Chapter 36 - 6 on 6 battles start now

It had been a day since my battle with Carlos and more importantly Ash's battle with Ritchie, where sadly Ash was knocked out of the competition, though for a beginner, he managed to place in the top 16 which was nothing to scoff at.

Today, I planned on meeting Ash because my next battle wasn't for quite some time, when I arrived to his temporary home, I saw Misty, Brock, Ash's mum and Professor Oak they seemed to be chatting about Ash's behaviour, apparently he was sulking in his room.

"Oh, hello Sam, congratulations on winning your match." Professor Oak mentioned before the mood returned to a sombre mood. Misty decided she had enough of Ash's behaviour and entered his room, trying to get him to go for a walk or buy some souvenirs from the Pokemon village, however, Ash just told her to leave him alone.

At that moment we all entered the room to interrupt a brewing argument. Misty even mentioned that Ash could have gone much further, however, he didn't train enough,surprisingly, Misty had a point when Professor Oak mentioned that he didn't train Charizard properly and that was the reason why he lost. Ash seemed almost stunned by this news, but it was the complete truth and sometimes, the truth hurts, but saying it is necessary for Ash to grow stronger not only as a trainer but as a person as well.

Misty admitted that it was difficult for trainers to bond with many Pokemon on a deep personal level, however those that accomplish those feats, advance far in life. However, she put in her own remark that some lazy trainers (Ash) don't have what it takes. Ash was fuming and thus a second argument began.

I noticed Pikachu down below the two arguing friends and also noticed that his cheeks were sparking rapidly and he had his eyes scrunched shut, this meant that he was going to electrocute everyone within this room in an effort to quell the fighting.

Luckily, I managed to back away, while everyone else was shocked, including Professor Oak and Ash's mother as well, who begged Pikachu not to shock them as well. This snapped Pikachu out of his attack and everyone was quite relieved. As a result of the electricity the TV turned on and announced the beginning of the next match.

I decided that I would head off and do some last minute preparations before my match and said my goodbyes to Ash and his friends. They were headed off to watch Ritchie's battle. 

Upon leaving I wondered what Pokemon I should use in a full six on six battle, I wasn't too sure on what my opponent would use and therefore I needed a balanced team, therefore, I decided on using, Charizard, Alakazam, Gengar, Machamp, Parasect and finally Wigglytuff. They each were exceptionally powerful and combined could defeat any opponent.

After several minutes I headed down to start my match, I found out last minute I was up against a trainer named Tim, since he made it to the sixth round of the Pokemon league I assumed he would be quite tough. 

Upon entering the arena I was prepared for a tough but exciting battle, were hopefully I would win once again, to show my thanks towards every single one of my Pokemon, for helping me get this far.

While waiting, I spoke to my Pokemon currently inside their Pokeballs, "thanks so much for everything you've done so far, lets go all the way okay?" The Pokeballs each moved shaking around in excitement, or perhaps nervousness. 

Heading out onto the field I saw my opponent, standing confidently, armed already with a Pokeball. 

The announcer began by speaking to the audience in the stands, "welcome to the sixth round of the Pokemon league, only the most tenacious trainers and their Pokemon have reached this level, so we can expect some serious battles to take place here and now."

My opponent, introduced himself as Tim, a trainer from Cerulean City, so I wondered what Pokemon he would use on a full six on six battle. "I'll start things out, "come out Pinsir" out came a powerful looking Pinsir, which would be a nice way to start things out.