XXXIV

The endless walk of making decisions, have finally ended. "Princess Elizabeth, his majesty wants to see you in the room you were in before" a maid came walking toward Edward and I. "His majesty? You mean King Henry is here?" I ask a bit confused. "Yes your highness" she replies before bowing and leaving. I turn to Edward and he immediately says, "I had nothing to do with it". "Just come along" I sigh, shaking my head along the way.

"Your majesty" I say, entering the room. My eyes land on him. Not on King Henry, but on him, on Oliver. 'What is he doing here?' The muppets in my brain ask terrified, hoping for a reply from their masters. 'stay calm', the masters spoke as I oblige. "Princes Elizabeth. Take a seat darling" His majesty spoke, eyeing the chair next to Oliver. I connect my eyes with Oliver before looking back to Edward, whom was holding my hands the entire time. "It's alright. It will be" he assures me and I gulp before taking a seat.

"I'm sure you've heard of what Quill has done", his majesty spoke, the way he addressed Prince Quill by his name meant he left him no mercy, "He is being taken care of, but as that is being done, he has to stay under my eye. Therefore, as our law enforcers, Prince Oliver should take over my place." He finishes his sentence, as silence starts banging its heads all over the room.

"What?" Princess Caroline speaks on behalf most of us, "But your majesty. Oliver is not ready.." she continues. "Why? Why, is it because he wants a divorce from Elizabeth?" His majesty says with a stern voice that could cut metal in tiny pieces. I look over to Oliver and from the calm steady statue he was, his eyes moved around, and I could see as his bright blue eyes looked over to me to glance at his own very amusement. "He is ready. And he knows very well, that he can't divorce, not now not ever. Not until I die" His majesty speaks as he locks his deadly eyes with Oliver.

Everyone kept silent, unable to discuss this sudden issue but when I looked over at my mother, Lucas, Caroline and Edward. I realized if I accept, I drag them all into my own prison of hell. "I am not." I say loud enough for the white bird that is stuck in the sky hears me, hears me well, to free itself. "I beg your pardon" His majesty says. "I am not ready. I-I mean I've got to be a queen and I have no experiences. I think it's better if Princess Caroline rules" I stutter.

I was still waiting for the moment where Oliver argues and Disagrees with the fact that I, Elizabeth Conner, has to be his wife forever. However, he knew his ways of silent torturing, so he never spoke. "Darling. I thank you for your vote, but this is not a matter of being ready or not. You accepted to marry Oliver and therefore you should be there for him, whenever he is in need. You will support him, make him do the right thing, I believe in you, which is exactly why I agreed on this marriage from the beginning. Now he doesn't mind being in charge of a whole country, so you shouldn't. However, I will give him a whole day to think it through, just for you both to discuss it." His majesty spoke, voice sweet as corn syrup would taste and I couldn't believe the fact he was nice, to the point I agreed to what I just heard.

I see my mother as she covers her face and walks away to the corner, sobbing up. I look at her and the figure of his majesty leaving the room, and I knew right then I had to convince Oliver not to take this place, not to take away the heart of my mother. To convince him that he has mercy lying within this soul of ashes.

"You can't accept it" I hurriedly say to Oliver, closing the door of this room I was unforcedly dragged too. "And since when do you give orders...to me?" Oliver scoffs smirking at the petite figure walking up to him. "Are you serious? This is a serious matter Oliver. Taking this means that I have to stay married to you forever, and I'm sure we both don't want that-" I got cut off. "You're sure. Who ever confirmed I am sure? What now, Edward brainwashed you?" Oliver states angrily.

"Oliver! Don't drag Edward in any of this. I'm sick and tired of how you treat me. And whenever someone makes me happy you rush in to ruin it. Aren't you tired? Tell me! Aren't you tired of people going around asking you about us? About how you and I are? If we are ever planning on having children any time soon?. I know for sure, I am." I lay my cards down, incurable and drained, drained by his own poison, we tend to call one sided love.

I hear Oliver chuckle and I felt taken aback. "There is nothing funny here Oliver. I am being completely serious" I say, irritated. "You really grew some attitude when I was gone" he chuckles, walking towards the couch. "Well....I'm glad you know you've been gone" I stutter, bewildered by his sudden warm chuckle. It's like my sudden cold body was covered by his syrupy luscious voice, as if I could taste thaumatin on my chapped dry lips.

I shake my head as I try to get back to the original topic, "Oliver. You have got to reject his offer. I mean think about it. Do you want to be the person whom steals the place of his mother? You love her right? She's the only thing you care about, the only person you would get jealous over, the only one". He stands up and walks ever so slowly around, "you really think she's the only one I love? You do realize I have someone right?" He says, looking straight at me.

"Well yes I do. I guess we all do" I gulp slowly remembering Gwendolyn, "listen Oliver. I'm finally doing it. I'm forgetting you, so let it be the way it is now" I whisper, voice breaking with each step he takes towards me. He chuckles softly and smirks before grabbing my face in his palms, "Good luck forgetting me after this",

and he kisses me ever so passionately, ever so lovingly.