Hidden Fidelity

Hidden Fidelity

Y/n POV

Today is the big day! Our five year anniversary of being together. I know my baby probably planned the most amazing day just for us. My head was tucked under his neck, his hot pants breezing through my hair. I took his hand, and played around with his fingers for bit trying to get him to wake up. "Baby, baby come on. Get up." I whispered.

He kissed my head and pretended to go back to sleep. "Babe!" My fingers tickled at his bare skin, teeth nibbling on the accessible parts that I could reach, and legs wrapping around his waist.

His husky voice penetrated the giggles that I produced. "Leave me be woman! I'm tired. Spin made me stay late to work on a few more tracks and all I want to do today is just chill." He's kidding right? He has to be joking. Diggy did not forget did he? "Fine, what do you want for breakfast?" I gnawed at my bottom lip to cease the quivering. Stop crying Y/n! Diggy did not forget your anniversary. At least I hope he didn't. He knew when the other ones were, so why not remember one of the important ones?

"Eggs, bacon, chocolate pancakes, strawberries, and orange juice. Freshly squeezed, and make sure the bacon is turkey. Regular makes my stomach hurt and Diggy don't need that." He smirked.

I put my hand up in a salute and had my soldier voice in play. "Sir, yes sir. Cereal, cereal, cereal, cereal, and 2% percent milk. In a fresh bowl, and make sure the milk is 2% because skim milk makes Diggy have diarrhea, and Diggy don't need that."

"Bae quit, playin'." He groaned, pulling me onto his lap.

"Who's playing? I ain't making you a high quality breakfast when you haven't even said the words I wanted you to say yet." He looked quizzically in my eyes making an effort to see what he was missing. More minutes went by, and he still scrutinized me until he snapped his fingers in success. "I forgot! Babe I am so sorry!" Diggy caressed my cheek and pulled me into a lingering kiss.

Yay! I knew he didn't forget about our special day. "I forgot that it was my night to clean the dishes! How about I do them today and tomorrow to make it up to you?" Wait, what? My smile dropped and I nudged him off of me.

He got up with me and pulled me into his arms. His honey scent suckled it's way into my nose making me lean in closer against my own will. "What? That wasn't it?" The mere fact that he fucking forgot! He forgot what was suppose to be the best day ever. Not just for me, but for the both of us. I guess this relationship isn't as imperative as I thought it was.

"Forget it. I'm going to take a shower. Make your own cereal." Before he got to say anything else, I gathered my stuff and locked myself in the bathroom.

Time Skip

Worst fucking day of my entire existence. It's almost midnight and he hasn't said a goddamn thing about our anniversary. Fuck him! He's not hearing another word from me for a good while. I might even stay at my friends house for a couple of nights. What makes it even more hurtful is that he didn't even spend the day with me.

He spent the whole day with Roger and Perry. Yep, he messed up royally. He's lucky I love his stupid ass, or else I would've been gone. I heard the front door open and close, with little creaks spilling out. No need to try and be silent, because he's about to hear an earful of me. "Why the fuck did you come home so late!" I yelled, throwing a pillow at him. He stood there shocked for a brief moment, but held his hands up in surrender.

"The time got away from me. Why are you mad baby?" You idiot! How dare you ask me why am I mad! "You inconsiderate jackass! You forgot the most momentous day of our relationship, and you have the nerve to ask me why I'm mad!"

Hot tears rolled down my face as I got closer to him, punching away at his chest. "I hate you! You must not love me like I thought you did. You can take that pillow and sleep on the couch, for the rest of your life!"

Diggy grabbed both of my wrists, preventing my from assaulting him any longer and kissed me. "No, stop!" He didn't. Instead, he flipped us around so that my back was against the wall and lifted me up onto his waist. He attacked my lips with deadly kisses, while his hands roamed and around and grabbed at my ass. "Dan..... Mm. Daniel, stop!"

No matter how hard I tried to get him to discontinue what he was doing, he would pursue me more. "I hate you Diggy! Leave me alone! I hate you!" After I said that he took me off his body but still kept a hold on me.

"What if I said you were the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me? Would you still hate me?" He asked nuzzling his nose in my neck.

"Yes."

"What if I told you that you were the only woman for me? Still hatin' me?"

"Yes." I gasped when he nipped on my collarbone.

"And what if I got down on one knee?" He questioned, slipping down on his right knee. "And what if I looked into your eyes and poured my soul out to you? What if I told you that these last five years with you have been the best moments of my life? What if I said I couldn't live another day without calling you mine? You know I ain't good with words, and when it comes to you and my feelings I damn sure don't have a clue as what to say. But as I kneel down before you and say these things, I want you to know that you're my baby and I will always love you. So would you do me the incredible honor of becoming Mrs. Y/n Y/Mn Simmons?"

My knees buckled, and my breath hitched. He proposed? He proposed! "You are the craziest person that I have ever met." I whispered.

He looked frightened and almost got up, but I held him down. "And that's what I love about you. Of course I'll marry you." Diggy beamed and picked me up, twirling me around and pecking at my face.

Stopping, he bent his head and murmured in my ear. "Forever?"

"Forever, baby."