VII

The tension focused in the space between me and Oliver, facing each other was thankfully replaced with the heart welcoming atmosphere, Edward was blowing towards me. I felt relieved, that someone like him existed or I won't ever step into Oliver's room without fearing the loss of my life. "So have you guys planned the wedding day?" Edwards asked us as he moved his face looking at both of us, who seemed taken aback with the question or more like I, individual was taken aback by it. Oliver laid back as he said, " why should we? Isn't our marriage already arranged. I'm pretty sure mother and father will plan the rest." he looks at me straight into my aching soul, as if I am the reason behind all of this.

My gritted teeth were the closed gates to what I may say. Waves of memories flash in front of me as I couldn't keep my gates closed anymore. "You know I didn't choose this reunion either" I slowly move my head as I speak. He moved his body in, "then why go through with it?". I could feel the tension finally moving out of its focused space as it spreads its wings, making Edward feel worried. "Because it benefits my family of course" I reply back quickly, giving silence no chance to enter between this conversation.

Oliver looks at me fiercely, eyebrows furrowed in anger, jaw clenching, eyes squirting slightly, flared nostrils, it clearly showed he was trying to control his anger and he lastly throws nothing but words of no mercy, "Get out". Everything stopped. Tension froze in its place, silence finally spoke, and worst of all my shattered heart replied no more. I stood up from my place as I look down at Oliver for the last time, showing him how words could turn to actions ruining lives. I hold my dress and run out of his room immediately, hearing the distant voice of Edward yelling at Oliver for what he just said.

Oliver Quill's pov

"Are you serious?! What is wrong with you?!" Edward scolded me as she left. I kept silent, there was no need for me to speak now, because I know what I did was right. I saw Edward as he runs his fingers in his hair, soon covering his face. "What were you thinking!", he shook his head as he huffed, "she's the only person willing to marry you, Oliver and you know that". "Well maybe she shouldn't. What's different about her huh? Tell me. What will make a poor girl like her the 'special' person I'll have a family with?" I snapped. There is no way in Gods plan that a poor girl marries a prince. Royals Marry within another royal family, no poor people or pathetic people are ever involved.

Edward gasps as he smirks, " well maybe I need to leave you so you would restart your whole logic, Oliver". I saw him as he picks his coat up and makes his way out of the room. I lay back on the couch and exhale loudly, "maybe you should shut your mouth and stop acting as the nice guy". I made sure he listened, as I could see him on the edge of my eyes he stood for a second and then left.

Elizabeth's pov

I hurried to my room and shut the door behind me, loudly. I rushed to throw myself on the bed, throwing my soul, throwing the pain away. As I let the soft warm tears touch my cold cheeks, I couldn't hold anything anymore. I cried out in shame, suffocating as air hid itself from my disastrous horrible self. I heard the echo of multiple knocks on the door following the worried voice of Edward, "Elizabeth. Elizabeth, please may I come in?" I could feel the sincerity in his voice, not like the cold rude voice of Oliver. I shook my head no, as if I hoped he could see me do so as I lose all my voice to make it available for the cries I let out.

I've been crying a lot since I met Oliver. A lot. I'm in pain already and I'm not even married to him yet.

I should be stronger, for my family, for myself, for the last organs working in my body.

"Elizabeth?", Edward's knocks were beginning to fade, just like the echoes of a dying girl asking for help fades away with no rescue following it. "I'm coming in", he says as he slightly opens the door. I immediately shook my head before he opens the door completely and make my weak self visible in those innocent kind eyes of his. "No", I manage to say, "I'm fine really, I'm just changing. Please wait for me outside", I say as I gather my warm cozy voice back. "O-oh alright then...I'll be waiting..Take your time Elizabeth.", he says as he closes the door behind him. I wipe off the last drops of tears as I go to wash my red face. God now how will he believe I wasn't crying. I walk towards the closet and open it to find my off white dress I used to wear back home. I smile softly as I grab it to Change into it.

I opened the door slowly to see Edward leaning on the opposite wall of my room, head bent down and arms crossed. I admired him for a second before he lifted his head up as he noticed me. "Hey.." His lips curved slowly to form the angelic smile he keeps. "Hey..", I said as I felt the end of my lips twitch, trying to form a small smile in return. He moved in and walked closer to me. I looked up at him for a couple of seconds before realizing what I'm doing and looking down immediately in shyness. I could feel the energy flowing out of him as he chuckles, "it's alright Elizabeth".

I look back at him for a second as a smile place itself on my face, " oh well says the gentleman". He smiled brightly showing his bright straight teeth. "Actually the gentleman wants to ask you to take a walk with him", he says, hands in his pockets, swinging his body a bit from one side to the other. I didn't know if this was alright in the royalty family to hangout with the cousin of the person I'll marry before marrying him even but I did know something for sure,

Oliver was looking at us from a distance, and this was my chance.