6.2 Si Ye Heng

Yi Jing Jun stayed obediently in his hospital bed seemingly dazed as he stared out the wondow where a blooming tree could be seen. Si Ye Heng really treated his vegetable body well, even giving the most expensive room.

In contrast to the day dreaming Jing Jun, Jing Jun was actually talking with Xiao Bao Zi. He was jolted back to life when the door to his room slammed opened. " Jing Jun." a solemn voice called out, it sounded devoid of emotions however the man's eyes betrayed him. His eyes were filled with anxiety and worry.

Yi Jing Jun's eyes widen as he realised Si Ye Heng was his lover for this world. He felt that throbbing from his soul, an indicator that can never betray his lover's identity. " Ah Si." he muttered quietly.

Si Ye Heng paced his steps as he slowly arrived in front of Jing Jun, he had immediately rushed over the moment news was sent. The 4 years Jing Jun didn't wake up, Ye heng was dutifully visiting him once a week same day, same time, there was never once he missed visiting on time. Now that the man on the bed who has stayed immobile awoken, Si Ye Heng carefully appraised this cousin of his.

The once bright 19 year old reduced to being in the hospital for 4 years, living off the IV drip and jelly foods. His body definitely didn't receive the nutrition it need, his muscle deteriorate due to the lack of exercising and movement making him really fragile and skinny, his bones sticking out. In comparison, his once normal wheat skin has completely paled due to the lack of sun for 4 years, making it a scary pale white. His jet black hair had grown to his shoulders due to not cutting, his black eyes however, were much more vibrant than before.

Similarly to Jing Jun, Si Ye Heng only had this cousin of his as family thus he made sure the hospital did not give up on Jing Jun despite the unfavorable situation of his body.

Si Ye Heng shakily reached out a hand, this was still his cousin, but his heart felt different, he needed to protect him, to pamper him. Everything he wants he can take. All my hardwork he can take. What's the point of him working so hard without Jing Jun? He didn't dare to touch Jing Jun, what if he touch and everything was not real? Just one of those hallucinations he has? Won't his hopes be too high? What if it comes crashing down? The greater the height the bigger the fall.

Wouldn't his mental barriers completely collapse? While Si Ye Heng's hand was hesitating, Jing Jun took initiative and took the still hands and brought it towards his cheeks. Then as if it waas natural, he leaned into Ye Heng's palm, causing Ye Heng to realise reality.

Like this they stayed silent, a comfortable silence as they sat peacefully. Si Ye Heng gathered his courage and encased the thin frail body into his embrace, his hold not weak yet not strong.

" Ah Si. " Jing Jun called out but received no response.

" Ah Si.." He tried again, this time he received a ' mhmm' , a muffled response.

" Bring me to walk outside, I feel like I haven't seen the sun in awhile.. " his hoarse voice cracked in between the sentences. Calling " Ah Si" did not make Jing Jun realise how hoarse his voice was until he made a sentence.

Although Si Ye Heng was prepared as he support Jing Jun, he wasn't prepared enough and Jing Jun nearly fell of the bed due to the lack of strength in his legs. His hands clutched tightly on Ye Heng's arm the best he could but his legs could not move another step. Si Ye Heng watched, heart in pain as he called someone to get a wheelchair for Jing Jun.

Together, the two figures, one sitting the other pushing the chair left the room creating a harmonious atmosphere. The nurses watch in happiness as the man who always came for patient 328 was finally able to see him awake.