XII

The wind of the dawn burst itself out of the freezing zone, causing every frozen atom to touch my warm cheeks. My eyes were closed yet I could see a light, a light so bright it shines in a distance no between can ever reach. I force my tired eyes to open themselves slowly, forcing them to face life, to face the truth that I deny. As I finally take in the view in front of me, I see Oliver missing. I turn my head around, to be met by the silence clustering the room. I removed the blanket off of me and folded it, heading towards our room. I place the blanket on the chair I found it on, as my eyes wonder the place for any signs of Oliver. I walk towards the long mirror and look at myself, a smile crept on my face as I remember what happened yesterday.

The soft word he said, the blanket we covered under, the warmth we shared and-and the fact he allowed me to lay my head on his shoulder. I giggle to myself looking down, "princess Elizabeth? Are you alright?", Adeline spoke as she immediately grab my attention. I chuckle as I see her worried face, "oh Adeline, I'm fine. Actually I couldn't be happier, but what's the matter, why are you here?". "Oh well then I hope you're always happy princess, and oh I came to tell you to get ready for breakfast. Everyone is already seated", she spoke gently. "Oh! Alright, I'll be there in a few minutes. I'll just use the washroom and get dressed", I speak as I feel embarrassed. "Oh take your time princess, don't rush.", she giggled. "And oh one more thing, call me Elizabeth from now and on, alright", I order her before I head towards the bathroom in a rush.

—————

I enter the dining room as I head towards my seat, next to princess Caroline. They were all eating and chattering about the wedding day, until King Henry II cleared his throat, quite loudly. "So Elizabeth, you finally got married, huh?", King Henry spoke to me. I nod slowly as I try to come up with words, "uh yes your majesty", was all what I could come up with, as I take a glance at Oliver. "Mhmm well then, tell us how was the night in your shared room?", he asked again. I was taken back by his sudden question, I could feel the blush creeping in on my warm cheeks. I look around at the rest of them, hoping someone will speak instead of me. "Oh Henry, stop asking her such questions. Besides I checked up on them last night and saw both of them sleeping outside on the deck, next to each other", princess Caroline said as you could hear the sweet sugar plated giggles of hers linger in the room. I looked at her and then at Oliver, whom eyes were looking at his mother, and lips curved up in a smirk.

Wait a second...is this what I think it is? Oh god no it isn't, of course not.. Could he do such thing?

I ignore my worries as I continue to eat in silence. After everyone has left, I headed back towards our room. I open my travel bag where I kept all my books writings, and memorable things in there. I grab the empty lonely envelopes as I start writing a letter to my parents, whom now I have no contact with. I try to keep asking all about them, rather than talking about what I was feeling, for I didn't want to worry them more than they are, while I'm away. "I could still feel your presence around me...", I whispered the words I write. "What now, you're a poet?", Oliver's sarcastic voice marks its appearance after coming out of the bathroom. I didn't move my head or eyes from the letter but I did reply back, "why yes I am, actually. Luckily they don't need your opinion to judge them either, so save it".

"Watch your attitude", he sharply says. I look up at him as I could feel the fire in me build up, "really? Now I got to watch my attitude Oliver? Well then what's with the cold cruel attitude of yours, knowing your mother will check up on us and so you ask me to stay so we seem like we are fine when we aren't? Tell me Oliver, what will you do with that attitude?", I say as I get up to face him, anger filling the empty heart of mines. As I kept my glare at him, his face got furious and his legs took closer steps towards me, "Don't you ever raise your voice on me, do you understand?", he says between gritted teeth. "I'm not stupid Oliver, nor will I ever be when I'm living with such being like you, I-I opened up to you yesterday, you're so evil", I say in a lower tone than earlier but still anger wasn't scared to show itself in my voice. "Think again then. Besides shouldn't you be thankful that I lied about us? What, you want my family to be our tail, following us everywhere we go, if so you're pathetic", he says harshly and scoffs in between his words.

Pathetic?

I could feel my eyes fill its exceeding limit of tears but just before I set them free from this jail I speak for the last time, "well Oliver...I'm not a liar..", I grab the letter I was writing before pushing him out of my way and rushing to anywhere but here.

Oliver Quill's pov

My eyes followed her till her figure disappeared. "God!!", I yell as I kick the side of the bed hard. I run my hands through my hair to my face, "what were you thinking Oliver, god damn force yourself to be a bit better towards her, she's your wife now", I greeted my teeth in anger. I sit on the edge of the bed as I cover my mouth with my hands, I look to the place she was sitting before the damage happened to find an open bag stuffed with letters, books and notebooks. I pull the bag towards me as I try to distract myself by anything other than the anger flowing in me. I finally get to the letter part, as I skip through them, I found a familiar looking one.

"It's the confession letter I rejected", I coldly say, no interest or whatsoever of what might be written in there.