II

Oliver Quill's pov

I woke up from my sleep as I put my royalty clothes on. I stare at my figure fixing my neck bow tie as I get interrupted by the maid, "breakfast is ready your royal highness". Pathetic. I leave as I make my way to the dining room.

I enter to be faced by the people whom I'm forced to call a family, what a shame. I sit the opposite of grandfather, lifting my arms to shove down the breakfast in front of me as fast as possible, for I can't handle the toxic air they breathe. "Good morning to you too, Oliver?" My grandfather spoke raising one eyebrow at me. "Morning", I coldly say not even looking at him. "Son you should greet in the morning, it's disrespectful of you.", my father..correction prince Quill Henry spoke to me. "Whatever, it gets old as time passes by", I left a loud strong breathe out. "Honey..", Mother said as she held my hand in hers.

Mother, the only person whom I care for, the only person who truly cares for me and the only person whom I'm willing to have a conversation with even. "Please just for me greet us...", she spoke as her greyish blue eyes sparkle. "Fine." I nodded as I saw her smile softly laying back on her seat, making herself ready to eat comfortably. "I'm done eating", I say making my way out of the place, hearing nothing but silence following me.

Quill Henry's pov

"I'm sorry about Oliver", I speak towards my father, king Henry II. "It's alright. I already wanted to speak to both of you about something", my father's words fill the room in tension as I look at Caroline whom worrisome starts to build in her, making it visible on her pale face. "We need to do something about Oliver, people are talking, I'm afraid if he won't get married within this week I'll have to send him where he will be forced to live alone and cooperate with others", father's words were like shot guns to our hearts, straight to the point.

"You- you can't just take him away from me, from us!! He's our son! You can't do that to us, to him.", Caroline spoke, her voice was like a shaking mountain, fear and pain was building up in this room. "Father, you can't take him away! He's our only son, you know if he goes out there he might just get killed!", my voice raised as his words seemed to be more absurd by the time.

"I've had enough of this conversation! You either do something or he leaves", a thud echoed throughout the still room, my gaze lays upon the man who drastically changed my life in just a few words. Heavy yet strong were his steps as he shot up abruptly, eyes eerie with a peculiar enmity before retreating from the room. Silence appears yet again to fill the emptiness of the room, even though an invitation wasn't ever sent. I turned around to Caroline who already crumbled down on to the floor, opening the gates to the long awaited rivers to flow down her beautiful face. I run immediately to her and hug her tightly in my embrace, "it's alright. It's going to be alright love. We will find him someone". I reassured her as her tears had no intention to stop.

We will find him someone.

Elizabeth's pov

I woke up from my sleep as I head immediately to make breakfast for my lovely family. As I start placing the food down on the table who is barely keeping up with us, I saw them walk in leaving their lingering kisses on my cheeks. I smile as I say "good morning lovelies". "Hmm seems delicious!", father spoke, excitement flows it's way out of his lips. "It's Monday father, always your favorite" I giggled as I sat next to my mother, "hey, give me Lucas. I'm not really hungry, I'll feed him.", I say carrying Lucas away from mom's lap.

I'm not really hungry because of him,
Because of Oliver.

I start to feed Lucas as mom asks me "are you sure you don't want to eat darling?". I nodded eagerly, not wanting to show her the pain that lies behind this mask, "yes of course mom, besides if I get hungry I'll make something small for myself so don't worry". There it was, the most precious smile on earth, no wonder father fell for her that fast, it was all along that smile of hers.

———————

Time passed by as I did the usual, clean the house, help mother in doing the dishes, the laundry and taking care of Lucas and now I'm waiting for father to come back home from his work. I heard the doorbell ring as I immediately say, "I'll get it! It must be father".

I open the door to be faced by Mr. Frederick. "Oh, Mr Fredrick, how may I help you?", I ask politely. "Good afternoon Elizabeth, I want to talk to your father" he said. "But father isn't yet back home from work", I spoke as I get interrupted by the echo of my mother's voice, "who is it darling?". I see her move heavily towards me as she carries Lucas in her weak arms. She froze when she saw Mr.Fredrick, "Mr fredrick..my husband isn't home yet, so it would be better if you come back later next time", I could feel the fear and worrisome is her voice build as she stutters in her words. "Mrs Connor you have been telling me the same thing over and over again. We need to talk about the rent check, you weren't able to pay last months payment nor will you be able to-", Mr. Fredrick gets interrupted by the voice of my father approaching us, "what is going on?".

"Oh there you are Connor! Finally I see you. I'm afraid to tell you to get ready to move out of this house, you weren't able to pay for it last month nor will you be able to do so this month. I'm sorry.", Mr.Fredrick's words were enough to break every single bone in me, but I had to stay strong, for my mother and Lucas. "Fredrick, I'll get my salary at the end of this week! I'll pay for last month I promise just give us a few more days!", my dad tried to negotiate with him. "What about this month then? I'm sorry Mr Connor. I've helped you more than enough. Please be ready by tomorrow" Mr.Fredrick said, lowering his head in apology. "No! Please! Mr Fredrick! We have a son! We can't live on the streets, please! No one will take us in, and you know that! Pl-please", my mother crumbled down to the floor as I immediately take her in my arms, wiping the tears flowing down her petite small face. "I'm sorry Mrs Connor", Mr.Fredrick spoke as he follows back the trails he came from to his car.

I saw the worst devastated state on my family for the first time in history, the cries of my mother filled the whole atmosphere filling it with non other than pain, sadness and betrayal of reality. The confusion of Lucas as he looks at me in hopes to have everything be fine and the look of my father crumbling down to the ground, covering his face is shame and pain, letting his manly tears reveal themselves for the first time in his whole entire life. That all made me shatter down to where I couldn't be brought back the way I was ever again.

Where will we go?
What will happen to us?
This village is our home.