Islands." Kingler booked it towards the islands and climbed aboard and I returned him to his Pokeball asking him to have a temporary break while I have a little exploration of these islands and see whether their might be any wild Pokemon that are worth catching.

The Seafoam islands were definitely unique and were all interconnected their were caves all around which had many different floors where different Pokemon could be found. This provided an excellent training spot as there were land Pokemon meaning my land based Pokemon could battle and water based Pokemon could battle in the ocean if they ever need to.

I spotted many Zubat and their evolved form Golbat flying around the caves and many water Pokemon swimming around the lakes underground. I had to admit this place was quite beautiful and peaceful, almost untouched by humanity as I hadn't seen a single trainer or traveller here. Admittedly, I did feel nervous whether humans were supposed to be here or not, the Seafoam islands could be protected and monitored at all times.

However, my worries were unnecessary and I continued training around the islands battling a wide variety of Pokemon, ensuring that they were powerful enough to beat the next gym leader on Cinnibar Island. Through persistence, Tauros managed to learn the move Rage, which got stronger, when Tauros would be attacked. Dragonair finally learned a Dragon Type move called Dragon Rage which helped Dragonair immensely in battles. Fearow learned Agility which would increase Fearow's speed exponentially. 

I had been training here for a couple of hours and determined that Kingler would be ready to continue heading towards Cinnibar Island. When asking Kingler how he felt, he informed me that he was fine through happy clicks and so on. 

Route 20 was to the West and so we headed in that direction and that would inevitably allow us to reach Cinnibar Island. It was much easier clearing both the wild Pokemon and trained Pokemon since my Pokemon had been training a lot and had even learned new moves, specifically in Dragonair's case with Dragon Rage.

I was admittedly beginning to get bored as it seemed as though we had been swimming for hours on end, however, soon enough, we reached an island that looked to be Cinnibar unless we were heading the complete wrong way which would have been incredibly annoying and frustrating as well. 

Upon landing, I saw that it was in fact Cinnibar Island based off the sign which was wonderful news, facing Kingler I spoke again, "thank you for everything Kingler, take a nice long break okay?" Kingler chirped and went back in the Pokeball, to be sure he recovered fully I quickly headed to the Pokemon centre and had my Pokemon fully revitalised by nurse Joy.